Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

You don't get to complain about gas prices if...

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Oh my gosh, the comments are priceless on this thread. Several being so-o American:

Gas was $1.61 a gallon when George W. Bush left office and the media was castigating Bush/Cheney....

This is Obama's tax on the everybody especially the middle class and the poor.....enjoy....

If we stop listening to the Democrats 30 years ago, we would not have any issues with Oil today...

Just OBO ZO'S attitude towards gas prices makes me not want to vote for the slug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal favorite:
I love me some hope and change.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 pm

You don't get to complain if you're this guy:

Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Organ donor
A Person

Postby Liv » Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm

img_catsmob_dot_com_20120425_00760_037.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:41 pm

FOX news & Moonbattery seem very quiet about Obama's rigid control of gas prices recently. It seems he's only responsible for driving the price up - not down...

What the Republicans said three months ago when gas prices rose above $4/gallon:

Mitt Romney, March 18, 2012: “He gets full credit or blame for what’s happened in this economy, and what’s happened to gasoline prices under his watch, and what’s happened to our schools, and what’s happened to our military forces. All these things are his responsibility while he’s president.”

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), April 6, 2012: “The president holds the key to addressing the pain Ohioans are feeling at the gas pump and moving our nation away from its reliance on foreign energy. My question for the president is: what are you waiting for?”

Boehner, April 6, 2012: “The president’s own policies to date have made matters worse and driven up gas prices.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Feb. 28 2012: “This President will go to any length to drive up gas prices and pave the way for his ideological agenda.”

Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY), March 13, 2012: Obama is “fully responsible for what the American public is paying for gasoline.”

NAT_grph.jpg
NAT_grph.jpg (41.4 KiB) Viewed 611 times

CurrentGasPrice.gif
CurrentGasPrice.gif (7.15 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Source: AAA
A Person

Postby Liv » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:02 pm

We're down to about $3.20 here. I still ordered a sub-compact for Dallas for next week because of gas. I wish we could track SUV sales against gas prices, I'd be curious if the trends match.

I'm glad I'll be saving a ton on this trip because of the decline. Thank GOD! (and baby Jesus too.)
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Liv wrote: I wish we could track SUV sales against gas prices, I'd be curious if the trends match.

Your wish is my command ...

SUV-Gas-Chart3_rd2-03.jpg

2011 New Car Sales vs. Gas Prices Month-By-Month

Small car sales trends followed gas price trends through much of 2011. In April and May, light truck and SUV sales decreased as gas prices increased, but they recovered by summer as gas prices leveled off and spiked late in the year when gas prices fell to their lowest since February.
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

I paid $3.16 per gallon today. Gas prices have dropped significantly over the past couple of months. Does anyone bother to notice it and thank Obama? Of course not, cause the only thing he's EVER responsible for is BAD news.
:snooty:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Oh excellent!

I know I've been following the number of Geo Metros for sale lately. I can't afford one, but I'd love to buy a convertible so I window shop. When gas prices lowered, it seemed there were a lot more of them for sale, many of which indicated the need for something bigger.

What I can't understand is how people have such a short-term memory for these things. Me, I'm thinking... it's just a matter of time till it goes back up. Everyone else appears to be thinking "soon it'll return to the glory days."
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:12 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: Does anyone bother to notice it and thank Obama?

Now they recognise that it has nothing to do with him, just as it had nothing to do with W when gas went up then.
A Person

Postby Liv » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 pm

But it must have some effect, would you not think?

Even if it's investor's fears that Obama might create legislation to thwart prices- thus having an effect?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:41 am

No there is virtually nothing a president can do, other than release strategic reserves that has any effect in the short term - & vry little he can do for long term prices either. Except encourage less consumption but China & India will take up any demand
A Person

Postby Quincy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 am

Some of the American public believes whomever is currently president has some control of gas prices. Candidates seeking office do too, according to the Washington Post; now-President Obama blamed then-President Bush for high gas prices while on the campaign trail. Obama is getting blamed now.

You may read further: There is nothing anyone can do about high gas prices

I guess there is nothing much that Obama can do to lower the high cost of gas. High gasoline costs are a problem, but the unfortunate truth is that they aren't likely to abate and there is next to nothing that can be done. Vote for whomever you like; it matters not to the petroleum commodities market, which has almost everything to do with how the prices are set. Let's just hope that our president will make sure that we won't lose jobs because of the high price of oil.
Quincy

Previous

Return to Geekery