Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

I got a heaping helping of "Christian Love" on Sat

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Nothing can be proved to you RS. You don't beLIEve anything. I could argue that it was daytime outside and you would argue its night. Its hopeless with you when a person has to offer proof when they give an opinion.
BecauseHeLives

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:38 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:
RebelSnake wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:
RebelSnake wrote:You did just fine Liv. The only change I would make would be "evolution, atheist hating christians". Call it like it is.

Maybe change "evolution, atheist hating christians" to "evolution, atheist hate christians"

I rest my case.

I think you are confusing the word hate in my post to be an adjective. Its a verb.

I know what a verb is. You are the one spouting hate and intolerance here, not me. "evolution,atheist hate christians" is not only inflammatory, but gramatically incorrect as well.
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:40 pm

I know what a verb is. You are the one spouting hate and intolerance here, not me. "evolution,atheist hate christians" is not only inflammatory, but gramatically incorrect as well.

Thats funny Mr. Hypocrite. Its OK to inflame Christians but not atheists or evolutionists? Here's your dish back.
BecauseHeLives

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Uh.. I've never promoted hate on here.
BecauseHeLives

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:Nothing can be proved to you RS. You don't beLIEve anything. I could argue that it was daytime outside and you would argue its night. Its hopeless with you when a person has to offer proof when they give an opinion.

Hmmm, that could be because you've never provided proof of anything you claim. When pressed to provide proof of your statements, you conveniently refer to them as "opinions". A rather pathetic little way to escape, is it not? Either that or you just ignore it completely.
RebelSnake

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:47 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:Uh.. I've never promoted hate on here.

That's right, wallow in denial.
RebelSnake

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:48 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:

Thats funny Mr. Hypocrite. Its OK to inflame Christians but not atheists or evolutionists? Here's your dish back.

Hypocrite huh? Show me one post where I have said anything out of line.
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 pm

RebelSnake wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:Nothing can be proved to you RS. You don't beLIEve anything. I could argue that it was daytime outside and you would argue its night. Its hopeless with you when a person has to offer proof when they give an opinion.

Hmmm, that could be because you've never provided proof of anything you claim. When pressed to provide proof of your statements, you conveniently refer to them as "opinions". A rather pathetic little way to escape, is it not? Either that or you just ignore it completely.

General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Science & Technology | Religion & philosophy | Politics | Sports & Auto | World & Travel | How To | Classifieds | Liv's Blog
You have no new messages Profile Memberlist FAQ Search Front Page Subscribe RSS Toolbar Plugin Link Code Log out [ BecauseHeLives ]
Religion / Philosophy:: I got a heaping helping of "Christian Love" on Sat
By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:58 pm

I meant just the fish thingy.

By A Person
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Since my car is anonymous - let's be really offensive

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Quote: Sanjuro, I'm sorry to hear about all this man. It's really sad when a simple thought process can cause so much intolerance and hate.

One could easily argue that the Evolve fish symbol is a symbol of hate and intolerance as well.

Quote: These are the same kind of people responsible for segregation and slavery before that.

OK. Getting rediculous now.

Quote: And christians think they're persecuted

Do you feel persecuted?

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:38 pm

A Person wrote: Since my car is anonymous - let's be really offensive

Yes. Offensive.

If there was a way to display that on your car and you could be assured no harm would come to you or your car would you put it on your car?

By Sanjuro
Lacky
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:40 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: Do you feel persecuted?

You want me to answer that right now?

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Sanjuro wrote: BecauseHeLives wrote: Do you feel persecuted?

You want me to answer that right now?

I certainly would not have wanted to have been one of those two people that came up to you trying to spreading the gospel. What are the odds of you getting a visit like that after what happened to your car?

By RebelSnake
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:49 pm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hate%20crime
Quote: American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source hate crime
n. A crime motivated by prejudice against a social group: "[His]murders were hate crimes targeting victims by gender" (Jane Caputi and Diana E.H. Russell).

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source
Main Entry: hate crime
Function: noun
: a crime that violates the victim's civil rights and that is motivated by hostility to the victim's race, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

"Faith is to the human what sand is to the ostrich.
Unknown

By Sanjuro
Lacky
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:50 pm

We're in the south. I'd venture to say the chances are better than average.

By SouthernFriedInfidel
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:54 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: I certainly would not have wanted to have been one of those two people that came up to you trying to spreading(sic) the gospel. What are the odds of you getting a visit like that after what happened to your car?

In my neighorhood, it would have been a VERY unlikely event. In the 12 years I've been in my place, we've had visits from the local Gawd Squads about 3 times. I wish I could say that such an attack would be "unthinkable" in my neighborhood... but we live just down the street from a church. One with a lot of teenagers -- and it's that sort of person, those who aren't all that used to controlling their impulses, that would be prime suspects here.
Agitators are a set of interfering, meddling people, who come down to some perfectly contented class of the commuinity and sow the seeds of discontent among them. That is the reason why agitators are so absolutely necessary. - Oscar Wilde

By A Person
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:21 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: Yes. Offensive.

If there was a way to display that on your car and you could be assured no harm would come to you or your car would you put it on your car?

No, of course not, it would be inappropriate. I also would not put a symbol of torture and killing on my car either.

But it does put your 'beyond offensive' in perspective.

By RebelSnake
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:49 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:

One could easily argue that the Evolve fish symbol is a symbol of hate and intolerance as well.

How so? I've never seen or read anything that would suggest that.

BecauseHeLives wrote: These are the same kind of people responsible for segregation and slavery before that.

OK. Getting rediculous now.

Why is it rediculous? It's the same kinds of attitudes now as then.

Unknown

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Quote: How so? I've never seen or read anything that would suggest that.

Well if you purposely place a symbol on your car knowing that it will inflame another group that you don't agree with I think lots of people would look at that as having a bit of "hate" built into the motives. Christians don't put fish symbols on there car to inflame atheists, deists, or agnostics. Its typically a symbol that is placed there so that other Christians will recognize them.

By Nfidel
Guest Columnist
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm

By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:36 pm

[quote="BecauseHeLives"] Quote: Christians don't put fish symbols on there car to inflame atheists, deists, or agnostics. Its typically a symbol that is placed there so that other Christians will recognize them.

wait a second. Couldn't atheists put their symbol on their car for the same reason?

I feel left out: My thinking is God created evolution (the millions and billions of years kind). I have no symbol!

By Liv
Executive Editor
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Maybe it wasn't humans that did it, sanjuro? Maybe God struck your car down from heaven to show you he is there?

By A Person
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:40 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: Well if you purposely place a symbol on your car knowing that it will inflame another group that you don't agree with I think lots of people would look at that as having a bit of "hate" built into the motives.

Why should a mild spoof on a fish 'inflame' anyone? The fish is not a sacred symbol and does not belong to Xians.

I don't put the symbol on my car because the intolerance of Xians to the mildest hint of disagreement results in a wildly inappropriate response. For the same reason I don't 'advertise' that I'm an atheist as I do not wish to be a target.

Yet you're the one who's always crying 'hate', 'intolerance' and 'persecution'?
Strange.

By RebelSnake
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:56 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: Quote: How so? I've never seen or read anything that would suggest that.

Well if you purposely place a symbol on your car knowing that it will inflame another group that you don't agree with I think lots of people would look at that as having a bit of "hate" built into the motives. Christians don't put fish symbols on there car to inflame atheists, deists, or agnostics. Its typically a symbol that is placed there so that other Christians will recognize them.

Now you claim to know other people's motives, huh? And on top of that, you're second guessing "lots of people" and their reactions and how they feel about things. A lot of organizations and groups have their own distinctive symbols they utilize for recognition by other members of the same group. No one group has a patent on any particular symbol and I'm positive no group goes out of their way to purposely offend anyone, despite what some idiots may think.

Unknown

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Quote: Now you claim to know other people's motives, huh?

Many times motives are quite obvious. If they didn't want to offend other people they would have used a symbol that is distinctly different from the symbol that Christians commonly used. I can't think of another explanation. Can you? Maybe a bunch of evolutionists were sitting around one day and decided they needed a symbol and they just happened to come up with the fish symbol? Get real.

Quote: And on top of that, you're second guessing "lots of people" and their reactions and how they feel about things. A lot of organizations and groups have their own distinctive symbols they utilize for recognition by other members of the same group.

Yep. And they are distintive to that organization. They don't take an existing symbol and add to it typically as that might involve legal issues.

Quote:
No one group has a patent on any particular symbol

Many symbols are trademarked. I'm sure the fish symbol probably isn't. But its widely known the fish symbol, especially how it is displayed, is common to Christians for 1900 years. Others have purposely taken that symbol and distorted it to poke fun at the other group.

Quote: and I'm positive no group goes out of their way to purposely offend anyone, despite what some idiots may think.

Let me use your quote here: "Now you claim to know other people's motives, huh?". Boy that was fun.

By RebelSnake
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:20 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:

Quote: and I'm positive no group goes out of their way to purposely offend anyone, despite what some idiots may think.

Let me use your quote here: "Now you claim to know other people's motives, huh?". Boy that was fun.

Provide documentation of a group purposely offending people and for no other reason than that. It's called being civil with those around you, otherwise known as common sense.

Unknown

By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:21 pm

RebelSnake wrote: BecauseHeLives wrote:

Provide documentation of a group purposely offending people and for no other reason than that. It's called being civil with those around you, otherwise known as common sense.

You are babbling now. What are you talking about?

By RebelSnake
Features Reporter
Published: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Quote: If they didn't want to offend other people they would have used a symbol that is distinctly different from the symbol that Christians commonly used.

Quote: Others have purposely taken that symbol and distorted it to poke fun at the other group.

Quote: You are babbling now. What are you talking about?

Provide proof of your asinine claims.
BecauseHeLives

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:51 pm

How about your first post in this thread?
BecauseHeLives

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:How about your first post in this thread?

And how would you describe the creeps that vandalized Sanjuro's car in the middle of the night?
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 pm

RebelSnake wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:How about your first post in this thread?

And how would you describe the creeps that vandalized Sanjuro's car in the middle of the night?

They are creeps. However, your hatred for Christians make you automatically assume this was an act done by Christians. Guilty without the slightest proof seems to be OK with you. Even if it was found to me somebody claiming to be Christian you are quite happy and all too eager to lump all Christians into the same category.
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 pm

I'm still amazed that anyone could associate displaying a Darwin fish with a hate crime and defend vandalism. It's so bizarre I still can't really believe that BHL is serious.
A Person

Postby Sanjuro » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote: /
They are creeps. However, your hatred for Christians make you automatically assume this was an act done by Christians. Guilty without the slightest proof seems to be OK with you. Even if it was found to me somebody claiming to be Christian you are quite happy and all too eager to lump all Christians into the same category.

No but the moderate ones protect the crazy one just as you are doing now, BHL. By trying to give "what ifs" and "maybes" in the face of hard evidence protects the nutjobs. This is repeated over and over, and all it does is prevent us from saying.. "these christians are nutjobs" because "christian" is a very encompassing word and (for whatever reason) people like yourself feel the ground they stand on is too shaky to be able to finally say.. "Yes, there are fanatical christians" out of fear you will be somehow lesser for it, or that it might belittle your cause.
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm still amazed that anyone could associate displaying a Darwin fish with a hate crime and defend vandalism. It's so bizarre I still can't really believe that BHL is serious

I'm amazed that you could make that conclusion from what I've posted.

I've came out and said I though it was wrong. The guys are creeps. Besides... Mr logical one... why do you assume it was a hate crime? Also, explain how I was defending vandalism?

You need to come out of left field. The sun's in your eyes.
BecauseHeLives

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:28 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:

You sure do assume an awful lot. First of all, I don't hate christians. Secondly, since the vandals zeroed right in on his evolve fish sticker, it's quite apparent they disapprove of evolution. And christians are the largest anti-evolutionary group around so it's a safe assumption they're probably self-confessed christians. And last but certainly not least I never "lump" all of anybody into any particular category. However the one group I would never lumpp you into would be christian.
RebelSnake

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Quote: American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source hate crime
n. A crime motivated by prejudice against a social group: "[His]murders were hate crimes targeting victims by gender" (Jane Caputi and Diana E.H. Russell).

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source
Main Entry: hate crime
Function: noun
: a crime that violates the victim's civil rights and that is motivated by hostility to the victim's race, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Sanjuro wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote: /

No but the moderate ones protect the crazy one just as you are doing now, BHL. By trying to give "what ifs" and "maybes" in the face of hard evidence protects the nutjobs. This is repeated over and over, and all it does is prevent us from saying.. "these christians are nutjobs" because "christian" is a very encompassing word and (for whatever reason) people like yourself feel the ground they stand on is too shaky to be able to finally say.. "Yes, there are fanatical christians" out of fear you will be somehow lesser for it, or that it might belittle your cause.

Sanjuro... what hard evidence do you have that this crime was related to "fanatical" Christians? Do you even have one shred of tiny evidence? Do you? You claim to have "hard evidence" but you haven't come out with what it is.

You, like RS, seem to enjoy lumping all Christians into one little convenient group when you get crazies doing things like this and I'm getting a little bit fed up with it. I've never ran into so many radical fanatical thinkers on this board anywhere else. You guys really think you are normal and that's the sad part.
BecauseHeLives

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:36 pm

What's your point RS? I think we all know what a hate crime is.

Where's the intent? Where is the evidence? A trashed car doesn't imply a hate crime.
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:I'm amazed that you could make that conclusion from what I've posted.

BecauseHeLives wrote:But, the evolve fish is more than just offensive. Its taking a CHRISTIAN symbol and defiling and ridiculing it.
I think lots of people would look at that as having a bit of "hate" built into the motives.
You've pretty much accused Sanjuro of a hate crime and suggested that he brought it on himself by being intolerant. But I apologize if I've misunderstod what you were trying to say.
A Person

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 pm

I've never ran into so many radical fanatical thinkers on this board anywhere else. You guys really think you are normal and that's the sad part.

You're the one basing your whole life on an old book full of talking serpents, burning bushes, people turning into salt and people rising from the dead and you think we're sad? "Radical, fanatical"?? And you don't promote hate do you? The only word you actually got right was "Thinkers".
RebelSnake

Postby Liv » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Wow, I leave work and come back... and 20 responses! Wow.

Okay... Sanjuro stated their was a fish on his car right? Knowing this, and assuming their are no other odd controversial things about his car (like a pink paint job, and giant nuts hanging from the tow hitch) then isn't it likely to assume this event is based on religious intolerance?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:46 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:What's your point RS? I think we all know what a hate crime is.

Where's the intent? Where is the evidence? A trashed car doesn't imply a hate crime.

But putting the fish on there to begin with does?
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:47 pm

You've pretty much accused Sanjuro of a hate crime and suggested that he brought it on himself by being intolerant. But I apologize if I've misunderstod what you were trying to say.

If Sanjuro took it that way then I apologize as well. It wasn't meant that way. The thought was that a person should not be too surprised if their vehicle is vandelized if they have something on it that might be construed as offensive to a good bit of people. I'm not trying to legitimize the crime at all in any way whatsoever. Its a black and white issue... no excuse for the crime. Sanjuro has the right to display any message on his vehicle but maybe a little caution is in order.

If I put an anti-gay sticker on my auto would I be wise to park it in San Francisco? Would it be wise for me to place a blackface sticker on my car and drive through harlem? Would I be wise to put a "I hate cops" bumper sticker on my car and drive down the highway?
BecauseHeLives

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:48 pm

RebelSnake wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:What's your point RS? I think we all know what a hate crime is.

But putting the fish on there to begin with does?

you're babbling again
BecauseHeLives

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:52 pm

Matt wrote:Maybe Sanjuro pissed somebody off. Maybe it had nothing to do with religion. Maybe he drives like a woman and changes lanes without signaling.

I'm guessing he owns a car that is made by a manufacturer whose country of origin is outside the U.S.. There used to be Dana which made car parts. Maybe it's a laid off Dana worker pissed because the car Sanjuro bought sent his job over seas.

Maybe Sanjuro has a psycho ex girlfriend that just happens to live by his friend now. No way to know if was a guy that did this.

Careful there Matt. You won't be popular for suggesting that! RS will likely attack you now....
BecauseHeLives

PreviousNext

Return to WWJD?