Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Do American Soldiers go to Heaven?

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby BecauseHeLives » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 am

Liv wrote:I snuck into catholic mass one time with my aunt and uncle and did communion though I was explained afterwards that's a "no no" being a Methodist at the time.... Tasted just like wine to me... with was REALLY upsetting as all my church ever used was grape juice.

It is very dangerous to take communion without being in a right relationship with God. Just an FYI.
BecauseHeLives

Postby A Person » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:24 am

Catholic Churches are very dangerous places to be with or without communion Especially for children
A Person

Postby Liv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:It is very dangerous to take communion without being in a right relationship with God. Just an FYI.

Why would this be? I'm curious to your belief here? I can attest I suffered no ill effects from my years of communion in any of the various faiths that I partaken of it in. (Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, Baptist, Livist)
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby BecauseHeLives » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Liv wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:It is very dangerous to take communion without being in a right relationship with God. Just an FYI.

Why would this be? I'm curious to your belief here? I can attest I suffered no ill effects from my years of communion in any of the various faiths that I partaken of it in. (Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, Baptist, Livist)

1 Corinthians 11:27–32
27 Wherefore twhosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, uunworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, ewe are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

The ill-effects of unworthly taking part in communion are not always immediate so how do you know certain parts of your life were not the result of this?
BecauseHeLives

Postby Liv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:The ill-effects of unworthly taking part in communion are not always immediate so how do you know certain parts of your life were not the result of this?

I guess I never will.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby BecauseHeLives » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Liv wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:The ill-effects of unworthly taking part in communion are not always immediate so how do you know certain parts of your life were not the result of this?

I guess I never will.

Everything becomes known.
BecauseHeLives

Postby Sanjuro » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:
Liv wrote:

1 Corinthians 11:27–32
27 Wherefore twhosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, uunworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, ewe are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

The ill-effects of unworthly taking part in communion are not always immediate so how do you know certain parts of your life were not the result of this?

Probably the same way she knows that the world doesn't rest on pillars and the like.
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Postby Liv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:Everything becomes known.

Great, think you can pray a little "how to configure compound interest" knowledge my way for math class?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SoBored » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:55 am

JA JA ARE YOU LIKE 7 Y.O.
Really, such a dumb question only allowed for infants, GROW UP. :doh:
SoBored

Previous

Return to WWJD?