Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

SFI Bible Study - part 19

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby RebelSnake » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:You know, in Ephesians 5:1, it commands Christians to imitate God. So if God is completely without moral restraint, and can kill babies while still being equated with "love"...

Need I complete the syllogism here? :roll:

Now there's a real conundrum isn't it? The bible commands them to imitate their god, but lo and behold when they do(in the more violent OT ways) they are summarily convicted of transgressing against man's laws and punished to the full extent (sometimes) of said law. Sounds like they're caught between a rock and a hard place does it not?
RebelSnake

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:You know, in Ephesians 5:1, it commands Christians to imitate God. So if God is completely without moral restraint, and can kill babies while still being equated with "love"...

Need I complete the syllogism here? :roll:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Surely you don't interpret the passage that way? Purposely misinterpretation is lying and this type of lying is the worst.
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Maybe God should've got a better lawyer to write the bible. It's very easy to rationalize what it says to match what you want it to mean when it's full of so many ambiguous and contradictory sayings.

The bible says "We should emulate god" but that has to be interpreted as only by imitiating the nice things that god does, killing children for making fun of old baldy is not nice, so don't imitiate that bit.
A Person

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:20 pm

A Person wrote:Maybe God should've got a better lawyer to write the bible. It's very easy to rationalize what it says to match what you want it to mean when it's full of so many ambiguous and contradictory sayings.

The bible says "We should emulate god" but that has to be interpreted as only by imitiating the nice things that god does, killing children for making fun of old baldy is not nice, so don't imitiate that bit.

Contextual misapplication to the fullest. But its expected of skeptics. It sure makes for good discussions at the UC.
BecauseHeLives

Postby Rusty » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 am

I cant find the bible reference, is it Deuteronomy 11? I left my bible by the side of the road a long time ago. He tied his ass to a tree.... Another awful joke from my cult childhood: Who was the first carpenter? Eve she made Adam's banana stand.
https://twitter.com/#!/RustyBertrand
Rusty

Previous

Return to WWJD?