·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Man Gets 10 Years in License [wife] Shooting

by A Person | Published on June 28th, 2007, 11:59 am | Life
I saw this headline on AP
[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_LICENSE_SHOOTING?SITE=NCGRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT]
Man Gets 10 Years in License Shooting [/url]

That sounded a little extreme to me - so I clicked and discovered:
AP wrote:REDDING, Calif. (AP) -- A 49-year-old truck driver has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for shooting his wife after she failed to renew his driver's license.

What kind of insensitive reporting calls 'wife shooting' 'license shooting'? But maybe wife shooting just doesn't grab attention the same way.

A Person wrote:What kind of insensitive reporting calls 'wife shooting' 'license shooting'? But maybe wife shooting just doesn't grab attention the same way.

I was puzzled by the wording as well. I thought: "Why would anyone want to shoot a license? And why would shooting it get someone in trouble?"

Obviously, some editor was trying to be cute with the headline and failed completely. Poor dope.
June 28th, 2007, 12:08 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Love them AP people... betcha you get'em drunk and they start spouting the 4 w's & how~
June 28th, 2007, 12:22 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Life