Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Thinking about the "pro-life" crowd

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 am

Got to thinking the other day, about all the "pro-life" trolls that hector people about abortion all the time. Seems to me that if they really thought that life was worth defending universally, and that the government should pass laws to achieve that universal value, they'd be all for universal health care. And they'd be against nearly all wars.

But of course, they aren't into either of these extremes. They prefer the extreme that makes pregnant women miserable, powerless, and even puts them at times in danger of losing THEIR lives. They need to re-brand themselves to be more honest about their views. Call them the "pro-birth" people. Cause once a baby is born, they don't give a rat's ass about what happens.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 pm

It's never been about saving unborn lives, though they'd argue soldiers do have a choice.

It's really about control.

Just as people don't want food stamps to buy wine, or to give needles (in NC), or gays get married.

It's people who aren't satisfied with control of their own lives, and demand others to live like then. Sounds a bit like tyranny to me.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to WWJD?