·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

The Z5 : Secret Israel Alloy Improves Gas Milege by 40%?

by Liv | Published on June 12th, 2009, 8:21 am | Sports
I'm always a bit skeptical about gas saving devices. After all, if it worked... Ford would have figured it out, right?
Some kid over in Israel developed a gas saving device made out of a secret alloy which supposedly increases gas milege and power up to 40% called the Z5.

To me it looks suspiciously like The Tornado, and indeed, this article seems to suggest the increase in power isn't due to the alloy but how it effects the flow of the air (similarly to the Tornado)

Though Badash learned physics at high school and is already doing math at university courses, the knowledge he needed to come up with the special metal alloys in his device didn't come from either of these places. "I realized that there has to be something with all the technologies around us that isn't done, that could be," he says.

The device he developed changes -- for a fraction of a second -- the way air behaves when going into the combustion chamber. This change allows the engine to use air more efficiently, saving fuel and giving more thrust at the same time.

So what's the point of the "secret alloy?"

The actually website for the Z5 is down.

Apparently some are now requesting a Nobel Prize for for the Z5:

He thinks Badash should win a Nobel Prize for the Z5.

Personally I've been curious about mounting a Peltier plate in the airbox, and seeing if there was enough of an effect to condense the air.

Liv wrote:I'm always a bit skeptical about gas saving devices

Good strategy. it's another hoax. I can confidently say that without knowing the details of this particular device, because of the claims being made.

The device he developed changes -- for a fraction of a second -- the way air behaves when going into the combustion chamber. This change allows the engine to use air more efficiently, saving fuel and giving more thrust at the same time.
Fitted onto the air filter that goes to the combustion chambers
It can be fitted to new cars, or old ones, diesel, hybrid, buses -- basically any combustion engine, even power plants

A device fitted to the air filter? That works with carburetted and fuel injected engines of any type or design? Including power plants! By somehow training the air at some point in advance of the combustion chamber?

Karma Singh would be proud.

Liv wrote:Personally I've been curious about mounting a Peltier plate in the airbox, and seeing if there was enough of an effect to condense the air.

You'll have to explain what you mean by that. Air 'condenses' (liquifies) at around -190C. To chill any volume of air to this temperature would require huge amounts of power
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
June 12th, 2009, 10:31 am
A Person

Prolly means increase the compression. Not really sure how that might happen, though.
June 12th, 2009, 10:35 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Code: Select all
preg_replace('condense','make air more dense',$liv);
June 12th, 2009, 11:12 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

So yeah -- compress. Will not work. Cheers!
June 12th, 2009, 11:27 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Did it again didn't I..... You'll have to excuse me... I've been buried the last few days in code...... my ability to function in a normal sense has been heavily diminished....
June 12th, 2009, 2:55 pm
Liv

Z5 website is working fine. You have encoded the link erroneously. Here it is http://www.z55555.com

Cheers! :D
December 29th, 2009, 1:51 am
Green

Looking at the data sheets it appears the power gains for even what they posted is in minuscule.

Why isn't ram-air kits aren't more prevalent? Now there's something you could sell and would work.
December 29th, 2009, 10:54 am
Liv

Award winning dubious math

z5.jpg
After only two tanks, the Z5 has paid for itself
z5.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 803 times

They are charging $208 for the magical device - so it would have to save $104 per tank?

Now maybe BHL puts that much gas in his tank, but it would have to actually generate money to give me a payback.
December 30th, 2009, 3:09 pm
A Person

Now THERE'S a product I could use! A device that puts money in my glove box as I drive. Coolness! :lol:
December 30th, 2009, 3:21 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to Sports