Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Is Jesus actually Ra of Egypt?

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby alex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:42 pm

alex

Postby BecauseHeLives » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:03 am

Crap! That means, with the North American Union (and the new currency Amero), that AP and I are actually part of the same country.
BecauseHeLives

Postby felipe_hdez » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:29 am

Jesus hijo of Ra
Ra=Akenathon=Athon=H.Trimegisto=Platon=Tutankamon=etc=and me.
Isis=Olimpia=cleopatra=nefertitis=freya=etc.
felipe_hdez

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Jean Lafitte wrote:I do know, however, that the Roman/Judean historian Flavius Josephus reported on the existence of Jesus of Nazareth;
A false insertion since it refer to Jesus as teh son of God, something no Roman historian would ever do since the Emperor was the son of God and to claim otherwise would mean execution. Lets get something straight - there are no verifiable references to Jesus except the Bible itself, hence there is NO evidence that he ever existed. And even if the word Jesus was found in a parchment somewhere it would not mean anything since Jesus was a very common name. In fact history records up to 40 Jesuses who lived in Judea all claiming to be the Messiah

Was God sitting at the elbow of the writers of the Gospels and the other books of the Bible and nudging them to get the story just right?
Lets get something else corrected while I am here. The writers of the 4 Gospels were not the disciples themselves, these books were given these names to give them authority just likes the Gnostic gospels. So claiming that Paul's gospels omits most of the prophecies cause he was not there etc is just stupid. Paul did not write Paul's gospel! And since Paul's gospel refers to the sacking of the Temple, the earliest it could have been written was 71AD. The latter gospels being effectively 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions of the original gospel and they sought to fill in gaps and fulfill all the prophecies that the first edition never bothered to cover.

Re Ra - remember he predates Judaism by 2,000 years and the other Gos stories as well so he was most likely one of the original sources that others borrowed from later.

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 pm

Is there such a thing as "Paul's Gospel"? I've never heard of it. Peter's, perhaps.

But you're correct conceptually regarding the Gospels in the Bible. No serious authority would connect any of them to an actual disciple of Yeshua the Nazarite.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby jose v » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:23 am

Good info on the myth of religion . its from the movie documentary Zeitgeist, and its a very eye opening experience(AMAZING MOVIE). seek the truth people. Its long but give it a chance because it has info about religion , politics and government.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7743189197
jose v

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Jovick wrote:
So sayeth the people who wrote about him up to a century after his death, knowing that the people who read their tales would have no way of checking, and having a list of the "prophecies" on their desks. Yeah, that's really believable, man.

Most of the books of the new testament were written before 65AD. Using that as a point to deflect that many people wrote the same things is obvious.

Tell me... Paul was the one who wrote about Jesus earlier than anyone else in the New Testament. What details did he mention about the man's life?

Paul never saw Jesus before he was crucified so he did not have any first hand information to give. Paul met Jesus after his resurrection. In fact Paul was probably the biggest atheist the world has ever seen before he converted. That's good news for people like you.

Paul was a Jew retard

Virgin birth? Nope
The "flight to Egypt"? Nope
Born in Bethlehem? Nope
Grew up in Nazareth? Nope
Baptism by John? Nope
Miracles? Few if any
Triumphal entry to Jerusalem? Nope
Betrayal by a disciple? Nope
Trial before Pilate? One mention, with no details
Appearances before people after resurrection? Yes, but far different than any record in a Gospel or Acts.

Uh... Paul wasn't there dude.

Yeah, it looks like an awful lot of the NT was cobbled together from stuff that was made up, not in response to anything that actually happened in reality.

Saying it doesn't make it so. Especially using the warped reasoning you just posted.

Postby A Person » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:54 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:The other major problem with Josephus as a recorder of events surrounding Jesus' life is the complete lack of any mention of a slaughter of babies in Livlehem.

I just noticed this old post. Bethlehem has become Livlehem. This is how history gets revised :lol:

Earnest scholars of the future will wonder on the significance of Livlehem. A new development on the outskirts of Bethlehem perhaps, the birthplace of the saviour of transsexuals?

Other references to Livlehem
A Person

Postby Liv » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Yeah I (obviously) ran a sql search and replace query.... and luckily haven't had too many issue...

I corrected the article for Elizaliv's Pizza the other day.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm just wondering... will this thread ever die a natural death, or will we at some point drive a stake through its un-dead heart? :violence-hammer:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Got something against Raseus.... Hey!!! That's a pretty cool name...
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I hate stupid people------Now go shoot yourself or eat some poison. Go on dumb ass!

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 pm

All I have to say in support to the argument is google: Zeitgiest the movie watch and judge for yourself!!

Postby Jamy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:45 pm

That is a picture of a statue of Akhenaten, not Ra. Akhenaten worshiped the Aten, which was the sun, and an aspect of the God Ra, so maybe you got confused. Interestingly, Akhenaten was the first Pharaoh to embrace monotheism.
Jamy

Postby Jamy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:25 pm

What happened to that article and picture? It disappeared! :shock:
Jamy

Postby Liv » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Jamy wrote:What happened to that article and picture? It disappeared! :shock:

case of the disappearing sun god.jpg
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Jamy wrote:That is a picture of a statue of Akhenaten, not Ra. Akhenaten worshiped the Aten, which was the sun, and an aspect of the God Ra, so maybe you got confused. Interestingly, Akhenaten was the first Pharaoh to embrace monotheism.

Would you provide a link supporting that

This is a statue of Akhenatan

Alternate view

Liv's picture is of a pharaoh's sarcophagus or coffin. Which one is difficult to tell, but it looks like Tutankhamun

A Person

Postby Liv » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Actually I must admit I changed it after further review...

Here was the original...

Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Let me also digress... when I wrote the piece it was in reference to a Nat Geo, or some other television show that suggested the theory that RA was Jesus and posted an image.... it's been so long ago now, I don't know if it was random carelessness or, my belief that- that was Hathor (amun Ra) and therefore the merged Ra personality...

If someone has a better amun ra photo, I'd be glad to update it.... but I've yet to find an online source similar to the ones they showed on that show that addressed the physical similarities of the Ra God.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:14 pm

OK I'm a little confused. You originally posted a picture of a statue of Akhenatan, but changed it for a picture of Tutankhamun's coffin?

Ra was portrayed in many different forms but usually with an animal's head - hawk, beetle, ram, serpent, bull, cat etc.

The physical appearance is irrelevant since Ra could change forms at will. (as the mythology claims)
A Person

Postby Liv » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:18 pm

But wasn't after he was merged and became amun ra... didn't he become humanoid????
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Not according to what I've read. Amun-Ra wasn't a material incarnation of Ra, Amun was a god in his own right that was merged with Ra

But hey, I learned that Ammonites were named for the curled rams horns of Amun, and Amomia was named because Romans found ammonium chloride near his temple, sal ammoniacus (salt of Amun)
A Person

Postby Liv » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 pm

I suppose this is one of those articles that should be revisited, and rewritten...

Though I still stand behind the concept that Christianity is a regurgitation of Egyptian God structure...

It's especially obvious when you see an evolved version in Greek Mythology: I think Zeus looks exactly like Jesus
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 am

That's a bit like saying the English language is a regurgitation of French. English has Germanic, Latin, Frisian, French and Greek components - and keeps adding them - it's a mongrel language which is probably why its successful.

Christianity has freely borrowed from and co-opted parts of many religions - and vice versa. Mithraism, Egyptian, Norse, Druid etc. It's a mongrel religion which is probably why its successful.
A Person

Postby Jamy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 am

Liv wrote:
Jamy wrote:What happened to that article and picture? It disappeared! :shock:

case of the disappearing sun god.jpg

DOH!!! LOL I don't know if I buy the "Jesus as Ra" thing, but I guess anything is possible. I had always kind of thought that when Jesus went away for those years, he was off learning Buddhism, but that's just my own theory....no proof or backup information on that, though I have seen a few similar sentiments from other people over the years.

As for the photo, the one I was talking about was Akhenaten and yes, that third one was Tutankhamen. The original photo was the one I was referring to, not the third one of Tut.

Here's an interesting tidbit of trivia regarding Akhenaten and Tut. Akhenaten was Tut's father and Tut's original name was Tutankhaten, but when Akhenaten died, Tut moved from Amarna and changed the last part of his name to "amen" to distance himself from his father. Don't ask me for links to my "evidence"...my son studied this in homeschool and we have read so many books and watched so many documentaries, I can't begin to tell you which ones I got the info from.
Jamy

PreviousNext

Return to WWJD?