·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

So who else watched the UK vs USA?

by Sanjuro | Published on June 14th, 2010, 8:36 am | Sports
So, Im a pretty big fan of the World Cup. Been watching some games and certainly made a point to check out the UK vs USA on Saturday.

As we all know, a complete stroke of luck kept us in (us meaning I'm pulling for USA naturally :P ) moving up to the next round, and unfortunately a certain goalie will never be able to live his performance down.

So without further adieu...

I present to you, the UK goalie's favorite snack:
http://i.imgur.com/h9NdV.jpg

Oh look, Sir Patrick Stewart went to the game...

Incidentally, BP has a new plan to stop the leak...
http://i.imgur.com/c30py.png

Jokes aside, watching Germany play was like poetry in motion. I actually felt really bad for Australia. How humiliating. Although I think the USA's participation might be short lived, I can't wait to see whats next!

Anyone else watching??

I only saw a few minutes of the game between Mexico and South Africa the other day. I may ramp up my interest in the whole process, but it will take a while.
June 14th, 2010, 8:52 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Librul Democrat Soccer fans. Reel conservatives hate soccer

Glenn Beck wrote:It doesn't matter how you try to sell it to us, it doesn't matter how many celebrities you get, it doesn't matter how many bars open early, it doesn't matter how many beer commercials they run, we don't want the World Cup, we don't like the World Cup, we don't like soccer, we want nothing to do with it.
I hate it so much, probably because the rest of the world likes it so much, and they riot over it, and they continually try to jam it down our throat.
Obama's policies are the World Cup" of political thought.

Fox makes everything a divisive political issue :roll:

BTW I am not a soccer fan and I didn't watch the game. :lol:
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
June 14th, 2010, 11:22 am
A Person

In Somalia it's been decided that's it's unIslamic to watch soccer

BBCSomali militants have threatened football fans they will be publicly flogged - or worse - if they are caught watching the World Cup on TV.

Gangs of Islamists are reported to be patrolling the areas they control looking for people watching games.

Dedicated fans are watching matches in secret, or in the few areas controlled by government forces.

On Saturday militants killed two people as they attacked a house where people were watching a game.

Militant group Hizbul-Islam also arrested 10 others at the house north-east of the capital Mogadishu where fans were watching the game between Argentina and Nigeria.

'Mad men'

A spokesman for the group, Sheikh Mohamed Abdi Aros said the rest of Somalia should respect their ban on the World Cup.

"We are warning all the youth of Somalia not to dare watch these World Cup matches. It is a waste of money and time and they will not benefit anything or get any experience by watching mad men jumping up and down," he said.

June 14th, 2010, 12:43 pm
A Person

I bet these people would have LOVED living among the Pilgrims. Except for the whole "OUR book is holy, not YOURS!" business of course.
June 14th, 2010, 12:52 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Return to Sports