·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Dubai Tennis. FINALLY! The rich can attack pedestrians!

by Sanjuro | Published on December 13th, 2007, 10:13 am | Sports
Check out this tennis court, located atop the Burj Al Arab in Dubai

tennis_5.jpg

It's ok.. you can crap your pants now.

And since Dubai seems to have a major compensation issues, naturally It's the world's highest. When not used for extreme sport matches, it doubles as a helicopter landing pad.

Check out this video of Andre Agassi and some random dude playing on this bowel cleanser:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3qju3_tennis_extreme

Of course it only gets really good when Andre gets bored and starts slapping balls down to the people below... which is of course would have been the first thing I would have done! Only with liquid.. and by liquid I mean pee... and by pee I mean from me!. :twisted:

7054-450x-tennis_2.jpg

I never used to be scare of heights... but my legs are getting shakey just watching that video.
December 13th, 2007, 10:36 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Yeah, that's crazy.. I can't imagine what the wind must be like. There is no way one could get a real game of Tennis going is there?
December 13th, 2007, 11:03 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I mean, what if by some chance you momentarily forget that you're 80 floors about the ground, and you go in for one of those extreme Tennis saves.... and then you do the Wiley coyote. Technically it could be a new death sport? Sumo wrestiling... the first one knocked out.... dies.
December 13th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:I mean, what if by some chance you momentarily forget that you're 80 floors about the ground, and ou go in for one of those extreme Tennis saves..

This gets me thinking.. we SO need them to build ACC basketball courts up on this thing!
December 13th, 2007, 8:22 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Hell I shot some hoops today, and got upset everytime I had to chase the Basketball into the woods. Who the hell is going to go get the ball when you miss on this thing? Although I'm sure, balls are expendable.
December 13th, 2007, 8:44 pm
Liv

dubai_hotel_head_shoulders.jpg

We now know where Dubai got their building design.
January 17th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Liv

And then there's the 'No Tears' Traders Hotel Office Tower

11020Shangri-La_Traders_Hotel_Office_Tower.jpg
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
January 17th, 2010, 1:05 pm
A Person

Return to Sports