Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

The Night I grew rice on my arm.

All things awesome.

Postby Liv » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:26 pm

rice_in_arm.gif
rice_in_arm.gif (10.62 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Last night I woke up at about 1 in the morning, breathing heavy, scared as much as I could. I had a bad dream. A Nightmare, and it was the scariest one I ever had. It wasn't a long and detailed dream, but yet it was so scary I keep looking at my arm all morning. This may not translate well into words but it was some scary stuff, believe me.

Basically the whole dream involved a wound on my arm. I look over at it and I'm surprised by what I see. It's a circular wound about the size of a bottle cap. The edges are raised and scabby, kinda what I would imagine a gun wound would look like if you just let it heal without stitches. The crater of this wound is about a 1/2 of an inch below the skin of my arm, although I don't realize this at this point in the dream. I look over and this crater-wound is filled with gel like, white, rice sized granules growing out of the wound. They're packed tightly and stand long ways up, and fill the wound to the top. I see this and panic. I'm like WTF? Suddenly I have a strong urge to pick the white rice globular things out. As I do they hurt to pull out, like pulling hairs out. I get down to the last few and can see the bottom of the wound, which looks grown over, but pressed in. I'm still freaked out, and begin wondering will the rice thingies grow back?

This is when I wake up, grabbed my arm, tried to focus my eyes, and then calm myself. It was so freaky I'm still glancing down at my arm every few seconds.

Analyze that dream, and tell me I'm not going insane.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jovick » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Rice... YUMMY. Do you realize how self-sufficient you could be if you could grow your own food on your body??
Jovick

Postby Liv » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Jovick wrote:Rice... YUMMY. Do you realize how self-sufficient you could be if you could grow your own food on your body??

OMG... It makes me want to vomit just thinking of that dream... Besides if I was going to grow food in my body, it better be something better than rice.

YUCK!
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:34 pm

lay off the beer and ice cream right before you go to bed.

That or spend a couple extra bucks and stop drinking the Colt 45.
Matt

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:13 pm

Last night, I had a dream that was very similar to ones that I've had occasionally ever since I was a child. For some reason, about three or four times a year, I"ll dream that I'm going about my daily business then suddenly look up and notice a looming wave of water at least a quarter-mile high coming straight at me. I hardly ever panic in these dreams, and I really don't classify them as nightmares. Mainly because the wave almost never actually falls. It's just a strange recurrence.

Even more rare these days (thank goodness) are dreams of the one job that I've had that ticked me off more than all others combined -- where I'm a security guard at the corporate headquarters of Burlington Industries. That was the worst long-term job I've ever had, and my brain seems determined to remind me of it at least once every year. Creepy little organ... :mrgreen:

Anyone else out there that can relate to this sort of thing?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby BecauseHeLives » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Last night, I had a dream that was very similar to ones that I've had occasionally ever since I was a child. For some reason, about three or four times a year, I"ll dream that I'm going about my daily business then suddenly look up and notice a looming wave of water at least a quarter-mile high coming straight at me. I hardly ever panic in these dreams, and I really don't classify them as nightmares. Mainly because the wave almost never actually falls. It's just a strange recurrence.

Even more rare these days (thank goodness) are dreams of the one job that I've had that ticked me off more than all others combined -- where I'm a security guard at the corporate headquarters of Burlington Industries. That was the worst long-term job I've ever had, and my brain seems determined to remind me of it at least once every year. Creepy little organ... :mrgreen:

Anyone else out there that can relate to this sort of thing?

Yep. I have recurring dreams of a job I held more than 15 years ago about 3-4 times a month it seems. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it. It's not a nightmare but it was one of my least favorite jobs.
BecauseHeLives

Postby Sanjuro » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:36 pm

I still have nightmares about retail. No doubt due to a bit of post-traumatic stress :lol: . It was years before I could go into a certain type of store again without wigging out.
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Sanjuro wrote:I still have nightmares about retail. No doubt due to a bit of post-traumatic stress :lol: . It was years before I could go into a certain type of store again without wigging out.

I wished I could have gone into the old BI headquarters building one last time while they were dismantling it. Would have been pretty cool to do a "victory lap."
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby A Person » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm

When I was younger I used to get my adrenaline thrills climbing, hang gliding, spelunking and cave diving. It never bothered me at the time, but now I occasionally get nightmares about something going wrong in spectacular ways. I got a lot more conservative with my thrills when I got over 40 :)
A Person

Postby Elaina » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:02 am

I have had a similar dream. And it's reoccuring (since I was 10-- I'm 19 now). Anyway I had wood growing from my cheek and wrist. Not woodlike growths but actual wood. Then I recently watched this BBC thing about "Tree-man" and oh my god did that scare the crap outta me.
Elaina

Postby Liv » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:10 am

This guy....?

Yeah... that would be a bit freaky.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Grandpa is dead. (He's been dead for 2 years.) We're at the funeral, but instead of their being a casket, he is slumped over in a chair. No one thinks anything of it. Then it's my turn to go up and say goodbyes. I walk up, and my cousin is sitting there. He says you can come around on the other side of him to see him better. As I do, Grandpa's head lifts up and looks at me. His eyes are deep black (sort of Alien like) with no pupils or white portion. I scream.

This is when I woke up screaming as well.

Scared the crap out of me. Even more than the "Rice" arm.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby sirald66 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:25 pm

As I read it, I was thinking about maggots eating dead flesh. But since they were packed together and you didn't mention wriggling, made me think of parasitic egg clusters like the poor bug being eaten alive.

I quite enjoy earth sciences and usually there is little about them that gross me out, but I recall recently seeing a an image flash by that was a cluster of moist short-fat eggs with a black dot on the top of each; the power went out and I didn't get to see the show finish..... But when I stumbled across the show the next day, it turned out what I was watching was a story about creating a 100 pound glass paper weight; the 'eggs' were actually something called glass 'cane' (as in candy cane) that were being mounted onto the sphere's surface during the process. [So I interpreted them in a flash as a cluster of gooey eggs, but it was something completely different]
sirald66

Postby Liv » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 am

So we had way too much Sesame Chicken and Fried Rice last night. I go to bed and woke up like 8 minutes ago. It's 5:08am in case you're wondering. I only woke up because when I turned over in the middle of my dream my stomach bubbled up a mean acid-reflux response and did one of those "coat your throat" things with acid which can only be fixed by drinking mass amounts of fluids and some sort of crackers. So I'm running towards the kitchen. Grab some water, and the nearest thing crackery is last nights fortune cookies. Then I read my fortune.

So the dream? I'm able to float and I'm floating to this haunted house in Wales which also happens to be in a gift shop. On my way to flying to the haunted house I reach a bridge, one of those that raises and lowers. I'm stuck on it while it's opening, but so is everybody else and nobody thinks anything else of it and gets out to talk to their neighbors. Unfortunately no one notices the large Oil Tanker which sinks right before us. I mention it to the one lady standing there and she says "oh it happens all the time"

So after all that floating and fun, I make my way to the kitchen and read the fortune. It says, and I kid you not: "Keep your feet on the ground."

What the hell?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:36 pm

I find fortune cookies are a lot more entertaining if you append "in bed" to them

Almost as relevant too.
A Person

Postby Liv » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm

I have a new nightmare, bot flies, Oh my!

Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby swiss » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

MAN I DONT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN BUT IN BRIEF I HAD THE SAME EXACT DREAM SAME EMOTIONS AND IT WAS BY FAR MY SCARIEST DREAM EVER I LIVE IN BROOKLYN NY ITS NOW 6 SOMETHING IN THE AM IM STARTLED I CANT SLEEP IM STILL SCARED THE DREAM WAS TOO REAL AND I REMEMBER EVERYTHING I NORMALLY DONT.
swiss

Postby Liv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Merde! What could it possibly mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby swiss » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Rice
To see grains of rice in your dream symbolize success, prosperity, luck, fertility and warm friendships. i did some extensive research "LIV" I guess its not that bad after all. lol
swiss

Postby lisam8 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Growing rice on your arm haha never heard that one before! A lot of the time bad dreams aren't actually so bad when you look at the dream meanings! So next time you have a bad dream don't worry about it. It is said to suggest you will have good luck. Check out an online dreams interpretation site for more info.
lisam8

Return to Geekery