·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Serendipitous Says "Simon Says Get Up" Sucks

by A Person | Published on October 15th, 2009, 2:36 pm | Greensboro
If he got a success rate of 0.5% it would be worth it.

Liv wrote:What's weird is there use to be a guy in Greensboro with a viper who use to cruise it....

He was like 52 and hit on all the 17 year old girls with his big car.

I'm 51 and even if I won the lottery and had a zebra-striped Rolls, I'd know better than to try and hit on any female that I found attractive.
:evil:
October 15th, 2009, 2:44 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
A Person wrote:If he got a success rate of 0.5% it would be worth it.

What does that look like though? A wink?

Wait... I said 17... you perv! :D
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
October 15th, 2009, 5:45 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:What's weird is there use to be a guy in Greensboro with a viper who use to cruise it....

He was like 52 and hit on all the 17 year old girls with his big car.

I worked for a minor league baseball team from 1992-1994. The general manager in office when I was hired drove a Viper and thought he was the s#!t, especially because he cruised around with his mobile phone, similar to this one:

When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
October 15th, 2009, 9:24 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Bet that got you all excited Dip.... Nothing like a man with a viper and a phone bag... oh yeah... "so hot!"
October 16th, 2009, 9:20 am
Liv

On that note, I think we can officially declare this thread as derailed and dead.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
October 16th, 2009, 9:30 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Sanjuro wrote:On that note, I think we can officially declare this thread as derailed and dead.

You know what though... you guys got me listening to 98.7 now though... Listened to it while coming back from shauffering the kids and Shan....

First thing I felt was "too much music".
October 16th, 2009, 9:32 am
Liv

Liv wrote:
Sanjuro wrote:On that note, I think we can officially declare this thread as derailed and dead.

You know what though... you guys got me listening to 98.7 now though... Listened to it while coming back from shauffering the kids and Shan....

First thing I felt was "too much music".

Actually given the current alternative, thats probably a good thing! :P Seriously though, a lot of people like the show because they play music.

I admit I listened today too but didn't hear the 'boring mentioned, so I guess they are done playing with us. Although there was something I did catch... they had some background music looped during a segment that sounded familiar. When I listened closely I figured out they were looping a measure of an Avett Brothers song from Mignonette.

Whoever did that gained some cool points in my book. The Avetts are one of my all-time favorite groups.
October 16th, 2009, 9:43 am
Sanjuro

Liv wrote:

You know what though... you guys got me listening to 98.7 now though.

LOL! Well, that's a ratings increase at least. But the thread didn't get me interested enough to tune in. But I guess they wouldn't want me as a listener anyway. I'm not their type.
:whistle:
October 16th, 2009, 9:49 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Here's what they do....

They need to wake up before going on air, and traverse local neighborhoods sneaking into people's cars and setting the radios to 98.7 before the morning commute.
October 16th, 2009, 9:53 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Here's what they do....

They need to wake up before going on air, and traverse local neighborhoods sneaking into people's cars and setting the radios to 98.7 before the morning commute.

Better yet have a contest where people go to their neighbors doors at 6am, knock, and when answered scream to the top of their lungs "SIMON SAYS GET UP!!"... then naturally get shot....
October 16th, 2009, 10:11 am
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:Better yet have a contest where people go to their neighbors doors at 6am, knock, and when answered scream to the top of their lungs "SIMON SAYS GET UP!!"... then naturally get shot....

That sounds like the idea for a new Japanese TV game show. It'll be a HUGE hit! :twisted:
October 16th, 2009, 10:21 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Well maybe people are just upset because it's not Kiss FM anymore...

I mean don't you find it odd, that 98.7 was #1 in the market here in the Triad all during our childhoods....

I'm not sure what happened, I think it had something to do with those few years where like every channel (and I do mean every crackin channel in Greensboro) switched to country. Thank God that era is over... I mean, I love country music as much as the next person but come on!!!!
October 16th, 2009, 10:51 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Well maybe people are just upset because it's not Kiss FM anymore...

I mean don't you find it odd, that 98.7 was #1 in the market here in the Triad all during our childhoods....

I'm not sure what happened, I think it had something to do with those few years where like every channel (and I do mean every crackin channel in Greensboro) switched to country. Thank God that era is over... I mean, I love country music as much as the next person but come on!!!!

I think it switched to "alternative rock" in the 90's but don't quote me on that.
October 16th, 2009, 11:42 am
Sanjuro

I stopped listening to that station in 1986, IIRC. It was right around the time I did my last stint working on off-shifts. I think it was just that pop music started to really suck in those days. I took to listening to my own mix tapes, then eventually found NPR... never looked back after that.
October 16th, 2009, 11:53 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I stopped listening to that station in 1986, IIRC. It was right around the time I did my last stint working on off-shifts. I think it was just that pop music started to really suck in those days. I took to listening to my own mix tapes, then eventually found NPR... never looked back after that.

Yes for the love of christ we know you like NPR... What, do you get paid per plug?? GEEZE!!! :lol:
October 16th, 2009, 11:54 am
Sanjuro

Liv wrote:Bet that got you all excited Dip.... Nothing like a man with a viper and a phone bag... oh yeah... "so hot!"

Hmm... who had the better body: the general manager or an actual player? OTOH, who had the better bank account: the general manager or the actual player? For record, 'Dippy wasn't into either... They cancelled each other out and I determined I should stay away from guys involved in baseball.

Off topic? Around Gboring??? NEVER!!! LOL

Sanjuro wrote:
Liv wrote:Well maybe people are just upset because it's not Kiss FM anymore...

I think it switched to "alternative rock" in the 90's but don't quote me on that.

My history in this area only goes back to 1992. The only stations I remember from those days were WSOE and whatever classical station. My "childhood stations" were WPGC, DC101, B106.7, Q107, WJFK, WAVA and WHFS. Most of them changed format thus the departure from listening to one and on to another.

I do remember Q107 got in trouble for their slogan, "We've got the hottest hits in town." :D
October 16th, 2009, 11:58 am
Serendipitous

NPR will make you think though SFI... thinking isn't good.... leads to losing job, leads to gateway drugs.... stay off NPR...
October 16th, 2009, 11:59 am
Liv

Serendipitous wrote:Hmm... who had the better body: the general manager or an actual player? OTOH, who had the better bank account: the general manager or the actual player? For record, 'Dippy wasn't into either... They cancelled each other out and I determined I should stay away from guys involved in baseball.

It's so a quagmire these days.... sometimes I just wish I was more of a gold digging slut than a romantic so I wouldn't have financial woes....

...for the record, I've never understood the whole "off topic" thing on other boards.... Natural conversation doesn't work like that.... (atleast for me) so... you know... besides... as Dippy suggests... This is Greensboring (say in "this is sparta" voice).... oh and... countdown till this thread goes off topic and in to religious.... 3,2,1....
October 16th, 2009, 12:03 pm
Liv

Sanjuro wrote:Yes for the love of christ we know you like NPR... What, do you get paid per plug?? GEEZE!!! :lol:

I will say here that I DON'T like "Prairie Home Companion."

Does that help? :mrgreen:
October 16th, 2009, 12:14 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Liv wrote:
Serendipitous wrote:Hmm... who had the better body: the general manager or an actual player? OTOH, who had the better bank account: the general manager or the actual player? For record, 'Dippy wasn't into either... They cancelled each other out and I determined I should stay away from guys involved in baseball.

It's so a quagmire these days.... sometimes I just wish I was more of a gold digging slut than a romantic so I wouldn't have financial woes....

...for the record, I've never understood the whole "off topic" thing on other boards.... Natural conversation doesn't work like that.... (atleast for me) so... you know... besides... as Dippy suggests... This is Greensboring (say in "this is sparta" voice).... oh and... countdown till this thread goes off topic and in to religious.... 3,2,1....

~hug~ Yeah, sorry Liv, but it seems only prostitutes named Vivian with clients named Edward can get the fairytale and the cash.

I love that our threads have tangents that are much like natural conversation. I mean, I kind of feel sorry for some of the ramblings that folks have to wade through if one of our threads is a google result for something on which they're doing research, but I love seeing how one thought sparks this in another person's thoughts which sparks something in yet another person's thoughts and so on (a la "and they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends")... wait, what thread is this?

Anyway, tangents aren't the same as trolling.

Hmm, I got something new to google for... brb
October 16th, 2009, 12:32 pm
Serendipitous

October 16th, 2009, 1:07 pm
Serendipitous

Sanjuro wrote:I think it switched to "alternative rock" in the 90's but don't quote me on that.

I beleive that is was 98.7 The Point in the late 90's. I think 100.3 was also alternative around that time too...
October 16th, 2009, 1:46 pm
Pineview Style

Serendipitous wrote:My history in this area only goes back to 1992. The only stations I remember from those days were WSOE and whatever classical station. My "childhood stations" were WPGC, DC101, B106.7, Q107, WJFK, WAVA and WHFS. Most of them changed format thus the departure from listening to one and on to another.

I do remember Q107 got in trouble for their slogan, "We've got the hottest hits in town." :D

Oh man! DC101 was a great station. I remember tuning in on several road trips to Pennsylvania back in the day. They had a pretty strong signal, IIRC. Could pick them up from north Richmond up into PA.
October 16th, 2009, 1:50 pm
Pineview Style

Pineview Style wrote:Oh man! DC101 was a great station. I remember tuning in on several road trips to Pennsylvania back in the day. They had a pretty strong signal, IIRC. Could pick them up from north Richmond up into PA.

Not sure what station it was, but Dad use to pull some station from out of Toledo (or was it Detroit)... down here in NC.... It depended on the clouds being just right, and he'd pull it in.
October 16th, 2009, 2:00 pm
Liv

Return to Greensboro