·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

98.7 Simon

by Liv | Published on October 14th, 2009, 7:54 am | Greensboro
Apparently I've been informed by our department of rabid monkeys foaming at the mouth that apparently Greensboring.com has been a controversial morning media subject on local media 98.7 for two days running. Unlike that unfortunate previous radio experience which involved bricks through my window, so far people's biggest gripe is that we hate everything but Wall-E:

Not true... according to Google we love atleast 353 things.

I love Marilyn Manson's incarnation of tainted love
I love homosexuals as much as I love straight people
I love all the old school games
I love Tony's Chili-Dogs
I love mint
I love strawberries
I love twisted, dark, dramatic endings
I love London
I love a good ghost story
I love Pacers too
I love Geno's and Pat's in Philadelphia
I love carnitas
i love pickled jalapenos
I love your precious smiley
i love BIFF Burger
I love Piggly Wiggly.
I LOVE the Muppet movie
I love being a Southerner
I love a good Reuben.
I love the poetry
I love coincidences
When I see you, I love you

But only hate 180 things.

I hate Fox News.
GOD I HATE CARPORTS
I hate dieting
I hate going to the doctor
I hate it when people suffer.
I hate being a joke
I hate hearing about people who love their jobs
I hate capitalism
I hate electrical diagrams

So there you go... apparently 98.7 Simon listeners make biased judgements.

Seriously?? :lol:

Interesting that the site traffic hasn't increased. Certainly haven't had a lot of people posting to the "Get Up" thread. hmmm... :think:
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
October 14th, 2009, 8:19 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I love lamp.
October 14th, 2009, 8:36 am
Pineview Style

Liv wrote:... so far people's biggest gripe is that we hate everything but Wall-E:

LOL I guess no one has gone beyond the Get Up Sucks thread. If they hit the Food forum or Arts forum, they'd find lots of "love" to balance out the "hate."

Liv wrote:So there you go... apparently 98.7 Simon listeners make biased judgements.

Do you really expect anything more from fans of a show so vapid? As for Sean, Carmen and Skip, it really is a shame that they don't see this improvement opportunity. I noticed "PrincessPamela" posted on the Sucks thread. Hopefully they see that she is on their side (well, maybe not so much on Carmen's side... catfight?) and maybe they'll heed her opinion (which happens to be in agreement with our's) that they just need to step it up, work on their chemistry, etc.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
October 14th, 2009, 8:38 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I'm going to be blatantly honest, and I wouldn't have even known 98.7 had a morning show if it wasn't for Dip. I assumed the whole network was some computer algorithm where you dialed in said the song you wanted play, and the computer queued it and did.... Figured it was like the vending machines of radio stations....

Personally, all radio has been crap lately for me.... Although I must admit that may be partially because a lot of local shows are actually pulling content from our site and reloading it on air....

Which is kind of cool, I guess in a way....
October 14th, 2009, 8:46 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I hate idiotic pop morning radio shows. But I love NPR. Which is definitely something OTHER than Wall-E. Surely that can't be wrong... :twisted:
October 14th, 2009, 8:47 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Yes NPR is good if I'm wanting to feel all smart.....

This morning though I rocked out to this in the Bojangles drive-thru....
October 14th, 2009, 8:51 am
Liv

Okay, someone just passed along some info... Apparently Sean referred to me at some point saying "This Sanjuro guy, who is apparently an expert...on everything..."

That's awesome, I'm using it! Liv, can you change "The cake is a lie" under my avatar to "Expert...on everything..." ?? :dance:
October 14th, 2009, 10:11 am
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:Okay, someone just passed along some info... Apparently Sean referred to me at some point saying "This Sanjuro guy, who is apparently an expert...on everything..."

That's awesome, I'm using it! Liv, can you change "The cake is a lie" under my avatar to "Expert...on everything..." ?? :dance:

:laughing-rolling:

ohmigahd I think I busted a gut! Because anything Sean says is credible? Of course, I understand that Sean also referred to Serendipitous as "he"... ~looking in my pants again~
October 14th, 2009, 10:32 am
Serendipitous

Serendipitous wrote: :laughing-rolling:

ohmigahd I think I busted a gut! Because anything Sean says is credible? Of course, I understand that Sean also referred to Serendipitous as "he"... ~looking in my pants again~

Well he was obviously being facetious, but I'm still using it!
October 14th, 2009, 10:37 am
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:
Serendipitous wrote: :laughing-rolling:

Well he was obviously being facetious, but I'm still using it!

~looking for the "no doy" smilie~ :wink:

It's actually been rather amusing. He kind of reminds me of someone else around here who dishes it out then takes his toys and runs home crying...
October 14th, 2009, 10:43 am
Serendipitous

Sanjuro wrote:That's awesome, I'm using it! Liv, can you change "The cake is a lie" under my avatar to "Expert...on everything..." ?? :dance:

Yes, yes I can.... because I'm crackin awesome.
October 14th, 2009, 2:08 pm
Liv

Serendipitous wrote:Of course, I understand that Sean also referred to Serendipitous as "he"... ~looking in my pants again~

If you find something, I can help refer you to the appropriate medical facilities.... though I'll warn, it's not a pretty process.
October 14th, 2009, 2:09 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:
Sanjuro wrote:That's awesome, I'm using it! Liv, can you change "The cake is a lie" under my avatar to "Expert...on everything..." ?? :dance:

Yes, yes I can.... because I'm crackin awesome.

And it's been done...
October 14th, 2009, 2:20 pm
Serendipitous

Liv wrote:
Serendipitous wrote:Of course, I understand that Sean also referred to Serendipitous as "he"... ~looking in my pants again~

If you find something, I can help refer you to the appropriate medical facilities.... though I'll warn, it's not a pretty process.

Does Lorena Bobbitt work there?
October 14th, 2009, 2:21 pm
Serendipitous

Sanjuro wrote:Certainly haven't had a lot of people posting to the "Get Up" thread. hmmm... :think:

I meant to comment on this as well. The only "fan" who has stood up for them is Princess Pamela, who notes that she has actually been on the show as a "co-host". So she's not exactly one of their ordinary callers/fans, but perhaps the station will consider her offer to work for free at least for a trial period and see if that helps or hinders. If she doesn't raise ratings, she might at least raise the intelligence level.
October 15th, 2009, 6:34 am
Serendipitous

Wow! I have so much to say this morning. Let me see if I can cover them in order. 1. I was informed about this blog site because of 98.7. I heard Sean talking about you on Tuesday morning (I think). I came over to see what all the "buzz" was about. I started listening to 98.7 when I moved back to this area after being away for many years. When I started to listening to 98.7 they had a wonderful group of four .. Jeff, Skip, Neil and AJ. It was wonderful and I was hooked. Then AJ and Neil left and they added Julie. Which was a train wreck. She came across the air as the biggest .. um, "friendly" woman in Greensboro. After a very short time she left. I called Jeff and gave him the idea of using listeners, he could trust to co-host until they could fill the vacant seat. Thus, Bringing us to Camen. Jeff asked me what I thought about her and I told him. She would do well in a BIGGER market but here in laid back Greensboro, her personality is far too big. I told him that she over powered him and Skip, but as you can tell the "powers that be" liked her and we are still today stuck with her. I think if they added a fourth person to the mix, and make it a woman that won't kiss Camen's *bleep* that it would be enough "spice" to change the whole idea of the show. 2. Yes, It was noted on the show that "you" hate everything. Well, I knew this couldn't be true, because no one hates everything, so thank you for posting the things you love. Please, Don't get me wrong I love 98.7Simon, but not so much Carmen. I have learned to "tune her out" and thus making the show enjoyable. Again, I offer my services to 98.7 for FREE .. I know that I could bring you the "spice" that you lack because I have done it before. (i.e. 5 Things Every Single Girl Should Ask A Man On The First Date .. I lite up the phone lines with that when I was there co-hosting on March 26th of this year). One last thought, Skip is you ar reading this .. YOU ROCK!!
Pineview Style wrote:

I love lamp.
October 15th, 2009, 7:09 am
PrincessPamela

So, let me get this straight.. you're saying "yes the show is broke" but "the only way to fix it is to hire me"?

I hope I don't sound too crass, but that comes off sounding a bit jealous. :|
October 15th, 2009, 7:46 am
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:So, let me get this straight.. you're saying "yes the show is broke" but "the only way to fix it is to hire me"?

I hope I don't sound too crass, but that comes off sounding a bit jealous. :|

kramerccccatfight.gif
kramerccccatfight.gif (34.09 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Maybe Get Up needs a faceoff or something to get things going.

For as much as folks seem to love shows with judges and contestants and voting for a winner, that might be interesting...

...see if Carmen has a fanbase to defend her or if "Princess Pamela" (or any hidden talent out there) could get voted on board and put flavor back into morning radio at 98.7 ... :think:
October 15th, 2009, 8:13 am
Serendipitous

I suuure do wish they'd let Wall-e host... :music-listen: (Cause its all we love. :laughing-lmao: )
October 15th, 2009, 8:19 am
Sanjuro

Perhaps they should bring in Andy Travis. I hear he did a great job of turning around radio stations in the '70s.

WKRP_in_Cincinnati.jpg
WKRP
WKRP_in_Cincinnati.jpg (10.27 KiB) Viewed 987 times

Not to be confused with WKRR, Rock 92....
October 15th, 2009, 8:41 am
Pineview Style

Pineview Style wrote:Perhaps they should bring in Andy Travis. I hear he did a great job of turning around radio stations in the '70s.

WKRP_in_Cincinnati.jpg

Not to be confused with WKRR, Rock 92....

Funny you should mention that. This whole thing reminded me of the WKRP episode where Johnny Fever made the off hand comment during a garbageman's strike that everyone should dump their trash on city hall. Later they got calls that hundreds of people were dumping their trash on city hall's steps and Fever's comment was "We have actual listeners???"

I kinda thought that might happen here when they told me gboring was mentioned on-air, but alas, either no one listens OR their fan-base cant figure out the "internets".
October 15th, 2009, 9:16 am
Sanjuro

Additionally, the episode where they dropped turkeys out of a helicopter makes me laugh till I hurt to this day.
October 15th, 2009, 9:18 am
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:Additionally, the episode where they dropped turkeys out of a helicopter makes me laugh till I hurt to this day.

That was indeed one of the all-time best sitcom episodes I ever saw.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" :lol:
October 15th, 2009, 9:28 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
What do u people think about what really happened on 9/11:D
October 15th, 2009, 9:32 am
pimpoftheworld

Return to Greensboro