·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Where NOT to Rent...

by EustachiaVye | Published on January 5th, 2010, 10:15 pm | Greensboro
I've been in GSO for three years and have made progressively worse housing choice (overpriced 700 sq ft apartment downtown, huge dilapidated house in Sunset Hills, and now...my hellhole). But I feel compelled to warn....because I wish I had listened when I was warned!

I don't usually blog and just trash people/organizations, but this is RIDICULOUS. ALL of my neighbors are active drug dealers. None of them seem to be aware of occupancy requirements, i.e. 15 guys in one 2 bedroom townhouse=too much. Wednesday and Thursday nights are party all night nights. (I have a job and am finishing grad school.) I've asked nicely. I've asked less nicely...ok, maybe Sharpie on the windows was a bit much, but uh...well, they did take a pole to the side of my car.

Ok, so people are people. However, the management company (which shall remain nameless, except that it's Bitch with one letter changed..) refuses to do ANYTHING. No maintenance contract, no repairs, nothing. It's NEW construction. Hello, warranty of habitability...fixing faulty electrical? It's not elective.

If you want to pay $1100 to live in an unfinished hellhole with NO working appliances, wretched neighbors, no maintenance, and extra fees because the landlord can't pay HIS bills (yeah, hon, I looked ya up and saw that nasty little consent order....)...by all means, move to Southside!!

Sadly, this complex aside, Southside is actually a really cool place to live. FWIW.

Bitter EV

WOW.. I had no idea southside was so bad.... Although I had heard about the problems the owners seemed to have selling all the new development there.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
January 6th, 2010, 8:28 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I think we need to call Greensboro what it is... but no one is willing to say it... It's Atlanta 2.0.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
January 6th, 2010, 9:03 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Greensboro