Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Yellowstone Super Volcano, when will it erupt?

All things awesome.

Postby A Person » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 pm

christian181 wrote:Sorry about the grammar

What grammar? I see no grammar, all I see is a 240 word long, run-on sentence. Puctuation is your friend, it helps make your writing intelligible. Although in this case, it's not surprising the commas and periods have gone into hiding, it's too much to expect punctuation to make sense of it.

christian181 wrote: I have learned science

Is this a Poe? Your science is worse than your English.

christian181 wrote: most science teachers do not teach evolution

Clearly not, since you have no idea what it is.

christian181 wrote:show me the facts all of them

What - all the facts - right now? In one post? After you slept through high school, you demand an education now?

Liv wrote:You got to admit, it's been awhile since we've seen an ape give birth to a human....

It's been two decades for me, somewhat less for you. Humans are Apes, as are orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees & bonobos

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae < Apes
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens < Humans

Family: Hominidae
Genus: Pongo
Species: Pongo borneo

Genus: Gorilla
Species: Troglodytes gorilla

Genus: Pan
Species: Simia troglodytes

Genus: Pan
Species: P. paniscus

But here is an ape giving birth to a human

A Person

Postby Liv » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:34 am

Holy crap that sucker had a big head....
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Do you ever watched that show "Doomsday Preppers"? They just recently featured some guy in NYC who was positive a Yellowstone super volcano was about to erupt and wanted to be prepared for it. When I watch that show, the one question they never ask that I always want to ask the people "What will you do if <insert catastrophic event> never happens? Like, will you reach 70 and decide to have a huge yard sale or what? What will happen to all that stockpiled food?"

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

I actually like that show, because even though some of them seem a little kooky, I like their inventiveness.
Jamy

Postby A Person » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 pm

The thing about stockpiled food is that you need to rotate the stock - i.e. eat the stuff on a regular basis and replenish it as dried food and cans don't last forever. I know some people who keep a year's supply and they're always eating crappy canned food as they need to eat a quarter of it each year so it gets turned over in 4 years.

It sucks. I'm just going to eat good fresh food now and visit them after the apocalypse

Either that or kill some of the deer I've been taming over the years

DSCF0139s.jpg
Food Bank ...
A Person

Postby Jamy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Ah see now that's what I was wondering. There's no way in hell some of the people on this show are ever going to be able to rotate some of their stockpiles like that. One family had several connex containers full of stockpiled food....more than all of them could eat in several years even if they gorged on it.
Jamy

Postby Liv » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah I've seen that show. Like once. Didn't thrill me much.

If I survive the apocalypse, I guess I'll figure it all out then... I'm not worried much.

Guns, Germs, and steel...

Get myself an arsenal, break into the CDC and steal all the vaccines, and gain control of natural resources....

that's my plan.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I've never been much for "reality" shows, but I like that one. I'm taking notes....I'll post photos of my bunker when I get it finished. LOL
Jamy

Postby Liv » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Several of my friends when I was a teenager lived in homes with cold war nuclear bunkers in the basement. I think I could find the house if I had to, murder the owners, and take residence.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby NatureFreak » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 pm

When Yellowstone is going to blow it will be at such force that us living in the caldera will not even know what hit us. It will be at such force, we can't even imagine.
I have just moved to Wyoming, even though knowing that I'll be living on the Yellowstone hot spot. I'm not really worried about when the super vulcano will errupt, because it will be so massive that we who live there won't even feel it. That's much better than dying slowly from the after effects such as suffocation due to ash and gas in the atmosphere.
I just don't hope it will happen before I got the chance to admire and explore Yellowstone's wonderful nature with my family. What ever happens then....well I guess it will just happen. It's a force of nature and we can't do anything about it nor escape from it. When Yellowstone errupts we will all be in the same boat....
NatureFreak

Postby person » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:15 am

If it does erupt the entire world will go into winter for a very long time. :D :shock:
person

Postby guest » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:01 pm

well i live in the uk and im wondering if i should be worderd about yellow stone :?: would anything that happens to america jappen to england (uk)

Postby Liv » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Uh, at the very best: global transportation and economies will shatter, and the world will return to the dark ages in under 100 years.

So yeah, you're fucked too.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:46 am

guest wrote:i should be worderd about yellow stone

If you mean worried, then no, don't worry. Since there's nothing you can do about it, it's pointless to worry. The time to worry is when the black cloud of dust obliterates the sun

In the UK you will survive the initial eruption and will not get buried in ash and pyroclasts. But you will be inundated with displaced Americans (and their guns) declaring that the war of independence was not constitutional and that they are still British citizens - see they have tea bags on their hats, so that proves it.

teabagger.jpg

Then after the nuclear winter kills crops globally, the barley harvest will fail and there will be no real ale so you will die after having to listen to bearded CAMRA nuts whining that they're having to drink canned beer
A Person

Previous

Return to Geekery