Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Predicting your own death.

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:33 pm

carousel.jpg

It was a clear night as the carousel glimmered in a streak of lights and colors around and around to it's melodic tune. Like a child's music box, I held with one hand a vertical pole and swung my body outside the merry-go-round. I could feel the wind in my face, the chilly ocean air blow through my hair. Everything seemed right in the world, and then it happened. Everything slowed down, the ride came to a stop and then someone pointed to the stars. A spiral. The stars were in the shape of a spiral. At that very moment I began to search my mind for a logical explanation to it. I remember the big dipper, the little dipper, but never a spiral. It was then that the woman beside me turns to me and says "The 86 is coming." What's the 86, I asked myself, as apparently she knew something I didn't. That's when it got really creepy. I had never met this woman in my life, yet the next second proved to be the scariest thing I've ever heard: She said "The 86 is coming, it's coming for you."

Spiral_Stars.jpg

See I've always knew I was going to die at 35. It's not that I'm all that excited about it, and I certainly will attempt no behavior to make it self-manifest itself, but it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it. With today being my birthday, and only two years left to live I've got a lot I need to get done in the next few years. At this point you probably think I'm a complete nutter, right? Well if so, I'm in good company:

In 1909, Twain was quoted as saying: “I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.'”

His prediction came true. On April 21, 1910, Mark Twain died of a heart attack in Redding, Connecticut, a day after the comet's approach to Earth. He is buried in his wife's family plot at Woodlawn Cemetery in Elmira, New York.

celtic_spiral_4.jpg

So last year when a strange woman tells me "The 86 is coming", I had a strange feeling I knew what it was. Not familiar with the term I googled it. I expected to find nothing, but what I found was this:

In American English, the number 86 used as a verb, to "eighty-six," means to "get rid of". There are many theories of the origin of this usage, most pertain either to death. cite

celtic_spiral_3.jpg
celtic_spiral_3.jpg (23.8 KiB) Viewed 10553 times

Death? It was clear the belief which I half-way considered silly was coming true.

I went on to do some further research on what the spiraling stars might mean. Again, the irony was that the spiral was the Celtic symbol for "life", a person's life more specifically, and their time line.

This of course spurred my curiosity. I seriously couldn't have thought this up if I tried. The 8 (in the 86) is in reference to the symbol for infinity, and the six, once again is a spiral.

Other than that, I don't know much else. I suppose I'm leaning towards the eighth day in the six month, or 6/8/2012 being the day I die. Which is a Monday, sadly, of course. Perhaps I'll go from cancer, or a heart-attack? I'm hoping for something really cool, like spontaneous combustion, a plane wreck, or driving off a cliff. Perhaps I can stop it? That leaves me just over 2 years to stop my own death. Two years until I'm 86'd.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

You misheard her, she said the weighty chicks are coming for you.

fat-girls-in-bikinis.jpg
Weighty Chicks
fat-girls-in-bikinis.jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 10480 times

Or was it the meaty dicks?

meaty-dicks.jpg
Meaty Dicks
meaty-dicks.jpg (144.04 KiB) Viewed 10480 times
A Person

Postby ecofox » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Ok, we need to logically access the situation. Consider all possible options and settle upon the Truth while disregarding the lies.

Options,
a) Practical Joke - Perhaps for your Birthday you wished to create a create an elaborate Joke.
b) Hallucinations - Dizzy? To much Horror Movies? Drugs, drinking, bad food, lack of sleep?
i. Problem is it seems to be too elaborate to be a mere hallucination.
c) Some sort of Spiritual Being? Angels? Demons?
i. Whats the point of them being there? Is it a warning?
ii. Why speak in some sort of cryptic language whats wrong with plain English?
d) Other. (Perhaps it's an option I have not consider yet.)

I checked out the stuff you mentioned it seems to all check out.

Liv wrote: ... That's when it got really creepy. I had never met this woman in my life, yet the next second proved to be the scariest thing I've ever heard: She said "The 86 is coming, it's coming for you."

Did you see her face? What was she wearing? Why was it so scary? Was it her voice that scared you? Was she on the merry go round with you? Did her lips move when she spoke? Did she just appear and disappear? Was she a specific race?

Was anyone with you?

Liv wrote:See I've always knew I was going to die at 35. It's not that I'm all that excited about it, and I certainly will attempt no behavior to make it self-manifest itself, but it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it.

[/quote]

How did you always know? You knew you were going to die at 35 ever since you were a kid?

In 1909, Twain was quoted as saying: “I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.'”

His prediction came true. On April 21, 1910, Mark Twain died of a heart attack in Redding, Connecticut, a day after the comet's approach to Earth. He is buried in his wife's family plot at Woodlawn Cemetery in Elmira, New York.

Odd, Coincidence? or Revelation? He expected to go out with it but he said he would be really disappointed if he didn't... So he expected it but didn't know for sure. Odd fellow.

Liv wrote:I went on to do some further research on what the spiraling stars might mean. Again, the irony was that the spiral was the Celtic symbol for "life", a person's life more specifically, and their time line.

Are you Irish?

"It is thought to be the oldest Celtic symbol and is supposed to represent the 3 stages of man: Birth, Death, Eternity. "

Liv wrote:This of course spurred my curiosity. I seriously couldn't have thought this up if I tried. The 8 (in the 86) is in reference to the symbol for infinity, and the six, once again is a spiral.

Or more like one leg of the spiral.

Liv wrote:Perhaps I can stop it? That leaves me just over 2 years to stop my own death. Two years until I'm 86'd.

Well, you could be joking. Although I must say it would be in poor taste.
You could be imaging/seeing things. But this seems to be much to complex.

You could be receiving a warning for a reason.
ecofox

Postby Liv » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:43 am

ecofox wrote:Did you see her face? What was she wearing? Why was it so scary? Was it her voice that scared you? Was she on the merry go round with you? Did her lips move when she spoke? Did she just appear and disappear? Was she a specific race?

Was anyone with you?

She was of Asian decent.

It was scary because she said "It's coming for you."

Yes she was on the merry go round.

Yes of course her lips moved, how else could she talk?

No, she got off the ride.

Shannon was with me but not on the ride. She gets motion sickness.

ecofox wrote:How did you always know? You knew you were going to die at 35 ever since you were a kid?

Yes. Don't know how I know, I just do.

ecofox wrote:Are you Irish?

Irish, Welsh, German... I'm a bit of everything.

ecofox wrote:You could be receiving a warning for a reason.

Uh, yeah.... that I'm going to die.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby ecofox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:33 am

Liv wrote:No, she got off the ride.

Do you think she was just a normal Asian? Who likes to say weird stuff?

Liv wrote:Shannon was with me but not on the ride. She gets motion sickness.

Did anyone else notice her? Were you the only one that heard/saw her?

Irish, Welsh, German... I'm a bit of everything.

Well they sent you a symbol that you could understand. If anyone said that to me I would just shrug it off. Never noticing what they meant.

Liv wrote:Uh, yeah.... that I'm going to die.

So am I, I didn't get any warnings...

What do think about God?

Romans 7:24-25
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
ecofox

Postby Liv » Fri May 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Okay, I've decided that I've got to start recording how obvious this is now. This effing number keeps appearing everywhere....

In fact we've been joking about an upcoming flight, and so glad it's not flight #86.... Then I look at me ticket number:

86 ticket.jpg

Okay, and I realize I haven't been posting the other weird stuff, so we can just mark it up to coincidence that both the ticket numbers and the booking confirmation number have "86" in them.

That's when I pause for a moment and realized, yes, we're not on flight 86, but we're on flight 172. 172 divided by 2 people is.... 86....

Even Shannon's passport number has an 86 in it. (Is she going to be the one to kill me?)

I'll admit I'm trying to be rational, but it's getting a bit creepy in here.

Then I login, and notice there's a new reply on Greensboring:
86.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Sun May 22, 2011 11:47 pm

86 problems.jpg

86 problems.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Mon May 23, 2011 1:14 am

Hey - it says your 86 problem's fixed!

Surely that's good news? No more worrying about 86
A Person

Postby Liv » Mon May 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Still creeped out a bit.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Not nearly as odd is the fact an airport has a gate 86, and I took a picture but that out of 300+ photos in my music montage of the vacation, (and the only slide with 86 in it) Facebook decided to choose this frame as the thumbnail for the video.

Weird.
Attachments
86 airport.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 pm

The wonder of confirmation bias. You're still here so the 86 didn't get you. Maybe the weighty chicks did. Whatever turns you on.
A Person

Postby Liv » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:17 am

Casually scrolling through a friends facebook pictures tonight... one whom I just met just weeks ago for the first time...

dunt dunt dunnnnnn....
Attachments
30656_392683239449_8385779449_3733883_7952922_n.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Just finished watching "The Source Code" which is a brilliant movie.... FYI... and the train in the movie is train 8586.
Attachments
source-code-trailer.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:17 pm

And what is today's date? Hmmm?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:11 am

It's got an hour to git ya ...
A Person

Postby Liv » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Actually it's next year that it's supposed to get me. Next year I'm 35....
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:42 am

Of course there's been a lot of 86's lately... way more than I could post....

This is one of the latest:
http://www.edustries.com/2011/11/project-86-xv/

We hung out with Jeremie in Belgium...
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Well I'm starting to believe this might happen.

I've had some serious issues in the area of the appendix this year. Abdomen on the lower right side is extremely protruded.

Went to see a doctor last week, and they ran blood tests and x-rays, but nothing yet.

Then this morning, my left kidney is the size of a softball and pushing out of the other side of my chest.

Freaking out a bit.... and I don't freak out very much.

Starting to wonder if I'm going to just drop over at some point.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Appendicitis is rarely fatal. I won't attempt to diagnose you, but appendicitis is a straightforward diagnosis and if that's what it was you would probably know by now.

There are lots of things that can cause abdominal swelling, you just have to let them run through their tests
A Person

Postby Liv » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've had a hard time breathing this last year, from fluid... but the upper chest x-rays came back clean as did the urinalysis.

My best guess is I have a weeping appendix causing kidney's to deal with the sepsis. Of course going into the doctor with a self-diagnosis, tends to get me the "hypochondriac" diagnosis.

I'm hoping for some news soon. If they come back with "nothing", I don't know what I'll do.

Not to mention I'm freaked out about what this is going to cost. At least I have insurance through school now, but it's only a 80/20 plan, and I've never worked with this company before. It's quite frightening IMO.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:57 am

The Heart Attack Grill (Taste worth dying for) has claimed its first Heart Attack Victim

it was the first actual known cardiac incident at the Heart Attack Grill. "He was having the sweats and shaking," "Nurse" Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant at the time of the incident, told Fox5. (Employees at the restaurant are given fake medical titles, including the establishment's owner, "Doctor" Jon Basso.)

"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," Bosso told Fox5. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."

HAGs.jpg
Nurse Bridgett would never pull a stunt like that

Apparently the girls in short skirts and heels aren't real nurses and are just there to give obese men fantasies that any woman might find them attractive.

Oh well, no one could say they they didn't warn him
A Person

Postby Liv » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:43 pm

This story makes me hungry for Five Guys.

Truth in advertising... it's a rare thing these days.

I suppose the proper thing is to denounce high caloric American food as bad, as I have in the past, but I find it ironic, I'm suffering from some affliction Doctor's can't diagnose, and I've given up all my vices, and exercise more than I ever have in my life, these last few years.

Irony.

Sucks.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 pm

I saw that on FB. That really sucks. They don't have a clue what it might be?
Jamy

Postby Liv » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm under the impression the entire country is conspiring against me.

I've had blood tests, x-rays, breathing tests, and all of them come back clean.

Yet I have a distended lower right hand quadrant, and pains... and the worse part is I can't breath.

Nothing like showing up for class panting like a fat mule from riding your bike across campus.

Then again, I am supposed to die this year... so you know... what the hell...

I'm trying just to let the doctors do their job, but I'm not fond of the DDXing process so far. Especially since I can't see the x-rays, or tests, and every time I ask a question, I get stonewalled. Somehow the idea that it's not been almost a month and they still have no clue, bothers me a bit. Where's House?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 am

Are you only hitting the emergency room? Or are you going to an actual doctor's office?

The emergency room people, I've found, seem to have a "patch 'em up and ship 'em out" kind of mentality and every time you go they treat you like it's the first time you've been seen for that problem. It's a huge waste of time and money. I had the most horrific UTIs for two years...it just went on and on, one right after the next and I wasted so much money in the ER until I finally smartened up and went to see an actual urologist. They diagnosed a constricted urethra, corrected it and voila! Problem solved. No more UTIs.

Of course, what I lack in aggressiveness with religious people, I more than make up for with doctors. Just let one try to stonewall me....I'm paying them my money, they'd better talk to me and answer me when I ask a question. :evil:

Sorry to rant...I hope they figure out what's going on.
Jamy

Next

Return to Geekery