·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

London Vacation, Fun to see

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on April 16th, 2008, 12:34 pm | Travel
Go up to the Asheville area some time in early May and wander along the Blue Ridge Parkway. You'll see more than your share of "photogenic landscapes." As for rainbows -- you kinda need "rain" for those, eh? :roll:

Okay. This is as good as it's going to get. It's taken me a good bit of time to compile the 150 separate video clips into a working vacation montage. If your interested in seeing our week in London this is the full video. It's quite spectacular on the High Def, but Youtube turns down the quality considerably.

Enjoy.

This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
May 13th, 2008, 12:07 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

That was rather enjoyable, thank you. I think you have real talent as a film-maker, but I don't know if you should consider a career as a tour guide: "Now we're passing Some Famous Church, and that's the statue of Saint Something-or-other covered in pigeon crap out front." Cute, though. Cracked me up. :wink: :P
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. -- Albert Camus

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
-- John Steinbeck
May 14th, 2008, 5:02 pm
The Rain King

Actually the truth is, I went back and redid all the "pop-ups" but I'm using Vista now who unfortunately doesn't like alot of things that XP does and it locked up. I basically said at that point "I've got too much time into this." and just cut and run.

If you've ever had to join 3 files at a time while converting hd mov files to avi and you have 150 some files, it makes you go mucho nutso.
May 14th, 2008, 5:30 pm
Liv

N0223822.jpg

One of the blogs I subscribe to is "London Daily Photo" blog. I was surprised, but happily, to see something familiar to me come up in the feed a few days ago. At first I saw the photo, and thought... "That looks familiar"... then I clicked on the link.... showed Shan, and we exclaimed "That's our Pub".

2283888600_0f1702def3_gallery.jpeg

I know it's not a dirty, nitty gritty corner pub in London.... but it's right there on the Thames... and we happened to adopt it while we were there. What got me was they had a cart of blankets sitting out front where you could take your Guinness out on the patio and cover up and keep warm while watching stuff go on- on the boardwalk, or the river. Very cool.
February 11th, 2009, 9:44 am
Liv

I might have to check that out later in the month.
It's not far away from Whitechapel and the Jack the Ripper walking tour than I'm doing
February 12th, 2009, 3:55 pm
smiler125

I'm sure it's "touristy"... but it's positioned nicely if you've spent the day walking and thirsty.... I'm pretty sure we hit that after the Globe... so I don't believe it's too far off.
February 12th, 2009, 5:22 pm
Liv

Girls with biggest boobs live in Britain

British women have the biggest breasts in Europe, a survey revealed yesterday.

The poll for bra maker Triumph found that only in this country did more than half the women need a D cup or larger Our 57 per cent — including curvy model Kelly Brook — put the rest in the shade, with Denmark second on 50 per cent, then Holland with 36 per cent, the Sun reports.

The Swedes and the Swiss had the largest number of A cup sizes at 14 per cent.

Italians have the smallest boobs. In Italy 68 per cent had a size B.
cleaveagebycountry.jpg

All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
May 9th, 2009, 12:43 pm
A Person

And Canada?
May 9th, 2009, 2:42 pm
Liv

Return to Travel