·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Payne Road - The Truth Behind The Haunting

by tayismynamee | Published on June 24th, 2010, 4:26 pm | Greensboro
Okay, so I also live in Winston, and my brother just told me about 'Payne Road' today, because last night he went there. I'm interested in the paranormal because lately we've been having unexplainable and creepy stuff happen in my home. But anyways, I believe this 100%, because my brother came back with handprints on his windshield, that weren't there before. And when you look closely, there's clawmarks through it. So I'm doing my research on 'payne road', and wanted to say thanks for this article (:

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
June 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Sounds like an out take from the next Pirates of the Carribean

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgghh!

All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
June 29th, 2010, 9:07 am
A Person

Johnny Depp is too cute as a pirate.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
June 29th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:So is this the bridge?

we give haunted tours of the Winston-Salem area, and Payne/Edwards Rd. is on it. We have done extensive background research on the entire area and can take you to the locations and give you the actual stories of what happened. Give us a call at 336.44.Myst1
July 3rd, 2010, 10:05 am
myst3ryinc

im going to payne road tonight..and lets just say im "trembling in my pants" i really hope i come back alive but if i die please change my facebook status to........."Chillin with Jesus" that would mean the world to me. Peace love happiness and get high because i am.
July 17th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Trembling in my pants

Just keep it in your pants and you'll be fine.
July 17th, 2010, 8:17 pm
A Person

Trembling in my pants wrote:im going to payne road tonight..and lets just say im "trembling in my pants" i really hope i come back alive but if i die please change my facebook status to........."Chillin with Jesus" that would mean the world to me. Peace love happiness and get high because i am.

Only in America can you believe in Jesus and get high.... God bless America (All of North America.. because we're pompous bitches)
July 18th, 2010, 10:00 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I'm wondering if the lady who has the diary would be willing to sell it?
July 23rd, 2010, 9:28 pm
mariecooley

I asked my 95 year old grandmother about it and she told me a similar story. Her grandmother lived near there and she said she had been to the house and tobacco barn a few times. She also told me about how the killings were in the papers and how it was all the town talked about for over a year. I'm sold on this one. I understand how the locals don't want the attention or the debauchery that goes with punks coming at all hours of the night looking for a thrill, but I can't promise that I'll stay away.

"I do believe in spooks I do believe in spooks I do I do I do believe in spooks..."
July 31st, 2010, 7:36 pm
adamhnw

Umm maybe you should stick with being a medium and stay away from the underside of a car. There is no such thing as a "plastic starter". I work on cars and sell auto parts and have never seen a plastic starter or for that matter heard of one. Many cars have plastic starter solenoids but most have had them since the 50's and 60's.
August 15th, 2010, 10:08 am
JonnyReagan

there have never been any murders whatso ever on payne or edwards road...and there is no conection between there and the lawsons
August 20th, 2010, 12:03 pm
stokes paranormal

Liv wrote:I think since I now have the time, I should consider making a run up there and taking some photo evidence.... Anyone know the exact co-ordinates I'm looking for?

it is exactly 1 1/2 miles on the right on edwards road , the old drive way is in between 2 old barns and you will know if you r in the right place if you see the old foundation on the left and the old slave quarters on the right, it is said edward payne was satanic and killed his family because his daughter got pregnant by one,and he used them all in his satanic rituals and then hung himself from a tree near the old farm and the old bridge.it is also said the tree still stands and to this day the tree never grows any leaves stays bare all year no matter what season.Have fun. :twisted: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
October 30th, 2010, 5:37 pm
autumn

I don't believe any of you know what happened on Edwards Road....people are going to believe what they want, AND tell stories that are untrue to get a jolt. Lets face it folks people LOVE to get SCARED :!:
November 4th, 2010, 6:49 am
ncgirl

Return to Greensboro