Got a god, bring it.

How many American Christians aren't Christian?

Great video from Bill Maher

I know a LOT of church-going folks that should feel INTENSELY that this video is directed at them. Cause it IS.
SouthernFriedInfidel

I've asked that question a million times.

(among others)

Even besides violence, how many Christians are out their faking it. Using codified language, going to church, doubting it all on the inside, but too afraid to ever come out.

There's a huge closet with Christians in it.
Liv

Besides the violence, there's also the greed. Went out for lunch the other day with my wife, saw a $60,000 Mercedes sport coupe in a handicap spot with a vanity plate on the back that read "PREECHA"

Can't really figure out these evangelists that say they follow Jesus, yet drive around in cars that are worth more than my bloody HOUSE. And they often love to dabble in politics, saying that the government needs to stop helping the poor with Welfare and Medicaid (some even say such things ought to be done by churches), while obviously not doing much to help the poor themselves.

And let's not even START on the "right to life" crowd that cheer America on every bloody time we crank up a war...
SouthernFriedInfidel

In my first Global Studies class we leaned NC is basically the gateway for refugees.

Most of the organizations who run these government subsidized refugee programs are Christian (if not all).

Here's the kicker... a few years ago, one of these refugee services got busted for driving around in huge fancy SUVs, taking trips over seas, and living life large off the donations given.

Meanwhile... the refugees received no support (except from God).

I believe this was part of the fiasco:

http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpre ... nsboro-nc/
Liv

Well, then there IS the matter of "charities" that give only a couple of pennies on the dollar donated.

Yes, America is quite a spectrum of sleaze.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Yup...

I'm trying to get one off the ground actually....

... but finding time has been incredibly difficult, and opposition has been painful.
Liv

Return to Religion