·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

I'm going to kill my neighbor

by Liv | Published on May 3rd, 2008, 2:32 am | Life
It's 3am. I've got to work tommoro, and the local death-metal band next door has awakened me. The drums are so loud the cat is bouncing to the vibrations.

I'm googling what the freck to do.... It's been going on for 3 months now.

I'm either going to call the police or buy air-horns....

I'm freakin mad.

Liv wrote:It's 3am. I've got to work tommoro, and the local death-metal band next door has awakened me. The drums are so loud the cat is bouncing to the vibrations.
I'm googling what the (expletive) to do.... It's been going on for 3 months now.
I'm either going to call the police or buy air-horns....
I'm freakin mad.

3 months !? Call the cops, babe. I'm amazed somebody else hasn't already done it. If the place is a rental, call their landlord first. If that doesn't work, call the cops.

I think the noise ordinance in H-P says no loud stupidity past 11 p.m. Not sure about G'bro, but it's probably similar.
There's no reason to put up with that kind of rudeness.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. -- Albert Camus

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
-- John Steinbeck
May 3rd, 2008, 5:57 am
The Rain King

I've got the number programmed into my cell phone. About the moment I did that, they quit. It sat by my bed last night.....

No we're in a house, and the neighbor is nice, but it's his son. We've mentioned before about it, as have other neighbors but when daddy goes out with his girlfriends, the son decides to pump, pump, pump it up.

I'm ok with casual loudness, and up to midnight I'm cool. But last night we had the windows closed and the a/c on and it woke me up... (at 3am) ... and I'm losing my patience.
May 3rd, 2008, 8:48 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

If you are going to kill your neighbours, most experts consider it a bad idea to publicly announce your intentions
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
May 3rd, 2008, 8:29 pm
A Person

Yeah, but I'm that positive I can get away with it...

I saw it on the news, rent diving suit, and o2 tank... wait for victim to be walking by lake, pull victim in lake and hold down until guy he dies...

That was much better in my opinion then the wood-chipper idea that previously filled my head....
May 3rd, 2008, 8:34 pm
Liv

Doesn't make sense to allow that sort of crap to carry on past 11:00, Liv. Next time they're making a racket at 11:01, call the cops. Then you'll be fast asleep at 3:00, instead of wondering why you didn't put a stop to it FOUR HOURS EARLIER!
May 3rd, 2008, 9:15 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility so I would suggest confronting it on your own. Walk over, ring the bell, say.. "Hey, can we keep the noise down after a certain time?" Should be that simple.

If that doesn't work, then escalate.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
May 3rd, 2008, 9:32 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Liv wrote:I've got the number programmed into my cell phone. About the moment I did that, they quit. It sat by my bed last night.....

No we're in a house, and the neighbor is nice, but it's his son. We've mentioned before about it, as have other neighbors but when daddy goes out with his girlfriends, the son decides to pump, pump, pump it up.

You should tell Daddy, then. Next time, a call WILL go out to the police at 11:01. If he can't get his metal-head son to consider the neighbors' lives in the middle of the night, screw the whole family. A talk with an officer at 11:15 might get the message across better than Daddy-kins ever could.
May 3rd, 2008, 9:40 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

I'm just trying to think back to being a kid, I had my share of parties and went to them as well. Mine never had the cops called, but besides the point.... I'm really feeling old complaining. I mean, when my parents went out of town, sure we'd have everyone over and turn up the music, but by 11 or 12 we turned it down to inside levels only. I guess "I knew" that our neighbors would call the cops, but also it was out of courtesy. I generally knew and talked to our neighbors.

These kids (today) (oh lord)... are about 22 and can't find a job, has determined they're going to live with daddy forever, and are often doing what boys do. They're typical backwoods hoodlums who drag-race up the streets, do burn-out competitions and drive through our lawn using our driveway as a round-about.

I'm okay with all that. I used to street race... I was a kid. I hung out with misfits, and understand the mentality to a degree.

I kept hoping the kid would move out of his parents home but.... err... it don't look like that's happening anytime soon and I really didn't want to call the cops because as mentioned in a previous post by someone else, it's quite possible they'll pull up and catch the kids smoking pot. Which the devil side of me says good riddance, but I really don't want the kid to get into legal trouble over it.
May 4th, 2008, 9:52 am
Liv

Liv wrote:I'm just trying to think back to being a kid, I had my share of parties and went to them as well. Mine never had the cops called, but besides the point.... I'm really feeling old complaining.

Well, you have two options left, since you have determined that talking to these cretins won't work. Call the cops or sit up to 3:00 or so, taking it.

Just don't expect much more sympathy from us if you choose option #2.

And if you choose option #3 (murder), I'll be sure to watch the trial coverage with rapt attention. Just don't bring up my name, m'kay? :twisted:
May 4th, 2008, 4:33 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Can you feel the love?
May 4th, 2008, 4:39 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:Can you feel the love?

I once complained to my Mom about a problem I was having with getting to my 3rd shift job on time. She told me to grow up and figure it out for myself. I never doubted that she loved me, but it sort of hurt for her to treat me, as a 22-year-old man, like a spoiled brat.

After I got over being mad at her, I had to admit she was right. I grew up a little bit and solved my problem.
May 4th, 2008, 5:30 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Well, you have two options left, since you have determined that talking to these cretins won't work. Call the cops or sit up to 3:00 or so, taking it.:

Amen. I do my best to get along with my neighbors, but there's a limit. Death-metal at 3 a.m. when I have to be at work that day definitely exceeds it. If "Dad" can't make his kid behave and learn some manners, maybe a fine or two will teach both Dad and Jr. some respect for others.
May 5th, 2008, 6:20 am
The Rain King

If I solved all my problems "off the air" so to speak, I wouldn't have much content for a blog... Would I?

Now I expected people to start drawing up plans for a retaliation Christmas lighting display akin to National Lampoon's Clark family's. Aim it all at their house.

Or someone to post a local mariachi band that would be willing to show up at 6:30am about the time he falls asleep and begin playing..

Gosh, the creativity lacks here.
May 5th, 2008, 9:30 am
Liv

I don't know about The Rain King, but personally speaking, I generally try to aim for being child-like, instead of childish. :mrgreen:
May 5th, 2008, 9:47 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Damn... I think I'll go to another threat for awhile....

I'm going to go imagine the rapture with Sterling, atleast he has an imagination.
May 5th, 2008, 9:55 am
Liv

Oh please... the rapture has been done to death over the past 120 years or so. Though I sort of thought that Heinlein's version in "Job: A Comedy of Justice" was rather better than most. 8)
May 5th, 2008, 9:59 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I don't know about The Rain King, but personally speaking, I generally try to aim for being child-like, instead of childish. :mrgreen:

Initially, anyway. :wink: I can play "pay-back" if it seems warranted. But first I would try talking to Dad, and since that obviously didn't work, next logical step would be the cops. A retaliatory prank doesn't seem the best way to solve your problem at this point. You asked.
May 5th, 2008, 12:58 pm
The Rain King

Sounds like she just wanted to play, and we didn't provide the entertainment...
May 5th, 2008, 1:13 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

You're just making me be responsible.... Darn father-figures....
May 5th, 2008, 5:53 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:You're just making me be responsible.... Darn father-figures....

ME !? :D Thanks for the thought, I think, but I don't have any kids and nobody's ever accused me of being a role model. I'm more like "Unlce Buck".
May 6th, 2008, 7:27 am
The Rain King

The Rain King wrote:

ME !? :D Thanks for the thought, I think, but I don't have any kids and nobody's ever accused me of being a role model. I'm more like "Unlce Buck".

Well, I have a kid, and I think I have a half-way decent handle on how the job goes. So no worries there. 8)
May 6th, 2008, 7:30 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
The Rain King wrote:

Well, I have a kid, and I think I have a half-way decent handle on how the job goes. So no worries there. 8)

Based on what I've seen, I'd say you're way above average. Salute.
May 6th, 2008, 8:19 am
The Rain King

The Rain King wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Well, I have a kid, and I think I have a half-way decent handle on how the job goes. So no worries there. 8)

Based on what I've seen, I'd say you're way above average. Salute.

Yeah, I'm a regular Ward Cleaver for the zeros... :lol:

Cheers!
May 6th, 2008, 8:39 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

All you need is love...

Perhaps I should just go give my neighbor a hug....
May 6th, 2008, 8:55 am
Liv

Return to Life