Originals WTF-USA? La Culture Geekery The Boro Blog

The Old Version of Facebook for Android.

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Facebook-apps-for-iPhone.jpg

I do like Facebook, but their latest install on my Android phone was over 14 megs which caused the OS to begin screaming all the time "short on space". 14 MB for a messaging program? Really? I need the app to chat, and to upload photos and videos- that's it. I realize my next phone will likely have tons of space, but this phone has limited amount of on phone storage, and I'm unable to move Facebook to my massive SD card.

To top it all off, about a year ago, starting with one particular update, Facebook became very difficult to load, and often stopped functioning.

It's all a nuisance until your phone goes into melt-down on your road trip, and you decided enough is enough and uninstall the Facebook app. The problem is of course, not being able to upload my photos to friends and family. So I embarked on finding the old apk. The one that did exactly everything I needed without requiring the processing power of a super-computer. I had a bit of trouble finding it, but when I did, I downloaded it to my phone and it installed perfectly.

So for my own sake, and those who need an older version of Facebook, I will delightfully store it here for future needs.

Facebook_1.5.4.apk
This is an older version of Facebook: Version 1.5.4
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 27240 times
Liv
Lost in Hell and Digging My Way Out.

Return to Geekery