Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Medical update from SFI

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm

UNCG has insurance for $450 a semester.... which seems pretty decent to me. It's mandatory for students to be covered. Yes UNCG has Obamacare.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 am

Saw this today: Tommy Chong has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. His decision on treatment is... ingesting hemp oil.

Riiight. Any reasonable examination of the facts in his life will indicate that this will not work. He seems to think that because he stopped smoking pot 8 year ago and started experiencing symptoms due to prostate problems at the same time that stopping the smoking had prevented his cancer up to that point. What a silly notion.

It's a slow-growth version of the disease, Tommy. It HAD to have been developing in there for years before any symptoms started. Treating it with THC will have no effect, as it obviously didn't have any effect before you experienced problems with you urination.

I just do not get it. This is very similar to the way Steve Jobs initially tried to treat his cancer with herbs. What is it about rich west coast people and doctors??
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

It's pretty bad here too. Almost every suggestion the doctor has had towards my plight has been practically homeopathic.

At this point I could go for some weed.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Previous

Return to Geekery