·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Greensboro C-

by A Person | Published on February 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm | Greensboro
In the Nation's drunkest cities

Fresno, Calif., tops Men's Health magazine's list of America's "drunkest" cities while Boston, home to the "Cheers" bar where everyone knows your name, was deemed the "least drunk," besting even Salt Lake City.

Durham, NC gets an A, but Raleigh, Greensboro and Charlotte all get C. What a difference a half-hour drive makes. In future you owe it to the law of averages to only get drunk in Durham.

Hmm... Raleigh is home to NC State University, Greensboro and Charlotte each have UNC campuses... Any colleges or universities in Durham? Hmmm Hhhmmmmmmb :think:
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
February 5th, 2010, 9:43 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Well, there's the school of the arts and NC Central. :lol:
February 6th, 2010, 5:47 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
[facetious]Oh yeah, go ahead and name the black university first. Just wait till noob-sunnied reads this, that is if she crawls out from under her rock and looks at anything on here besides her own thread.[/facetious]

:twisted:
February 6th, 2010, 8:38 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Well, there's the school of the arts and NC Central. :lol:

The University of NC School of the Arts is in Winston=Salem.
February 6th, 2010, 10:17 am
Nfidel

Interesting. I find it hard to believe Boston and NY City are A+ and A- respectively. Maybe it has something to do with more neighborhood bars in walking distance and better public transportation. I mean really, how many DUI's are there in NY or Boston proper unless the cab driver is zonked. Luckily they allowed beer in Boone or it would have been listed..... the drive to Blowing Rock was like shooting fish in a barrel for the cops. ( But there were always the back roads, hehehehehehe )
February 6th, 2010, 11:32 am
deepshade

Nfidel wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Well, there's the school of the arts and NC Central. :lol:

The University of NC School of the Arts is in Winston=Salem.

Hm. There's some school out there in Durham. Science and Math? I knew I'd seen some place in Durham that was a likely place for drinking.
:doh:
February 6th, 2010, 12:56 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Return to Greensboro