Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Amazon Sellers who are a-holes.

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:44 pm

yellow deals.jpg

So I've had lots of luck with Amazon in the past. Especially when dealing with Amazon itself. Recently I tried to order a cellular phone from a company called Yellow Deals who is a vendor on Amazon after bricking my old one. What ensued was 15 days of hell.

To make matters worse, I'm leaving on Sunday. I must have my phone by Sunday. I of course, ordered it on August 5th after realizing my mistake of damaging my phone, and realizing I must have one. The days go by, and nothing shows shipped, so I send Yellow Deals a email:

On August 8th, three days after placing the order I kindly asked:

Hiya, Is it possible to get a tracking number for this order?

Thanks a bunch.

and got back:

Hi Liv,
Thank you for contacting us. I am very sorry that your order has not been shipped yet. There was a processing error with your order that we had to fix. Your order is expected to ship within 24 hours. We will expedite the shipping for you free of charge, so that the order will still arrive on time. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Okay, all sounded good... I figured, no problem. People make mistakes- live and let live, right?

Thank you Jessica, so I should expect it by the 14th? Would you have that tracking number handy?

Thanks

It was about then, I noticed a bad feedback on Amazon's marketplace to Yellow Deals about the exact phone I had ordered. The customer purchased it, it didn't work and they returned it for a refund because Yellow didn't have anymore in stock. The date? Aug 4th. How is this possible I wondered? Are they trying to sell me a broken phone?

Liv,

Thank you for following up with us. At the moment tracking is not available. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Thanks,
Rae

Who the eff is Rae? I was speaking to Jessica?

Rae,
When should I expect the item to arrive?

Now I'm getting a bit upset. Not only upset, but tired of games, and I know I'm leaving in a few days. I'm still hoping that they ship it though. After-all, it's going to be a pain to overnight a cell phone from another provider. I figure I'll give this Amazon seller the benefit of the doubt:

Hi Liv,
We are working to fix the error now and hoping to have your order shipped today. It will be shipped via 1 day shipping, so it should arrive tomorrow. If we cannot get the error fixed it will arrive Wednesday and we will issue a $5.00 partial refund for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Days go by, and nothing. Every promise broken, ship dates passed.

Talk about two-faced? Apparently Jessica and Rae swap responding to emails with absolutely no intention of actually living up to the truth. Let me point out that they could have just sent me a model-up from the one I ordered, cancelled the order originally, or just been honest. What they did is spent two weeks mucking around with me, while I'm in one of the most seriously stressed weeks of my life. Because of that, Yellow deals gets the honorable distinction of this review on my blog.

The good news is, I cancelled the order as of this morning, ordered one overnight directly through Amazon, and it should be here tomorrow. While Jessica at least had email manners, I hope Rae and his non-trackable imaginary cell phones loses his child in the store the next time he grocery shops, and customer service tells him exactly what he told me: "At the moment we don't know where they are."
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

My sister in law orders from Amazon a lot, but I don't care much for them because they won't take Paypal.
Jamy

Postby Liv » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Amazon is fine, this was a vendor. Though I didn't like that Amazon wouldn't give me a student account when I was at GTCC because of their email domain, but I have one now through UNCG.

This phone I ordered straight from Amazon's warehouse, and had it overnighted. It should be here this afternoon. Thankfully. The idea of moving to a foreign country with no phone is a scary proposition. Especially since they don't have my housing worked out yet. Apparently the lady, I'm staying with the first few weeks has disappeared.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to Geekery