·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

LOST

by Liv | Published on February 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm | Arts
lost.jpg

So tonight marks the night I've been waiting for now for almost a year. The final season of Lost. To say I'm a fan is to completely understate my disposition. The show and the writing has talked to me. So much so that last year I felt the show was a sign that I had to get back to my "island". I promptly purchased two tickets to the island of Britannia and boarded a plane. Honestly it did change my life. I've accomplished more in the last 12 months then many people do in decades. Sure life isn't perfect but it's turned out pretty darn good.

So tonight the show comes back. Will it deliver another interesting epiphany? Will I merely be entertained, or is LOST the secret to life itself? Either way I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.

I love the ad for Lost, it sums it up perfectly: Is destiny a matter of chance, or a matter of choice?

I hope this season inspires another truly wonderful journey. I could seriously use a grand vacation! Even though it drives me crazy with frustration I guess I should be thankful that you've chosen this show to be so influenced by, our trip would have been very different if you had been into "My Name Was Earl".
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
February 2nd, 2010, 7:02 pm
shannon
Try My Cupcakes.

OMG Last nights show was awesome. I freakin can't wait till next week.
February 3rd, 2010, 8:52 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

shannon wrote:I hope this season inspires another truly wonderful journey. I could seriously use a grand vacation! Even though it drives me crazy with frustration I guess I should be thankful that you've chosen this show to be so influenced by, our trip would have been very different if you had been into "My Name Was Earl".

Whatever you do, keep Liv away from DVDs of Gilligan's Island. :lol:
February 8th, 2010, 3:34 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
So is anyone on here watching it? I want theories.....
February 8th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:So is anyone on here watching it? I want theories.....

I'd love to discuss theories with you, but I'm only through episode 4 of the first season (creepy guy in suit standing in waves, other mysterious miscellany that I don't want to spoil for anybody). Still haven't gotten my GF to watch any episodes, but she assures me that I can show her some soon. That'd certainly help me to be able to catch up. Anyway, I suspect I'm not going to catch up while the show's still in original production... :-\
February 8th, 2010, 11:28 pm
HOPOMaster

HOPOMaster wrote:
Liv wrote:So is anyone on here watching it? I want theories.....

I'd love to discuss theories with you, but I'm only through episode 4 of the first season (creepy guy in suit standing in waves, other mysterious miscellany that I don't want to spoil for anybody). Still haven't gotten my GF to watch any episodes, but she assures me that I can show her some soon. That'd certainly help me to be able to catch up. Anyway, I suspect I'm not going to catch up while the show's still in original production... :-\

I'm with you on this one.. only Ive been waiting for the final episode to air before I invest all that time in the show. If everyone is let down by the ending I'm not even going to attempt to get started.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
February 9th, 2010, 7:47 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Of course, the pilot episode has a Rifftrax. Might be worth it to put it in your Netflix queue.
8)
February 9th, 2010, 8:03 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Well I'm pretty sold on the "Sacrificial Time Traveler Jack Theory" I went back and watched Episode 1 based on the assumption Jack either knows what's going to happen and/or was never on the plane that crashed in episode 1. It fits perfectly, and it's really odd when you watch episode one knowing this because you interpret the whole series completely different. I imagine if this is the ending, everyone is going to be going out and re-renting everything on Blu-ray for a re-watch when it's all done.
February 9th, 2010, 10:29 am
Liv

Six hours to go till LOST.... So glad I don't live on the west coast anymore!!!
March 2nd, 2010, 3:19 pm
Liv

Thanks to HOPOMaster's insistence, my wife and I have started watching the series. We have just started watching the second season, and so far, I gotta say it's a worthwhile experience.

I'm impressed by the quality of all aspects of the production. The characters are well-written, the actors portray their roles with rather good skill, I think. They make it easy to believe they are real.

I love the quality of the show's music. It's just miles ahead of most shows that I glimpse on the TV these days.

But of course, the real test of the series is how well it was planned out. Every major character has to have a complete biography that leads up to the start of the series, and those life paths are criss-crossed in such interesting ways, that they provide a lot of good entertainment on their own. And all of these things have to be leading to some place that makes the 6 years of productions worth following.

As I said, we've only seen the first full season and the fist few shows in the second. But just 28 hours into the journey, I have a good idea that it's worth it to most anyone.
October 5th, 2010, 9:04 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

The reason the music is so good is because Michael Giaccino did the score. He is my absolute favorite film composer right now. On his way to being this generation's John Williams.
October 5th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Speaking of... "The Event" is proving itself to be very interesting in a "Lost" sort of way.... if you haven't caught it I highly recommend it.
October 6th, 2010, 11:34 am
Liv

Return to Arts