Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Thought of the day: fasting

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm hungry.

I have to fast today for blood work, and everything smells so damn good. I haven't eaten since 7PM last night, which isn't an odd accomplishment since I commonly don't eat breakfast or lunch, but the fact that I know I must fast is driving me mad.

I really don't know how people do hunger strikes. Seriously, I'd love to... but frankly, I don't think it's possible.

God I sound like a fat-ass.

Hopefully these blood tests will confirm what's wrong with me.

If the human condition is "flawed", "broken" etc. Then I must be the humanist human to ever be.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:41 pm

My cat looks tasty.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

I used not to have breakfast and often skipped lunch, but then my mother came to live with me. Since then I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and I've lost about 25lbs - my mother's lost about 10. Just through portion control and exercising more. We try to avoid cooking more than we need and stopped going back for seconds. (except over Cristmas.) We've tried to make up for the lower quantity of food by eating higher quality food. A calorie is a calorie, whether it comes from stale nachos or ripe brie.

Fasting is an awful way of losing weight. It's horrible to do (fasting reduces blood glucose which is what your brain craves and needs), and when you stop, the fat bounces back

Eat regular but smaller meals and exercise more.

Your cat is (likely) very lean. But how it tastes will depend on it's diet. If it's an outdorr cat, cook it long and slow to kill any parasites and tenderise it. Curried would be best.

A Person

Postby Liv » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

I was fasting because of blood tests.

I'm much better now. Went to dinner, and enjoyed it very nicely.

Tomorrow, I've got X-rays... god forbid what they'll show.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to Geekery