Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

How to build a glass deck railing

All things awesome.

Postby Jamy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Liv wrote:
dsmith77 wrote:What State are you in. I believe Parma (Cleve, OH.) only requires 36" above the deck with less than 4" spacing (as you mentioned). I need to confirm this so I pass inspection. Your rails look great!

He's in Oh Canada!

Yeah...you can tell he's from Canada by his colour. :wink:

Actually, I thought AP was from England for some weird reason.
Jamy

Postby Liv » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Jamy wrote:Actually, I thought AP was from England for some weird reason.

He is, but he couldn't take England's warm tropical weather, so he emigrated to the land of poutine and hockey.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:33 pm

A Person wrote:Does your 10 yr old go through windows? Or patio doors?

The glass is at least as strong as that. It's been three years and we haven't broken anything.

Oh my lord...the child is like a miniature Chevy Chase...seriously. He's knocked loose one tooth, knocked out two teeth (baby teeth, thankfully), and broken one (a permanent) in half...all on separate occasions. He falls up stairs, crashes his bike frequently, and has destroyed more things that I thought couldn't be destroyed than all of us in this house put together. No hyperbole. If it can be broken, he'll find a way to break it. I absolutely DREAD the day this child gets his driver's license. He has no appropriate sense of fear when it comes to doing insane things like jumping off the 10th step. :?

I do think this is gorgeous though. Even without Mr. Destructo around, I don't think either me or my husband would have the skill...the workmanship on that thing is just amazing. I'd love to have something like that to replace the railing around our loft.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised he hasn't launched himself over the railing yet. LOL
Jamy

Postby Liv » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Just make sure he has a good insurance plan.... whoops, he lives in America...
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Liv wrote:Just make sure he has a good insurance plan.... whoops, he lives in America...

Exactly.
Jamy

Previous

Return to Geekery