·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

The Heart of a Time Lord.

by Liv | Published on January 29th, 2009, 2:10 pm | Life
ggpa_watch.jpg
So we're going through Grandma's & Grandpa's house this last week. I didn't want money, only recipes and genealogy stuff. Most things of importance had been snatched up by the family anyways. Shannon got digging and found this unassuming little pouch.... Clearly everyone else had assumed it was a coin-bag, or something worthless. She opened it and we both turned to each other and said in unison "The heart of a time-lord", "OMG!"... of course this got us laughing, on top of already crying!!! It was truly a find.

Inscribed on the outer casing was "E.S." which we assume was for "Emil Schnabel" my great-grandfather, whom we know was a railroad employee after immigrating to the U.S. from Germany. What I love about the piece though is on the chain there's a piece inscribed with the initials "T.N." which we assume is for Theresa Nutto, his wife. Love. It's really a beautiful thing....

Unfortunately the piece doesn't work anymore. I'm thinking about seeing if I could get it fixed... but It's almost fitting that it doesn't...

conductors_watch.jpg

It's difficult to read from the photo, but I think it is made by Waltham

If so these people have a lot of information about them
http://www.antique-pocket-watch.com/wal ... mpany.html

and you can probably trace the model and serial number here: http://www.nawcc-info.org/WalthamDB/walsernum.htm

It may not be worth a whole lot of money but it's a lovely piece of machinery

Looks rather like this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0363300993
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
January 29th, 2009, 2:32 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:"The heart of a time-lord", "OMG!"... of course this got us laughing, on top of already crying!!! It was truly a find.

:D :D :D

Liv wrote:Inscribed on the outer casing was "E.S." which we assume was for "Emil Schnabel" my great-grandfather, whom we know was a railroad employee after immigrating to the U.S. from Germany. What I love about the piece though is on the chain there's a piece inscribed with the initials "T.N." which we assume is for Theresa Nutto, his wife. Love. It's really a beautiful thing....

Unfortunately the piece doesn't work anymore. I'm thinking about seeing if I could get it fixed... but It's almost fitting that it doesn't...

Thanks, Liv. That got me a little misty...
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
January 29th, 2009, 4:02 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

The face says "Hamilton"
January 29th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Life