·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Carrie Underwood Concert Tickets Contest

by Liv | Published on April 22nd, 2010, 7:42 pm | Arts
carrie_underwood_greensboro_concert.jpg
carrie_underwood_greensboro_concert.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

So here it is: The Carrie Underwood Concert Ticket Contest. I'm going to keep it really simple. Register with a valid email on Greensboring (if you're not already a member) then reply to this thread with some thought, saying or or interesting fact just to keep us entertained. Winner will be drawn at random on May 6th and contacted via email. Individuals need to reply back within 24 hours to claim the prize, and tickets will be available "will call" on the evening of the show at the Coliseum.

So... Up for grabs:

1 pair of tickets for the October 29 7:30pm concert at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Good luck to everyone!

Of course if you don't win you can always get them when they go on sale April 24 through ticketmaster.

Here's more info on the concert....

CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO LAUNCH “PLAY ON TOUR”

NEXT SPRING

2010 Tour Kicks Off March 11

Nashville – December 10, 2009 – Carrie Underwood fans were excited today when they learned one of country music’s most prolific and versatile power vocalists has just announced performances across North America as her new headline 2010 tour launches next spring. The “Play On Tour,” hydrated by vitaminwater®, will kick off March 11, 2010 with special guests Craig Morgan and Sons of Sylvia. The first leg of 45 shows runs through May 30 with tickets for all shows going on sale starting next Friday, December 18.

“I am getting so excited about next year as we are currently working through all the big plans for the tour,” says Underwood. “I cannot wait to perform new music and see familiar faces across the U.S. and Canada!”

Underwood spent this past year writing and recording for her new album PLAY ON and performed a few select concerts. Her previous tour, 2008’s highly successful “Carnival Ride Tour” wrapped after 137 shows with 1.2 million fans in attendance.

Underwood recently launched her third album, PLAY ON, at the #1 spot on both the country and pop album sales charts and has sold over 700,000 copies in 5 weeks. The release earned the highest first-week sales of the year for any solo country artist at that point and makes Carrie the only country act in Nielsen SoundScan history to achieve first-week sales of more than 300,000 units on each of their first three albums. The feat also extends to American Idol, where the Season Four winner is the first contestant to launch three albums in a row above the 300K threshold, with her 2005 debut, Some Hearts, now seven-times Platinum, and 2007’s Carnival Ride currently triple-Platinum.

Underwood is a four-time GRAMMY winner, ACM Entertainer of the Year, a three-time CMA and three-time reigning ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a member of the Grand Ole Opry with total album sales now in excess of 11 million.

Craig Morgan is signed to Sony Entertainment Nashville’s BNA Records label, and released his fifth studio album, That’s Why, last fall. His latest hit, the anthemic “Bonfire,” is currently Top 5 at country radio and headed for the top of the charts. Last year Morgan received one of country music’s highest honors – he was inducted into the membership of the Grand Ole Opry. Morgan has made more than 150 appearances on the Grand Ole Opry, and plays over 200 sold-out concerts a year. He spent ten years on active duty in the U.S. Army before launching his music career, and makes a point to perform as often as possible at US military installations both in the US and abroad.

Sons of Sylvia are currently finishing up their debut album release on 19 Recordings/Interscope Records due out in 2010. Ashley, Austin, and Adam Clark (formerly known as The Clark Brothers who won FOX’s Next Great American Band) are longtime friends of Underwood, and the band is currently featured on her new album in a powerful collaboration called “What Can I Say.”

Please go to http://www.carrieunderwood.fm for up to date tour information.

Here's my attempt at entertainment.

You may disagree, but I found this QUITE entertaining! Its both hilarious AND impressive....you get to choose which is which. I loved it....and my apologies, of course, to Mr. Jim Steinman.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..."
April 23rd, 2010, 11:37 am
roknroller

Carrie Underwood had never been on an airplane until she was a contestant on American Idol.

So to entertain you, here's some of my favorite air travel safety cards posted on www.airtoons.com

The government safety images on this page aren't the ones that originally had me laughing till either tears or pee came out, but these are funny too. Gggrrrrr, I have got to find the other site that had the better captions!

When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
April 27th, 2010, 7:11 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

FOUND IT!!! Not the original site where I had first viewed these, but click here for the site

A sampling:

If you spot terrorism, blow you anti-terrorism whistle, if you are Vin Diesel, yell really loud.

If you spot a terrorist arrow, pin it against the wall with your shoulder.

Michael Jackson is a terrorist. If you spot this smooth criminal with dead, dead eyes, run the hell away.

If you’ve become a radiation mutant with a deformed hand, remember to close the window. No one wants to see that (expletive).
April 27th, 2010, 7:23 am
Serendipitous

The signs are good. Thanks!

I have no desire for bloody Carrie tickets. I'll wait till you have a contest for Bad Religion or Green Day... :banana-rock:
April 27th, 2010, 7:46 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I'd go with earplugs just to stare at her for an hour. LOL
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
April 27th, 2010, 7:52 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I have no desire for bloody Carrie tickets. I'll wait till you have a contest for Bad Religion or Green Day...

What you talkin' about? We hate everything but Wall-E!

Sanjuro wrote:I'd go with earplugs just to stare at her for an hour. LOL

You'd only need earplugs until she sings "Jesus, Take the Wheel." At that point, your head would explode and the earplugs would not matter anymore.
April 27th, 2010, 8:30 am
Serendipitous

The winner chosen by our lovely random number generator is..... drum roll please..... "RockNRoller"! Congratulations!
May 7th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

this is the funniest video EVER!! my friends and I can't stop quoting it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspaoaecNAg
September 18th, 2010, 4:52 pm
lovescarrieu

Return to Arts