·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Theme Park of Death.

by Liv | Published on July 14th, 2006, 4:30 pm | Life
A few weeks ago I posted a picturesque look into the world of theme parks that might need some TLC to meet the quality guidelines of Six Flags or Busch Gardens. What's utterly amazing is there seems to be tons of these run-down amusement parks, and that was one of the better ones. Here's an example that just leave you wondering about which roller-coaster to jump on first.

OMG! It looks like a good place for some gang wars!
October 2nd, 2006, 1:26 pm
melalyssa

Wow, do you know if this place still exists? Please contact me on [email protected] if you have more info. Thanks, Alex.
November 11th, 2008, 8:10 am
Alex

Nifty. Looks like the perfect place for a Scooby-Doo episode.
:auto-mysterymachine:

Alternatively, it could be absolutely post-apocalyptic. Turn M. Night Shyamalan loose in there and see what ensues... :twisted:
November 11th, 2008, 12:57 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Alex wrote:Wow, do you know if this place still exists? Please contact me on [email protected] if you have more info. Thanks, Alex.

This seems to be the source of the pictures
http://home.f01.itscom.net/spiral/t_rando/t_rando1.html

The writing is in japanese and says (roughly)
Tohoku area of Japan. First and largest in the region, opened in 1973, reopened in 1982, closed in 2000.

There is a famous abandoned park, Chippewa Lake Park, Ohio.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
November 11th, 2008, 3:13 pm
A Person

I'll have to ask Dad if he is familiar with it....
November 11th, 2008, 3:44 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Guys, you are amazing. Great help. Thanks.
November 12th, 2008, 11:01 am
ajstone

A Person wrote:
Alex wrote:Wow, do you know if this place still exists? Please contact me on [email protected] if you have more info. Thanks, Alex.

This seems to be the source of the pictures
http://home.f01.itscom.net/spiral/t_rando/t_rando1.html

The writing is in japanese and says (roughly)
Tohoku area of Japan. First and largest in the region, opened in 1973, reopened in 1982, closed in 2000.

This place is being turned into a housing development- Chippewa Landing but it was once an abandoned theme park. I'm not sure if they have begun bulldozing the place down or not. I haven't been back to Ohio in a few months...
November 15th, 2008, 10:01 pm
baerlondark

Kinda creepy, but in cool way.
November 17th, 2008, 9:49 pm
foreverbugg

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Nifty. Looks like the perfect place for a Scooby-Doo episode.
:auto-mysterymachine:

Alternatively, it could be absolutely post-apocalyptic. Turn M. Night Shyamalan loose in there and see what ensues... :twisted:

This actually reminded me of the beginning of "Spirited Away" ... Chihiro's dad says the place that they've happened upon must be an abandoned theme park...

Back home, there was a children's venue called Storybook Land that closed and became overgrown. The pics here remind me of what the train/traintracks looked like as the years went by.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
November 18th, 2008, 9:05 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Serendipitous wrote:This actually reminded me of the beginning of "Spirited Away" ... Chihiro's dad says the place that they've happened upon must be an abandoned theme park...

That is exactly what I thought.
November 18th, 2008, 10:31 am
Nfidel

Try Ferrari-land, or the place in Denmark with the statues of vomiting rats.

Definitely not a list of things I'd go out of my way to visit. But if I am ever in the area, with a free day to waste, I'd consider some of these things. Except for Jesus-land. That's just too creepy to consider. I'd take Hello Kitty over that any day...
:think:
May 19th, 2010, 3:52 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Dicken's World looks quite crackin....

I miss the old days here in the states when we had these oddities.... I digitized a family film not to long ago and it had footage of a place I had forgotten from my childhood, something like Fairy Tale Land.... very cool.
May 19th, 2010, 7:08 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

The Mounted Animal Nature Trail

May 19th, 2010, 9:01 am
A Person

Return to Life