Note to Self: Ford Taurus... Not Mud Bogg Off Road Truck

by
Published on April 18th, 2009, 1:42 pm
Rift: Sports

Liv woke up, tried to swap the cars around, and discovered she had put the front end of the Taurus in the ditch. Our ditch. It pratically swallowed up the whole front-end of the car. She then subsequently tried to remove the car under it's own power. That didn't work. Then tried to put boards under the tires. That didn't work. Then she tried to strap the two Tauruses together with a tie-down. The strap broke. Then she took the dog's tie out chain: a 1/4 inch thick cable which she wrapped 4 times between the frames of the two cars. The second Taurus couldn't get traction and left a big smoking cloud of tire as it attempted to yank the other car out.

Finally Dad called AAA. Two hours later the tow truck's wench even was having a hard time, but finally succeeded in pulling the car out of my own front yard. Note to self. Pull car out on street to swap in future.... and Taurus's aren't made for mud bogging, or tow truck duty.

DSCF7120.JPG

DSCF7123.JPG

You're an idiot Liv.
DSCF7125.JPG

DSCF7126.JPG

DSCF7128.JPG

DSCF7129.JPG

DSCF7130.JPG

DSCF7134.JPG
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
April 18th, 2009, 1:42 pm

You might as well throw a couple tomato plants in those holes. I never thought of using my Taurus as a tiller.
April 18th, 2009, 3:53 pm
Nfidel

A two wheel drive car! How quaint :P
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
April 18th, 2009, 5:29 pm
A Person

You know, if your tires had been a bit bigger...
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
April 18th, 2009, 10:04 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

A Person wrote:A two wheel drive car! How quaint :P

I was cussing at your car..... "Darn A.P. and his smarty pant's AWD...."

Why and the heck in 2009 they can't build all cars with limited slip differentials is beyond me, it doesn't even have to be AWD....

Not that it would have mattered much here.... The amount of force to get the car out was substantial....
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
April 19th, 2009, 8:53 am
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:
A Person wrote:A two wheel drive car! How quaint :P

I was cussing at your car..... "Darn A.P. and his smarty pant's AWD...."

Why and the heck in 2009 they can't build all cars with limited slip differentials is beyond me, it doesn't even have to be AWD....

Not that it would have mattered much here.... The amount of force to get the car out was substantial....

If both driving wheels are in soft mud an LSD isn't going to help. Besides LSD is so 1980's.

In 2011 Electronic stability control (ESC)will become mandatory on all new cars sold in the EC and the US will follow in 2012. That means that they will have antilock brakes and traction control as well. That's more versatile and effective than LSD. But I expect you can still get stuck in a ditch if you try. :P
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
April 19th, 2009, 11:36 am
A Person

Return to Sports