Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

God loves Gays, and Finally Sends Jerry Falwell to Hell

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby BecauseHeLives » Sun May 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Questioner wrote:
A Person wrote:If Hitler in his last moments in the bunker recognised the evil that he had done and repented of it and asked Jesus for forgiveness then that would be forthcoming.
You are correct in your understanding of forgiveness. But the stories we have of Hitler's end (if true) are pretty much proof positive he did not repent at the end. Killing Eva Braun and then himself would not indicate repentence.

What Questioner said. Agreed.

That's why its called AMAZING grace.... because it truly is.
BecauseHeLives

Postby dflynn5656 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:33 pm

It6 would seem that the discussion needs to be parsed before we can agree or disagree:

Homosexual temptations may not be voluntary.

Homosexual actions are voluntary.

Temptations are not a sin

Acting on them is.

Here's the core question that baffles me...

Is someone who is tempted (involuntarily) but never acts upon it a homosexual?

What say you all?
dflynn5656

Postby dflynn5656 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:44 pm

It may be that I have found the answer to my own question. A person who is internaly "wired" to be gay via either genetic (if there are any such factors) or environmental reasons - but DOES NOT ACT ON those impulses is apparently called a faggotroid.

This is a person of quasi-gay status, who would be shunned by both groups until he "puriffies" to one state or the other. Therefore the state may not be a "state" as such but only exist as a "transition", Unless a "faggotroid" gene can be found.

Continuing...

Apparently - a person who asserted that a faggotroid was gay prematurly would be guilty of making a "faggotorical comment".
dflynn5656

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sun May 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Sounds like the death-knell for another Big "F"-controlled thread to me. Perhaps we can re-visit this when Fred Phelps drops dead at one of his rallies... :roll:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Questioner » Sun May 20, 2007 11:23 pm

dflynn5656 wrote:It may be that I have found the answer to my own question. A person who is internaly "wired" to be gay via either genetic (if there are any such factors) or environmental reasons - but DOES NOT ACT ON those impulses is apparently called a faggotroid.

This kind of vile, hateful and ugly post proves to me that you are not Catholic. You claim to be a Catholic Catechist, yet you were completely unaware of the relevant portions of the Catholic Catechism that spoke to homosexuality. And now you are violating the precepts of that catechism which says Gays are to be treated with compassion, sensitivity and respect.

There is no respect, no compassion and certainly no sensitivity in this posting. Just more discrimination and hatred. Which the Catholic catechism forbids. If you were a Catholic, much less a Catholic Catechist as you claim, your posts would be very different.
Questioner

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:01 am

There's nothing Vile in the post - it is purely clinical. Frankly - I found it on a google search trying to answer my own question...which you no doubt would have found a few minutes later yourself the same way.

Apparently - this is an older problem than we realized.

A Faggotroid is a "state" or temporary condition, rather than a permanent class of "gayness". To even discuss the matter is the advent of the "faggotorical comment" - which I suppose we are now in the process of.

Also - apparently - there are even tee shirts emblazoned as such. I'll leave the rest to you and google. Have fun. I have other more important stuff to resolve before the work week coming.
dflynn5656

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:04 am

Questioner wrote:
dflynn5656 wrote:It may be that I have found the answer to my own question. A person who is internaly "wired" to be gay via either genetic (if there are any such factors) or environmental reasons - but DOES NOT ACT ON those impulses is apparently called a faggotroid.

This kind of vile, hateful and ugly post proves to me that you are not Catholic. You claim to be a Catholic Catechist, yet you were completely unaware of the relevant portions of the Catholic Catechism that spoke to homosexuality. And now you are violating the precepts of that catechism which says Gays are to be treated with compassion, sensitivity and respect.

There is no respect, no compassion and certainly no sensitivity in this posting. Just more discrimination and hatred. Which the Catholic catechism forbids. If you were a Catholic, much less a Catholic Catechist as you claim, your posts would be very different.

Questioner I am not unaware of the churches teaching in the CCC. I had to buy the book obviously for classes - and it was reviewed in french prior to release by my instructor. In fact everyone knows the churches position on Gays, "love the sinner and hate the sin" is the famous summation.

The problem is the you have tried to use the text to "absolve" practicing homosexuals - this is a missrepresentation of the churches teaching.

Your version would be "love the sinner and assume the sin isn't a sin because God did made the person that way" twisting the CCC's passages that attempt to welcome back repentant sinners.

I backed off on you because you WERE at least reading the CCC. That is a posative step - even if you don't understand it any better than the comments of Paul regarding women (missing the last proverb).

My point is that you have your nose in the bible and the CCC. So I will assume that you are trying. It would be no different than if RebelSnake went to an IQ raising seminar....I would be impressed - even if he didn't leave smarter - because he was trying.

Agreed?

And I might ask - what's so insensitive about classifing stages of gayness or proto-gayness by name, type and duration?

Why isn't "gay" considered inflamitory. The term Gay doesn't speak to the matter at hand - it's just a stupid label.
dflynn5656

Postby A Person » Mon May 21, 2007 3:07 am

I'm sure that even someone as socially inept as you is aware that faggot is a derogatory and unacceptable term when applied to a person. It's only acceptable when referring to a bundle of wood.

Finding the word on Google does not mean that it's acceptable, as I'm sure you're aware.
A Person

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:17 am

A Person wrote:I'm sure that even someone as socially inept as you is aware that faggot is a derogatory and unacceptable term when applied to a person. It's only acceptable when referring to a bundle of wood.

Finding the word on Google does not mean that it's acceptable, as I'm sure you're aware.

The word used wasn't faggot - and I don't attempt to "sharpen" my politically correct lexicon in MOST areas of sexual deviation. I'm glad you are up on all the terms however - since we do need a few folks to make sure we don't use the wrong term describing any of the assorted human preversions that exist today.

I concentrate on reducing their number -

Rather than making sure not to use the wrong term describing the latest sexual mix of human and ...whatever.

Guess that makes me a little less noble...(snicker)
dflynn5656

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:19 am

Personally - I believe faggotroid to sounds rather 21st century. It's like andriod...kinda cool actually.

I may even order one of the Tee Shirts....I'm just not sure who I'd have wear it....

SouthernFried?
dflynn5656

Postby A Person » Mon May 21, 2007 4:48 pm

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
A Person

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:54 pm

A Person wrote:The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Agreed....
dflynn5656

Postby A Person » Mon May 21, 2007 9:02 pm

A Person

Postby dflynn5656 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:04 pm

A Person wrote:Image

But - I've then, been telling her (Questioner) that over the last 3 threads -
dflynn5656

Postby RebelSnake » Tue May 22, 2007 12:36 am

dflynn5656 wrote:
The word used wasn't faggot - and I don't attempt to "sharpen" my politically correct lexicon in MOST areas of sexual deviation. I'm glad you are up on all the terms however - since we do need a few folks to make sure we don't use the wrong term describing any of the assorted human preversions that exist today.

Rather than making sure not to use the wrong term describing the latest sexual mix of human and ...whatever.

At least it landed you in the Gay and Lesbian News.
http://www.buzztracker.com/category/gay_and_lesbian
Just look about halfway down the page.
RebelSnake

Postby dflynn5656 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:53 am

RebelSnake wrote:
dflynn5656 wrote:

At least it landed you in the Gay and Lesbian News.
http://www.buzztracker.com/category/gay_and_lesbian
Just look about halfway down the page.

I think what they are keying on is the Hatred towards Jerry Fallwell. Nothing else in the thread is "new".
dflynn5656

Postby A Person » Tue May 22, 2007 1:44 am

dflynn5656 wrote:I think what they are keying on is the Hatred towards Jerry Fallwell. Nothing else in the thread is "new".
Completely delusional and as ignorant of Shakespeare as he is of relationships.
A Person

Postby RebelSnake » Tue May 22, 2007 12:53 pm

dflynn5656 wrote:I think what they are keying on is the Hatred towards Jerry Fallwell. Nothing else in the thread is "new".

I didn't say there was anything new in it.
RebelSnake

Postby dflynn5656 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Guys - your thinking is twisted. Converting Gays to straight is the mission of the church - not accomodating their actions and declairing them the fault of God.

You seek to punish those who don't think like you (Fallwell and others) but it is you who think wrongly. The very title of this thread is quite hateful.
dflynn5656

Postby BecauseHeLives » Tue May 22, 2007 2:26 pm

dflynn5656 wrote:Guys - your thinking is twisted. Converting Gays to straight is the mission of the church - not accomodating their actions and declairing them the fault of God.

You seek to punish those who don't think like you (Fallwell and others) but it is you who think wrongly. The very title of this thread is quite hateful.

You are quite wrong. The mission of the church is to spread the gospel of salvation first and foremost. If you aren't doing that then everything else doesn't matter. What does it matter to convert a homosexual to straight if he/she is still unsaved? Step one before step two I say.

I agree with many of your other points but not this one.
BecauseHeLives

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Tue May 22, 2007 3:10 pm

There certainly are plenty of churches that have gone into mourning over Falwell's death. There are three right in a row out on the Old Burlington highway. Might make for a good litmus test of churches -- if they have a marquee messages about how great a Christian Falwell was, then you can be sure they're as hateful and self-righteous as he was.

Eurrgh...!
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby A Person » Tue May 22, 2007 5:37 pm

dflynn5656 wrote:You seek to punish those who don't think like you (Fallwell and others) but it is you who think wrongly. The very title of this thread is quite hateful.
No one want's to punish Falwell, that's between him and his God. As far as I'm concerned he's dead and so is beyond punishement. Bt if you do believe in a loving, caring God then you'd have to wonder why he'd want Falwell around.

AllI want to do is to get those like him to worry about their own souls and leave others to look after theirs as they see fit. Be conforted that God will deal with them when the time comes. If he's not preprared to take action in this world why should you? Do you want to spoil His fun?
A Person

Postby Questioner » Wed May 23, 2007 3:47 pm

A Person wrote:Completely delusional and as ignorant of Shakespeare as he is of relationships.
Not unusual for closet gays to be especially virulent against other gays. Look at Ted Haggart. He preached loud and long against gays and lesbians--as does dflynn. No question about it, dflynn does fit the profile of a closet gay trying to deny his own predilections.
Questioner

Postby A Person » Wed May 23, 2007 4:25 pm

You mean a male in late middle age, narcissistically preoccupied with body image, unable to form a meaningful relationship with women, driven to dominate and obsessively anti-homosexual? Surely you jest!
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 pm

A Person wrote:You mean a male in late middle age, narcissistically preoccupied with body image, unable to form a meaningful relationship with women, driven to dominate and obsessively anti-homosexual? Surely you jest!

Sounds perfectly innocent to me. :shock:
SouthernFriedInfidel

PreviousNext

Return to WWJD?