·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Last Chance to save a puppy's life.

by Liv | Published on March 9th, 2009, 11:53 am | Greensboro
DSCF6846.JPG

Seriously... This darn dog showed up at our door 2 days ago, and won't go away. It's skinny... and clearly been homeless for awhile... but it's super nice... it played with the kids fine... and we gave it some food after two days of watching it eat cat poo, and lick my dogs urine....

I can't keep it... (we've already got 2 cats and a dog) and we're leaving on a flight on Wednesday at which point... I'm positive dad will call the pound.... It looks like it has a bit of pit in it... but it's super nice... unfortunately down here... they'll euthanize it immediately if they're called... so basically the dog has two days to live unless anyone know somebody who wants it....

It's free.... of course...

To our belief it's "male" and has been fixed (we think) and docked (sp?)....

The dog will not be euthanized immediately. It will go to the shelter and be held for 72 hours to see if anyone comes to claim it. Unfortunately, because it is a pit bull, the shelter does not adopt that breed out, but if they determine that it has another breed in it and is mostly of that other breed, they may try to find it a home. Judging from the picture, it has some lab in there somewhere.
March 9th, 2009, 12:45 pm
saazuka

Okay, after further investigation... I don't believe he has been fixed now...

And we're beginning to wonder if he's not Pit... but American Bulldog...
March 9th, 2009, 6:39 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

So whats happened with the dog?? Did you find it a home??
March 10th, 2009, 7:15 am
missionpants

As of earlier... it's still outside the house... It's been sleeping on our porches.... and the neighbors have taken notice...

We've tried asking everyone we know... no one is willing to take it... So at this point it's fate is up in the air....
We're leaving tomorrow.... So quite literally.... a couple things will happen....

It will go on it's way, someone will report it... or it will sit around the yard and my dad will probably drop by and call the pound....

or it will go very hungry for a week....

If anyone is interested... we're leaving for RDU around 5pmish tomorrow.... so... call me before hand, and I'll deliver it...
March 10th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Liv

Shannon is crying as am I.... I promised I post this.... as we're leaving and this is the very last chance for someone to save this animals life....

Full info here...

Basically the Police just pulled up in our yard.... he tried called Happy Hills, and they said they're full.... The officer was being super nice about....

A few minutes later animal control showed up....

It really sucks... but even if we could keep him, there's no way we could get medical documentation to board him by this afternoon... really we don't need another pet.... but this is tearing us apart at the moment...

So.... Here it is... If anyone has it in there heart to rescue this dog... The officer states it's on it's way to the Asheboro pound.... for processing...

According to one of the posters... it has 72 hours.... till it's put to death....

He really would make the perfect family pet, if you're thinking about having one....

I'd be glad to reimburse you for the adoption fees....

Animal Control/Animal Shelter

Shelter Information:

* Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-4:00 pm
* Animal adoption Fee $15.00

Phone Numbers:

(336) 683-8235 (Asheboro)
(336) 878-8235 (Archdale/High Point/Trinity)
(336) 315-8235 (Greensboro/Liberty)

Office Location:

Randolph County Landfill
1250 County Land Road
Randleman, NC 27317
March 11th, 2009, 9:20 am
Liv

hey liv
ive been thinking a lot lately about getting another dog after i got this new house out here in stokesdale 6 months ago. i worked for a dog breeder for 5 years and know plenty about caring for dogs. he does look like an american bulldog which is very similar to a staffordshire. i have a few acres and a 3 br home for him if you still havent found one for him. i didnt see any contact info to reach you. he looks terribly sweet and i would take loving care of him. - [email protected] or home-644-6603 work-292-7410 call any of these numbers at any time

ahh i see you gave numbers to animal control. i know in greensboro that if at the pound they think he is a pit bull he will not be adopted out but put to sleep. i used to harass greensboro animal control when they called me asking for help boarding excess animals because of how they treat pits. i work 11 30 am - 8 pm in greensboro off of 208 south chimney rock rd. if theres any way you'd go out on a limb and bring him to me while at work that would be awesome. im not looking to trek across the state in a truck that gets like 12 miles to the gallon. yeah im not rich :( oh well
Wise men can see the difference in compromise
And laying down ones beliefs
March 11th, 2009, 8:29 pm
thewatersglimmer

We're in London right now... If there's any chance he makes it till Wednesday... when we will be back... I'll be glad to try and call on him... if you're interested....

but they were pretty rude when we called... I even offered to "sponsor" him like they do in Guilford... but because our house "technically" falls in Randolph county... we get this mediocre facility which seems to do nothing but lead the animals to the death chamber....

Let me know... and we'll ring them when we land.
March 12th, 2009, 6:22 pm
Liv

Return to Greensboro