Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

My Mobile Greenhouse | The Hatchback Garden

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Mon May 21, 2012 8:25 pm

2012-05-21.jpg

So my little Geo Metro is the car that just keeps giving. In addition to 45 MPG, seating 4, and A/C, it also has a lovely hatchback with which I had surmised, would make, the perfect greenhouse. My last "extreme" gardening was growing watermelons in the cube (cubical) at work a few years back. They did wonderful, until transferred to natural light and then died like the Wicked Witch in a water-fall.

2012-05-21 (1).jpg

So with some hesitation, but hope, I purchased some flowers from my local florist and came home with the plan to make a hatchback-garden. I took a bucket, scooped up some rocks from the driveway, filled the bucket with soil, and planted the flowers. Almost immediately the flowers bloomed! A couple weeks later, they're growing insanely fast! I planted some of their sister plants in the yard, and they've barely grown. Which I can't really explain. (Must be Metro magic!)

2012-05-21 (2).jpg

I might have to try some veggies after my success with this. If I get hungry, I'll just reach back and grab a 'mater. Though my mobile greenhouse of flowers ensures I never have to buy an air-freshener again. This is truly a green car!
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby shannon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Makes me think of Pauley Shore and Bio-dome. It's totally tubular!
shannon
Fire up the Quattro

Postby Liv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 pm

I want this to flip out as I open the hatch, too cool!

white-trash-repairs-hooked-on-ponics.gif
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to Geekery