·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

GM developing enhanced windsheilds

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on July 18th, 2008, 7:54 am | Sports
As I start the journey into my 50's, I have started to encounter the botheration of weakened eye power, particularly at night. Driving after sunset has gotten noticeably less easy in the past couple of years. I know I'm far from being alone in this. I have a lot of friends and relatives who simply refuse to drive after sunset, and they tie their trips to make sure they are at their final destination for the day before it starts to get dark.

Now, GM is working to develop a technology that will potentially make night driving much easier for older drivers. I expect that the array of sensors, lasers and windshield coatings will be mega-expensive... but once they can standardize it and mass-produce it, it could improve matters quite a lot. I hope they succeed.

I'm the same way SFI. Since I've been doing computers for so long, my eyesight especially at night requires a good deal more effort then driving during the day. I did find however it's well worth the investment of the "brighter" bulbs for your car, like the "Silverstar" bulbs at the auto store. It's only $50.00 and really improves nighttime driving. It's a fairly easy upgrade, and I've done it several times now... I figure for the money, if it provides any chance at increasing safety it's worth it.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
July 18th, 2008, 12:28 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Sports