·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Greensboro Greyhound is a destination of personality

by Liv | Published on May 18th, 2010, 11:05 am | Greensboro
greyhound_greensboro_2.jpg

Went back to Greyhound, and found not much had changed since Friday. The door was still broken. A handicap woman rolled her wheel chair into the stall beside me. I however was smart enough to go into the one that locked this time. Upon realizing she couldn't lock her door she screamed out "Jesus crackin Christ", which was seriously called for... and though it was slightly humorous, I felt bad for the poor woman. I'm not sure exactly how handicap people go potty, (though I can imagine) but I doubt having a door swing open while trying to do your business is very dignified.

greensboro_greyhound.jpg
Your wate and fate.... seriously? Couldn't we afford the extra letters Greensboro?

On the side note I did witness what appeared to be a Polish woman who went up to a Jamaican child who was begging her mother for quarters for the toy machine and gave the child a coin. I smiled. I love people, and this place was full of personality.

Unfortunately the 1 hour late bus wasn't improving my impressions of public transport in America. Mom says her bus was late leaving when it left Greensboro too. No wonder no one wants to ride this crap. I kept thinking to myself, there's no way this would fly in Europe. Worse yet, they don't give you updates. There's no boards with statuses, no way of tracking a Greyhound on the Internet (believe me I've tried). I'm not sure if all terminals are this way, but in this day and age when we can track a 700mph airplane in the sky, shouldn't we be able to track a 55 mph bus? Maybe they should lose the Greyhound mascot and go for a slow Basset Hound that sniffs its own feces. How embarrassing is this? People freaked out when our train was 6 minutes late in the U.K., and here the Greyhound was late by over an hour with no updates,twice, WTF?

Should be your fate to wait :lol:
May 18th, 2010, 12:23 pm
DeannaB

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/las-vegas-lio ... d=11581921

I wonder if while my mother was doped up on Dramamine if she realized she was part of iconic travel?
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
September 8th, 2010, 8:30 am
shannon
Try My Cupcakes.

Return to Greensboro