Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

The Ancient Astronaut Theory

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:31 pm

I've touched on the Ancient Astronaut theory on several occasions, but frankly I've never dived into it on a separate subject alone. Maybe it's the idea that most people consider it rubbish, or the fact that most people who have taken the idea seriously are hardly scientifically credentialed, but is the idea so far fetched, that it couldn't be true?

If your not familiar with what the Ancient Astronaut Theory is, then let me explain. Basically it involves, all of us dumb cavemen running around the earth living in caves, and beating animals over the head with large wooden clubs. Then one day, something happens. Despite mankind living on earth for 6 million years; suddenly, a few thousand years ago we understood mathematics, language, engineering, and religion was formed. Suddenly, we could build pyramids, and great monuments, all built within millimeters of absolute north. Our understanding of religion helped explain the unknown powers of Gods, who actually were aliens who had came and by some means provided mankind with these new understandings.

Sound strange? Maybe. But with the mathematical likeliness that almost certainly suggest many other planets with intelligent life, is it so unthinkable that we may have been helped by visitors from a more advanced race?

I'm not saying I believe, but you've got to wonder when you consider the druid's Stonehenge, and the great pyramids. Sure I've watched the discovery channel and seen it proven that man can do it, but I've also read that for the pyramids to be built in the 20 years it took, it would take laying one of those huge blocks several times a second, non-stop for 20 years. Seems unlikely.

My biggest piece of evidence in believing the Ancient Astronaut Theory is the time gap. The length of time man has been on earth, but yet suddenly a few thousand years ago we had technology to build batteries, and mechanical devices like the Antikythera mechanism. Furthermore ancient humans had an understanding of certain planets, we wouldn't be able to technologically see until the 1800s.

It's not as if I am trying to make myself believe, contrarily, I'm trying to refute or explain some obvious questions, like ancient hieroglyphs from Egypt.

9303ancient_egyptian_hieroglyphs.jpg

Sure, you could write this off as coincidence or hoax, but if it's true, these are shockingly questionable signs that technology existed in the past involving flying apparatuses.

It's not exactly one thing that sparks my interest in the Ancient astronaut theory, it's a culmination of various things. Take for instance Peru's Nazca lines, which appears to be a runway of some sort. Of course no one knew it was there until we began flying, and could see it from above.

1820nascawedge.gif
1820nascawedge.gif (32.58 KiB) Viewed 5213 times

Then there is the art, and artifacts that range from ancient to modern, all depicting oddly similar themes with odd objects in the sky. The most famous is the painting of the Madonna and Saint Giovannino, although as this suggests, many others purport the exact same image.

Conspiracy, a big joke, or a serious explanation for the unexplainable? Sure some of you will laugh at the idea of aliens visiting the earth and planting the seeds of mankind, but it might just be less laughable than many religious explanations out there today. But if you really want a good conspiracy to get behind, that is absolutely laughable, I compel you to Google Saddam's stargate". Yes that's right, we are at war with Iraq, not because of oil, or terror, but because Saddam unearthed the Chappa eye. In comparison to that, the ancient astronaut theory, seems not only plausible, but likely.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Clouds of Dust on Martian Dunes look like Trees

MarsDunes.jpg

There is a vast region of sand dunes at high northern latitudes on Mars. In the winter, a layer of carbon dioxide ice covers the dunes, and in the spring as the sun warms the ice it evaporates. This is a very active process, and sand dislodged from the crests of the dunes cascades down, forming dark streaks.

The 'trees' are actually upside down and are the dark dust streaks on the dunes
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:46 pm

The clarity of the image is wonderful! You gotta hand it to those military spy satellite developers from the cold war -- they got their optics done good!
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Sanjuro » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:The clarity of the image is wonderful! You gotta hand it to those military spy satellite developers from the cold war -- they got their optics done good!

You should see the original.

They look like trees from these smaller pics, but up close its obvious they are trail offs of dirt. VERY impressive.
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Postby A Person » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

The perspective also has a lot to do with it. If you rotate the picture 180 they stop looking like trees and the shape of the dunes is more obvious.
A Person

Postby Liv » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

A quick zoom, wait, isn't that the toe-nail creature?

lamisil_creature.jpg
lamisil_creature.jpg (16.24 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Knightrider » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 am

well ther actually may be trees on Mars and NASA is being quiet about it. Here is another photo. Looks different from what you posted but NASA says this is frost. I Don't know about you but I see branching similar to earth trees and there appears to be shadows cast on the ground.

more strange things on Mars that NASA doesnt want you to know about.

While we are on the topic of wierd things, apparently there are "ancient structures" on the back side of the moon

Knightrider

Postby A Person » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:11 am

NASA must be pretty dumb, All these things 'they don't want you to know about' that get posted on their website.

Given that the discovery of life on Mars (even if it were 'just' trees) would give everyone in NASA wetdreams and guarantee funding for whatever project they could dream up, I'm wondering why they would try to 'hide' these findings anyway.

That photo looks different because it is of something different.
A Person

Postby Knightrider » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm

A Person wrote:NASA must be pretty dumb, All these things 'they don't want you to know about' that get posted on their website.

Given that the discovery of life on Mars (even if it were 'just' trees) would give everyone in NASA wetdreams and guarantee funding for whatever project they could dream up, I'm wondering why they would try to 'hide' these findings anyway.

maybe they already know whats up there. While there doesnt seem to be any proof of ET available to the public, there is enough evidence in my mind to lead me to believe something is going on. There are just too many credible people ranging from astronauts, former NASA personell, Pilots, generals, ect that are saying we are being visited. A number of credible sources have stated that there are "ancient artificial" structures on the back side of the moon not visible from earth. If thats true, who built them? was it ET? Or did some time in the remote past long before recorded history, man manage to get to the moon? It would make us answer question we really don't want to know. Certainly it would have a profound affect on religion , which BTW I think is the biggest reason for cover-ups that may be related to the UFO phemonenia or lost civilizations. Homo Sapiens have been around for at least 200,000 years. Some scientists are now saying millions of years. Our earliest know civilizations rose about 8,000 years ago so whos to say what man has achieved in the past. A man name Ben Rich who was the former vice-president of Lockheed and was considered "the father of stealth" made some startling comments just months before he died of cancer. He said that not only are UFOs/extraterrestrial are real, but we've been backengineering thier technology over the years. He said we have things out in the desert that are 50 to 100 years beyond what any of us can imagine. Thats not so hard to believe because stealth technology was founded in the 1960s and wasnt publically revealed until 1990. Furthermore Stealth is still the most advance aircraft publicly known today so what has the government been doing all these years? As recently as 2003 Boeing announced that is was working on experimental anti-gravity propulsion. Ths same kind a propulsion system that so called UFOs operate on. He also said that we have the technology to travel among the stars but it would take an act of God to get the technology out to benefit humanity. He goes on to say these technologies are locked up in black budget projects. Lastly he said "if you've seen it on Star Trek or Star Wars we've already done it". Ben Rich wasnt a crazy nut. he was vice-president of Lockheed, which does a lot of contract work for the U.S. government and he was the father of stealth technology. There are many more credible people like Ben Rich who have said UFOs are real. I still don't believe the government's explaination on Roswell which is a bunch of bull.
Knightrider

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Knightrider wrote:
A Person wrote:NASA must be pretty dumb, All these things 'they don't want you to know about' that get posted on their website.

maybe they already know whats up there.

The question that seems to be ignored by conspiracy theorists is "Why"? As AP pointed out, NASA has been starved for funding for decades. They weren't even able to get the R&D funding to put together a replacement vehicle for the Shuttles before their original expiration date, back in the 90s. If Mars was indeed home to plants, then it would appear far more hospitable than the data we have so far would indicate, and NASA would gain nothing by hiding this fact. Instead, it would lose out on the greatest push for manned flights and development of new technologies they have ever seen.

Why would they pass that up?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Why would they pass that up?

I'll take that one. Simple: the end of the world.

Imagine a world where religion immediately became null. Mass feelings of isolation, depression, leading to hysteria. People's concepts of their "world" would be turned inside out. Buttons pressed, rockets fired. Who cares, right?

I also think it's a need to know basis thing. I doubt more than a few people know, and when they do, just like the military, they only know their piece. Some people see the coincidences, make the connections, but only a few people probably have the entire picture.

That, said, I'm not saying there is trees on Mars... but I do believe there's more going on than we really are told.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
Knightrider wrote:

maybe they already know whats up there.

The question that seems to be ignored by conspiracy theorists is "Why"? As AP pointed out, NASA has been starved for funding for decades. They weren't even able to get the R&D funding to put together a replacement vehicle for the Shuttles before their original expiration date, back in the 90s. If Mars was indeed home to plants, then it would appear far more hospitable than the data we have so far would indicate, and NASA would gain nothing by hiding this fact. Instead, it would lose out on the greatest push for manned flights and development of new technologies they have ever seen.

Why would they pass that up?

Because all of the key positions (including president) have been taken over by aliens disquised as humans. This explains a lot about the last election. :shock:

We're in a battle with little green men from mars!
:violence-swords:
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:21 pm

I love how the same governments and military that cannot keep secret the things it really, really wants to, is so remarkable efficient at keeping secret these things - for what reason? And they also manage for the Russians,British, Chinese, French, Japanese etc to also keep it secret - through changes in governments, revolutions and wars.

I find it difficult to believe that if there were 'visitors' that have been coming for millennia we would not now be hearing how Obama is enslaving us to alien communists to appease the green vote.

Knightrider wrote:A man name Ben Rich who was the former vice-president of Lockheed and was considered "the father of stealth" made some startling comments just months before he died of cancer. He said that not only are UFOs/extraterrestrial are real, but we've been backengineering thier technology over the years. He said we have things out in the desert that are 50 to 100 years beyond what any of us can imagine

I would like to see a source for that. (other than http://www.ufocenter.com) The quote that is repeated verbatim around the web is

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

which is not the same thing as saying we've been reverse engineering extra terrestrial technology. Rather it sounds that he's saying (assuming he did say it) that the military has secret technology that could be used to benefit humanity if it were released. Which is somewhat less surprising.

But how does this relate to 'trees on Mars'? Surely if they want to keep Martian tree technology secret - not to mention the incredible stealth face technology - their efficient conspiracy machine would prevent them from publishing the photos?
A Person

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm

If any of you people had ever played Command & Conquer you'd realize that those aren't trees. It's tiberium.
BecauseHeLives

Postby Liv » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 pm

The Genesis document is apart of a larger document that illustrates genetic creation of mankind.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice sweater

Nazca lines are runways? Only if the craft can land on a surface indistinguishable from the surrounding ground - which prompts the question why would the lines be needed? And what about the other lines?

nascamap.png

Maybe they're outlines of spaceship crashes? And adverts - "Buy your ducks here"
A Person

Postby Liv » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 pm

eg4-tharsis.jpg
Cairo is Arabic for Mars?
eg4-tharsis.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 5062 times

So we're in Wal-Mart when we run into an old friend. A retired Catholic science teacher from up north with a PhD. I only display his resume to preface, he is not an unintelligent man. So we're standing there telling him we went to Cairo, when he goes; you know, Cairo means Mars in Arabic. The funny thing is I heard that before. In fact, if I recall, I head it while we were in Cairo from a Egyptian. While it might make all the sense in the world, there doesn't see to be any evidence to support it. Except a few crackpot websites such as this:

And just to drive the point home, “Cairo” means Mars in a local, ancient language of Egypt. cite

Yet still I wonder about it all. Is it possible Giza is an alien settlement... sure. However, it doesn't appear Cairo means Mars- though I'd love to know who came up with the scam. Perhaps it came from the modern naming of the valleys on the planet. One is named Al-Qahira Vallis, or Cairo Valley. Though I suspect this was done by some scientist, not some Alien. Conspiracy busted? For now at least.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Cairo is Al Qahirah - "The Vanquisher" or "The Conqueror"

Mars is Al-Merrikh in modern Arabic

However I did find this which seems to sugest a link with the ancient name for Mars

Al-Qāhirah is the official name of the city though in local speech it is typically called simply by the name of the country, Misr pronounced Masr in the local dialect. The name Al-Qahirah literally means "The Subduer," though it's often translated as "The Victorious." The origin of the name is said to come from the appearance of the planet Mars during the foundation of the city. The planet Mars, associated with destruction was called "Al Najm Al Qahir" in Arabic, from which the name of the city was derived. However the legacy of the name evolved into the title "Qahirat Al Adaa" meaning "subduer of the enemies". This title was given to the city as many armies were destroyed in attempts to invade Cairo or defeated elsewhere by troops sent from Cairo.
More ...
A Person

Postby Liv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Excellent video here if you got 15 minutes on the extraterrestrial origins of humans.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to Geekery