·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Best Restaurants & Food in Dallas

by Liv | Published on March 7th, 2010, 3:31 pm | Travel
I'm starting this post because I googled while in Dallas, and got nothing. Now I was only there for 3 days, so my experience was kind of small but I did try a few local varieties of food in Dallas that you might want to eat if you ever visit. Generally I'm pretty good at picking the best places to eat... You don't become the size of a killer whale without eating a trainer or two. I mean a burger or two. It's a valid question: what's the best place to eat? Where do the locals go? What food is Dallas known for?

burger_street_dallas_tx.jpg
    burger_street_dallas_tx.jpg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 944 times

1- Burger Street - This by far was the one place recommended to me over and over again. The lines were always out the door, and they advertise "Texas Chili" right on the sign. Like 5 Guys, or many of the other modern "big" burger restaurants you'll end up with a massive burger dripping in grease, cheese and all the toppings. I like that they use Romaine instead of iceberg lettuce, and found it to be one darn good burger.

mr_jims_pizza_dallas.jpg

2- Mr Jim's Pizza - One of the things I love to do when I travel is get a pizza from a restaurant labeled as the local's favorite. When I saw the ads saying that Mr Jim's had won The Best Pizza in Texas award I knew I would have to try it. I ordered what they call a "Sticky Fingers" Pizza along with a small order of wings and a salad. By all means, it's good. Definitely comfort food, and uniquely different from any other pizza I had. The hot wings were more spicy than the stereotypically red sauce hot, but really good. The salad had tons of veggies and they've got a great ranch sauce.

taco_bueno_chalupa.jpg

3- Taco Bueno caught my eye the moment I landed. It's a chain of fast food Mexican restaurants that differentiate itself by being more authentic and offering fresher ingredients. It's also really good. I knew it was good when some of the people I came to visit who were local went there for lunch. While I didn't get a chance to grab one; they do offer breakfast burritos, something I love and is rarity to find outside of the fake ones at McDonald's west of CA. I had a Chalupa and a taco. Yes it was good, but what really makes it awesome was the salsa.

And that's it. Like I said it was a quick trip. I did visit some other favorites which are available there and nationwide like Jack N Box (See previous review if you've never been), Krystals, and I did notice a Miami Subs (See prev. review on this too) come up on my GPS. I'd also like to mention The Londoner which was down the street from the hotel. It looks darn interesting, and I wanted to go, just ran out of time. It was however always packed.

If you've been to Dallas, and know of future recommendations for the best food in Dallas, add them to the list as I will probably have to go back.

There are many restaurants in Dallas,we always like the food of restaurants but we also notify that,the food provided by restaurants are pure or not,sometimes you will be suffer many health related problems,i think that we have to avoid to take restaurants food, if you know the process of making the food and if you believe that than you can take it.
March 29th, 2010, 1:42 am
jsmthjsmith83

Return to Travel