Or Allah for that matter?

Postby A Person » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Well that answered my question.
A Person

Postby A Person » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:13 pm

I've read some of the strips. Why?
A Person

Postby BecauseHeLives » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:08 pm

Both of you guys are offending me. I'm going to tell a moderator.

:)
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:32 pm

The Gospel of Peanuts wrote:Linus:
Dear Great Pumpkin,

I am looking forward to your arrival on Halloween night. I hope you will bring me lots of presents. Everyone tells me you are a fake, but I believe in you.

Sincerely, Linus van Pelt.

PS - if you really are a fake, don't tell me. I don't want to know.
A Person

Postby Questioner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:54 am

A Person wrote:Now we're just going round in circles

You got somethin' against circles, mon?
We ain't got no stinkin' circles around here! :lol:
Questioner

Postby A Person » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:15 pm

That depends on whether the circles are transcribed widdershins or deiseil.
A Person

Postby BecauseHeLives » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:22 pm

BecauseHeLives

Postby Questioner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:08 pm

A Person wrote:That depends on whether the circles are transcribed widdershins or deiseil.

Perhaps you meant deasil? Doesn't matter whether they are transcribed clockwise or counter clockwise. We ain't got no stinkin' circles round here man!
Questioner

Postby A Person » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Questioner wrote:Perhaps you meant deasil?
You correcting my Gaelic, Honey?

Them's fighting words. Do you have your Sail-Éille (Shillelagh to you) handy?
A Person

Postby A Person » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Ain't this one a beaut

The work of God apparently
Neil A. D. Olsen, wrote: The biggest, the most prolific and the most complex crop circle pictograms have been Stars of David formations (pages 99, 104 CCD), an appropriate modern symbol for Christ, and, best of all, the ram’s horn/shofar/trumpet formations (page 111 CCD) announcing Christ’s return, both of which are important symbols in the book of Revelation. Several Old Testament prophets predicted the Day of the Lord would be announced with a ram’s horn trumpet (Isaiah 27:13; Joel 2:1, 15; Zeph. 1:16; Zec. 9:14). Likewise, so does Paul in the New Testament (1 Cor. 15:52; Heb. 12:19). Christ told his disciples that His Second Advent would be announced by “He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call” (Matt. 24:31). The most important symbolism in the book of Revelation is the trumpets announcing the middle seven of twenty-one Judgments by Christ (Rev. 8:6-13; 9:1-31; 10:7).
http://www.cropcirclesdeciphered.com/crop_circles_fact_or_fiction.htm

Except for the ones created by Satan
Neil A. D. Olsen, wrote:We always have to be on our guard against the “ …deceiver and an antichrist” (2 John 7) who comes shortly before Christ declaring himself to be God (2 Thess. 2:4) and “…the work of Satan [is] displayed [at Christ’s Second Advent] in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders” (2 Thess. 2:9). Paul, describing Christ’s Second Advent, wrote “…for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light” (2 Cor. 11:14). The word Satan literally means “the accuser” and thus the spirit of Satan is certainly responsible for hoaxing/circle faking, government disinformation and crop circle ridicule by the mainstream press. However, since Satan denies Christ he is very unlikely to use Biblical symbols such as the Star of David and ram’s horn trumpets that point to the Second Advent of Jesus Christ. But even if the devil is behind the entire crop circle phenomenon, then he is shooting himself in the foot by using symbols from the Bible’s book of Revelation because it means that the Second Advent of Jesus Christ can’t be far behind. Either way I believe crop circles are at least part of the fulfillment of the “,,,signs on the earth below” prophesy of Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:19.
A Person

Postby Questioner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 pm

A Person wrote:Ain't this one a beaut
The work of God apparently

Boy if I was a farmer and somebody destroyed that much of my crop by knocking down the plants, I'd be one furious cookie. But I be laughing all the way to the bank if I was the farmer who made a lot more money off the photos and National Enquirer reports of the aliens that made crop circles on my land.
Questioner

Postby Questioner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:11 pm

A Person wrote:
Questioner wrote:Perhaps you meant deasil?
You correcting my Gaelic, Honey?

Them's fighting words. Do you have your Sail-Éille (Shillelagh to you) handy?

I'm a thoroughly modern Celtic gal. Keep your shillelagh. I'll get a Glock instead. Then you will think twice about messing with this ole Cowgirl.
Questioner

Postby A Person » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Questioner wrote:Boy if I was a farmer and somebody destroyed that much of my crop by knocking down the plants, I'd be one furious cookie. But I be laughing all the way to the bank if I was the farmer who made a lot more money off the photos and National Enquirer reports of the aliens that made crop circles on my land.
The farmers are usually quite happy if the circle is a good one.

Crop circles are treated as legitimate tourist attractions in Wiltshire. One made in 1996 got more visitors than Stonehenge and the farmer grossed about £30,000 in four weeks by charging a pound a person.

Assuming a formation isn't heavily visited, the farmer will be able to lower the blades on his combine and harvest the flattened crop away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2191565.stm](£30,000 = $60,000). Not bad :shock:
A Person

Postby Questioner » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:36 pm

A Person wrote:Crop circles are treated as legitimate tourist attractions in Wiltshire. One made in 1996 got more visitors than Stonehenge and the farmer grossed about £30,000 in four weeks by charging a pound a person.
For that amount of money a month (around $60,000 U.S.), I'd take the tractor out there and make the circles myself.

A Person wrote:Assuming a formation isn't heavily visited, the farmer will be able to lower the blades on his combine and harvest the flattened crop away.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2191565.stm](£30,000 = $60,000). Not bad :shock:

Interesting. The 2 programs I watched on PBS (or was it Discovery) on crop circles claimed that the wheat couldn't be harvested because the machines couldn't rake that low. If you can get the money from tourists AND still have your crop, this would be a wise investment indeed.
Questioner

Postby A Person » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Questioner wrote:I'd take the tractor out there and make the circles myself.
A tractor doesn't work. The technique is quite simple and requires shoes without treads and a 4' 1" x 8" board on a rope loop.

You have to access the circle via a pre-existing equipment track and all the circles have to connect otherwise the tracks give it away and that spoils the value.

If you want to make an 'authentic' (one of the 20% that 'could not have been made by man') circle you take other things like magnetite powder, sulphur or the whites from a dozen eggs and scatter them or place them at strategic places in the circle. That engenders great awe from the cerealologists and increases the value of the circle.
A Person

Postby Questioner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 am

A Person wrote:
Questioner wrote:I'd take the tractor out there and make the circles myself.
A tractor doesn't work. The technique is quite simple and requires shoes without treads and a 4' 1" x 8" board on a rope loop.

You have to access the circle via a pre-existing equipment track and all the circles have to connect otherwise the tracks give it away and that spoils the value.

If you want to make an 'authentic' (one of the 20% that 'could not have been made by man') circle you take other things like magnetite powder, sulphur or the whites from a dozen eggs and scatter them or place them at strategic places in the circle. That engenders great awe from the cerealologists and increases the value of the circle.

Well poopie then. I can't walk that kind of distance. Guess I'll be forced to remain honest.
Questioner

Postby A Person » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:27 pm

Matt wrote:Why do you ridicule and belittle other people's beliefs/nonbeliefs?
A Person

Previous

Return to WWJD?