Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Saint Thomas

Or Allah for that matter?

Postby Liv » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 am

Caravaggio_-_The_Incredulity_of_Saint_Thomas.jpg
So I'm watching Lost, and well... I'm lost....

The Gospel of St. Thomas declares that the Kingdom of God exists upon the earth today if people just open their eyes. There is "divine light" within all of us, which allows us to see the Kingdom of God in our physical surroundings. The Image of God at the beginning of creation (Genesis 1) still exists today. We can assume that Image still, which is different than the image of fallen man (Adam) in Genesis 2. The Gospel of St. Thomas reveals that mankind can and should restore their identities to the image of God now, and see the Kingdom of God on earth now. This text treats the first two chapters of Genesis in a non-traditional way. It holds that there were two separate creations of mankind -- the first was perfect and the second was flawed. Rather than wait for a future end-time Kingdom to come, the writer of this book exhorts people to return to the perfect Kingdom conditions of Genesis 1 now.

Furthermore is Thomas a twin, or is it Judas.... or are they the same person, and if Jesus has a twin doesn't that mean that there's a sequel in all this?

I've opened a can of worms, haven't I?
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to WWJD?