·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Yellowstone Super Volcano, when will it erupt?

by Liv | Published on June 5th, 2010, 1:57 pm | Travel
europe.jpg

One things for sure, If Europe thought it was rough when Iceland's volcano purged on air travel, Yellowstone would really piss off the frequent flyers.

oh yeah wow this is one good reason to worry about the eruption, it could put one big hole in the U.S. Just imagine what that would be like losing everything where you grew up and everybody you know. But i dont think it will happen today so just get back to your life and live it up while you still can. :? :? :) :? :(
June 16th, 2010, 1:47 pm
[email protected]

I think it could happen in 2012.You add a super volcano to the mix of mega tsunamis,mega earthquakes,mega tornadoes,major floods and meteors falling.Oh, let's not forget Nibiru to finnish us off.
July 22nd, 2010, 7:34 pm
Unknown

This has been bothering me for a while, but I have no science degree so I can only speculate. I recently have been checking the online news about yellowstone, earthquakes, hurricanes & so on and so fourth. I have noticed some thing that other people haven't noticed or haven't talked about yet.

For one, I read an article from the last 6 months or so saying that yellowstone was have more miniquakes then usual, the number 2,500 pops into my head.

Then I read an article saying that an area of the park had risen to some degree.

Then I read that the animals were acting funky, 2 attacks in last month or so.

Then an article states that one particular tree type was dying throughout the part, something white bark, and that most areas look grey from air.

Then the president & vp visit in the same week that this happens...
Then I read on a thread pointed out by someone who chcked yellostones seimic website, that there was a complete stop in miniquakes for several days.

It's amazing what doesn't make the news. Today's solar burst, guatemalas sinkhole, all this yellowstone stuff.
August 1st, 2010, 9:10 pm

I'll be watching the BBQ from Sydney, aus. :)
I don't think we will be in trouble, if so, we're an island...hopefully we'll just float awaaaaaay
September 13th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Guest wrote:I'll be watching the BBQ from Sydney, aus. :)
I don't think we will be in trouble, if so, we're an island...hopefully we'll just float awaaaaaay

Can I crash at your place?
September 14th, 2010, 8:52 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

yellowstone will not erupt in the next 10,000 years and when it does it will be a ice age. the whole world will be covered in 4ft of ash as it will be over 100 times worse than the last eruption that was within the last 200 years.
September 19th, 2010, 6:50 am
geust

geust wrote:yellowstone will not erupt in the next 10,000 years
And you know this - how?

geust wrote:when it does it will be a ice age
Possibly

geust wrote:the whole world will be covered in 4ft of ash

That would require 146,847 cubic miles of ash. The caldera was formed 640,000 years ago in a cataclysmic eruption that released around 240 cubic miles of ash. Enough to cover the whole world in 0.5 thousandth of an inch of ash

geust wrote:as it will be over 100 times worse than the last eruption that was within the last 200 years.
Yellowstone hasn't erupted in the last 200 years. The last (small) eruption was 70,000 years ago.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
September 19th, 2010, 10:33 am
A Person

Return to Travel