·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Dental Adventures in Greensboro... In search of a Dentist

by Liv | Published on March 5th, 2009, 12:04 pm | Greensboro
Well, I'm back from the surgery... face is numb... I'm dribbling blood from the corner of my cheek... It hurt like hell... but it's done... The irony of it all was when I got home was an approval letter from Merce Medical for dental at %50 off.... oh well... atleast it's done....

I found it odd that they don't suture the sockets.... but I guess there probably isn't enough gum tissue to do so on those back teeth....

I hope you kept the teeth, they have got to be worth a c-note from the tooth fairy.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
March 5th, 2009, 12:17 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:Well, I'm back from the surgery... face is numb... I'm dribbling blood from the corner of my cheek... It hurt like hell... but it's done... The irony of it all was when I got home was an approval letter from Merce Medical for dental at %50 off.... oh well... atleast it's done....

I found it odd that they don't suture the sockets.... but I guess there probably isn't enough gum tissue to do so on those back teeth....

No need to suture. It will heal better on its own. Best of luck to you.
March 5th, 2009, 6:14 pm
Questioner

As long as I can drink a Guinness on Saint Patricks day, I'm good....
March 5th, 2009, 6:31 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:As long as I can drink a Guinness on Saint Patricks day, I'm good....

Aye! And dinna' fergit the green coloring!
March 5th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Questioner

Questioner wrote:
Liv wrote:As long as I can drink a Guinness on Saint Patricks day, I'm good....

Aye! And dinna' fergit the green coloring!

One of mine infected and I had to have some nasty stuff jammed into it.. hope you don't suffer that fate... It's like having needles stuck in you eye and knives jabbed in your skull.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
March 5th, 2009, 7:05 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Well I woke up this morning and it feels like I've been in the worst bar fight of my life... the swelling isn't too bad, but it's sore... I haven't ate in about 48 hours other then a bowl of soup... so that's really bugging me... I'm starved.... making it worse is spending the afternoon editing a freaking book about FOOD!

What's really bugging me though is the fact on Monday I get to have my super painful laser hair removal appointment.... Oh yes... I love pain... it's my friend.... I'll be stowing some vicodin away for that....

vicodin_advertisement_by_scuzzo_sma.jpg
March 6th, 2009, 8:30 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Well I woke up this morning and it feels like I've been in the worst bar fight of my life... the swelling isn't too bad, but it's sore... I haven't ate in about 48 hours other then a bowl of soup... so that's really bugging me... I'm starved.... making it worse is spending the afternoon editing a freaking book about FOOD!

What's really bugging me though is the fact on Monday I get to have my super painful laser hair removal appointment.... Oh yes... I love pain... it's my friend.... I'll be stowing some vicodin away for that....

I hope you are still on antibiotics.
Soup can be a treat, and very filling. Here is my favorite soup recipe. Soft enough for your sore mouth, and very good cool or even cold. Actually improves if refrigerated overnight, so make enough for a couple of days.

BROCCOLI-CHEESE SOUP

INGREDIENTS

• 1 medium onion diced
• 1 stick butter or margarine
• 3 cups water
• 3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
• 1 Package Chopped Broccoli
• 1 Pound Package frozen home style egg noodles or better, home-made noodles
• 1 small box (1 lb) Velveeta cheese
• 2 cups milk

DIRECTIONS

1. Saute onion in butter until tender but not brown.
2. Add water and bouillon cubes and simmer until dissolved.
3. Add broccoli and cook until tender.
4. Add cooked noodles and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add Velveeta and milk and cook until cheese is dissolved.

Note: Once cheese and milk have been added, the soup will burn on the bottom if not stirred frequently--especially if cook-top is too hot!

HOME-MADE EGG NOODLES

INGREDIENTS

• 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 pinch salt
• 2 eggs, beaten
• .5 cup fat free milk
• 1 tablespoon butter (or better, Smart Choice or olive oil)

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt.
2. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter.
3. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes.
4. Let dough rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
5. On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
6. Allow to air dry about an hour or so before cooking.
7. To cook fresh pasta, use a large pot. Add either 1 tsp salt or a couple tablespoons olive oil.
8. Bring water to full boil and add noodles one at a time. Cook until desired doneness.
March 6th, 2009, 11:00 am
Questioner

DSCF6864.JPG

Saw this today... "Batman Dental"... comedy ensued as we re-enacted how Batman might have extracted my teeth.
March 13th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Liv

Return to Greensboro