Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

America isn't about who's best, it's about who wins.

Thought provoking content you're going to LOVE!

Postby Liv » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 pm

donaldson1.jpg

That sums us up doesn't it? I've always tried to put into words exactly the difference between most of Europe and America. I never quite found the right phrase, yet I've never had any doubt that there was a difference. I brought it up at the Spa today, after mentioning David Bowie's "The Man Who Fell To Earth" we watched last night. Primarily that's what the movies was about. It was about America, and how even if you're good at something, perhaps even the best isn't as good as who wins.

It's true too. I mean we all know Britney Spears can't sing worth a darn, but she was willing to parade around in a school girl uniform for pervy old dads, and therefore... she won.

Religion isn't perhaps the "best" or better than science, but it unfortunately appears to be winning.

Even look at our health care system. Is the best option really ever going to have a chance in a system which x-rays all the alien's contact lenses into place making them conform to look just like us. In the end we will all die alone, drinking at some patio bar in the middle of Los Angeles... a drunkard, because the mission of mercy doesn't mean crap in the United States of America....

In fact if you're good at what you do, you'll never succeed here. That's the truth no one will tell you. It's the corrupt person who steals your idea, or resells your talent and leaves you for poor...

No if you want to be a true American, you better be stabbing someone in the back, stealing for the cookie jar, and lying all the way to the top... oh and be absolutely talentless... on the other hand if you happen to have talent, watch out... because there's probably a knife at your back right now.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby shannon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 am

Gotta do whatcha gotta do.
shannon
Fire up the Quattro

Postby BecauseHeLives » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 am

That explains the Obama win then...
BecauseHeLives

Postby Liv » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 am

BecauseHeLives wrote:

That explains the Obama win then...

Hey I voted for Clinton, so... don't expect an argument out of me... but I like Obama, and I think "he" was suppost to be the "best"... but as Bowie's character, America is ripping the "best" apart. The election wasn't the contest, the presidency is....
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to Originals