·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

What Do You Do When All Your Dreams Have Come True?

by Liv | Published on August 17th, 2009, 8:42 am | Life
coyoteugly.jpg
coyoteugly.jpg (14.7 KiB) Viewed 1048 times

Happy endings. They're great in the movies aren't they? When the writer ties up all the of the plot, and relationships are mended, and the story ends happily ever after. I was reminded by this concept last night while watching Coyote Ugly on CMT. (CMT the official tv channel of NC, WV, KY, SC... Yee Haw!)

I'm not lost. Somebody just moved my street.

For the uninitiated, Coyote Ugly is about a Jersey Girl trying to make a life as a singer, who momentarily finds herself working for a bar called Coyote Ugly where she basically dances and pours water over herself. Her dad comes in and says he's "Ashamed" of her, he gets into a car accident and all seems lost as 'Violet' moves out of her apartment, finds her boyfriend cheating, and decides to move back home and give up her music career. But that's not how the movie ends. By the end of it, she reconciles with her father who has an epiphany, gets a music career and everyone lives happily ever after with Lee Ann Rimes on a bar top.

Is this a church meeting or is this a bar? Make some noise!

Now what sounds like a wet dream for someone who runs a moonshine still in Alamance County, is really a good movie... (one of my favorites) but I ponder the bigger picture. While I've had my share of "happy endings", I'm wondering does the big one still exist?

This is where you respond "You make your own happy endings, Liv".

And I say... "Stop with the one liners of Sir Wisdomo".

I mean. I'm 32 and I have no clue how this life is going to end. Am I going to die homeless and lonely living under a tree at the end of this? Do I reconcile with family members and have a music career. (probably not as you don't want to hear me sing) I mean, don't get me wrong, I can take lemons and make lemonade like the rest of us but the evidence of the first 32 years of my life lead me to believe, most people die with regrets, unfulfilled dreams, and at least a couple of relationships where people remained "ashamed" of them. Epiphanies are hard to come by these days.

Okay, I've never had anyone stare at my ass for half an hour, so I'm gonna say goodnight, and I'm hoping you're gonna say it back.

Is it false hope? I guess the only consolation is that I don't know the outcome already. Sort of like the lotto. I mean, I have and idea... just like the lotto... (where I generally know I'm going to lose)... but yet it doesn't stop me from hoping, from trying, from wanting that happy ending. I don't think I'm ready to give up on my happy ending.

So Tell me what do you do when you realize all youre dreams have come true?

All my dreams? The possibility of that occurring is close enough to zero to be safely ignored. But in the wildly unlikely occurrence of such a thing, I'll be sure to blog about it.
August 17th, 2009, 8:55 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:All my dreams? The possibility of that occurring is close enough to zero to be safely ignored. But in the wildly unlikely occurrence of such a thing, I'll be sure to blog about it.

Are your epectations still that high?

I mean, I don't have to be "rich" beyond my wildest dreams... my "dreams" are firmly based in a possible reality.
August 17th, 2009, 8:58 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote: my "dreams" are firmly based in a possible reality.

You mean an executive on Dr Who waking up one morning and saying "What this program needs is Liv from North Carolina. I don't care what it costs, get her to Cardiff for filming tomorrow"
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
August 17th, 2009, 9:08 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
Liv wrote: my "dreams" are firmly based in a possible reality.

You mean an executive on Dr Who waking up one morning and saying "What this program needs is Liv from North Carolina. I don't care what it costs, get her to Cardiff for filming tomorrow"

Close... but not quite...

No, honestly... I want my kids to have health care, my family to all get along, and for our finances to be stable enough where we don't "freak" every time something breaks around here.....

I'd like to find personal success in a career, and professional recognition for it, my kids to get a good education, and have the ability to experience and accomplish many more things by the time I die.
August 17th, 2009, 9:21 am
Liv

Of course, I've always felt Doctor Who was lacking a "North Carolina.... presence"
August 17th, 2009, 9:22 am
Liv

Liv wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:All my dreams? The possibility of that occurring is close enough to zero to be safely ignored. But in the wildly unlikely occurrence of such a thing, I'll be sure to blog about it.

Are your epectations still that high?

I mean, I don't have to be "rich" beyond my wildest dreams... my "dreams" are firmly based in a possible reality.

I'm sorry -- I thought you were talking about "dreams," not "expectations." I think there's a vast difference, you know.
August 17th, 2009, 9:38 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Not that I want to suggest what others definitions are... Sorry...

It's just, my dreams have become fairly simple... Maybe I'm just broken... I don't dream big anymore...
August 17th, 2009, 9:53 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Not that I want to suggest what others definitions are... Sorry...

It's just, my dreams have become fairly simple... Maybe I'm just broken... I don't dream big anymore...

I have all sorts of dreams -- some are not physically possible (I consider them fantasies and don't hope for them at all), others are possible but so remote that I consider it ridiculous to even try to act on them. I have a small number of things I want to do and ARE within my reach in the real world. If I ever run out of those, I'll be sure to contact you.
August 17th, 2009, 9:57 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

I think Liv needs some sugar racing around in her system. Just remember PMS always distorts our dreams and reality. Let's get some Moe's and a chocoalte fudge cake in that blood stream then we'll talk about "life" on the grander scale.
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
August 17th, 2009, 11:35 am
shannon
Try My Cupcakes.

Are you calling me fat, Shannon?
August 17th, 2009, 11:40 am
Liv

Some people never find it, some only pretend

But me, I just want to live happily ever after

Every now and then

"Happily Ever After (now and then)" - Jimmy Buffett
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.

Dick Werthimer
August 17th, 2009, 1:27 pm
eddiebuckle

eddiebuckle wrote:Some people never find it, some only pretend

But me, I just want to live happily ever after

Every now and then

"Happily Ever After (now and then)" - Jimmy Buffett

:handgestures-thumbupleft: WWJBD

Willy Wonka: But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he he always wanted.
Charlie Bucket: What happened?
Willy Wonka: He lived happily ever after.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
August 22nd, 2009, 9:02 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Return to Life