Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Anglican Spy of 1802

Thought provoking content you're going to LOVE!

Postby shannon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:26 pm

5418019224_0eb3b39879_b.jpg
January 2, 1802

In Honor of Your Majesty,

As asked of me, in your honor, I have infiltrated the President of the State’s house. I have intercepted a letter from Jefferson himself, to the Danbury Church. It is quite concerning the state of things now. It is evident that Jefferson is no longer in allegiance to the Church. He is promoting wickedness and dissention by allowing for the birth of radical diversity in his country. He has now left the power in the hands of the common people, as to their faith, and practices thereof. Sects have taken hold, and wildly revived unspeakables such as outdoor preaching and passionate sermons by visiting ministers. His deist ways are a contagious epidemic amongst the elite and the leaders of his new society. He has provided us with undisputable evidence in his very own words. The Letter to the Danbury Church, in Connecticut, he expressed that, “Believing with you that religion is a matter in which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should , ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof’, thus building a wall of separation between church and State.”

Encouraging this freedom is only providing an excuse for people to leave the church. Our once devoted congregations are welcoming change. He further incriminates himself in his Notes on the State of Virginia when he mentions, “...Newtonian principles of gravitation is now firmly established on the basis of reason, than it would be were the government to step in and to make it an article of necessary faith.” In the very same note he mentions, “Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion.”
Found in an earlier correspondence with Madison, it is quite clear that his direct influence created the Bill of Rights to include protection for the freedom of religion. He admits in his Notes on the State of Virginia, written by his hand, “The Convention of May 1776, in their declaration of rights, declared it to be a truth, and a natural right, that the exercise of religion should be free...”

I’ve heard some calling this an age of reason. Unreasonable comments cannot make this so. Jefferson writes, “...The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god.” By all of this, it is quite apparent how Jefferson feels about the church. His treasonous ideology is creeping into the nation. The people he leads are sharing in this new wave of religious tolerance.

The States are all creating their own laws on the matter. New Jersey established a law that no longer obligates any person to pay tithes and taxes to a particular place of worship, contrary to his own faith. In keeping with Jefferson’s influence of the separation of the church and State, New York established that no religious leader could hold any civil or military office. Pennsylvania has stated that it’s laws protect any person from being deprived of rights as a citizen despite their religion, and they cannot be forced to bear arms.

As you can see, things are spiralling out of control here against the ways of the Church of England. Jefferson is instigating the spread of religious toleration and unholiness. We are losing our foothold here. Left and right there are conversion experiences, and talk of science and philosophy. I regret to inform you of this treasonous plague. I humbly await further instructions from your majesty.

Your humble and devoted servant,
Agent S.
shannon
Fire up the Quattro

Return to Originals