·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

John Barrowman- Hottest man alive?

by Liv | Published on November 17th, 2008, 6:48 pm | Arts
Ok, I'm convinced. John Barrowman is the hottest individual on the face of the earth. BHL might have to disagree, but seriously... he sings, acts, is gorgeous, is Scottish. We (Me & Shan) were discussing on our family walk the other day, that no one.... no one is that perfect. I mean, he doesn't even speak in his "real" dialect. He talks "Americanish" though he has a deep Scottish accent. I find it funny he would have chose the American accent when someone once told me the only thing you need to succeed in America is a "fake" British accent. I'm quite convinced when he goes home at night there must be something wrong with him, like compulsive farting or something....

What I really love is he is such a great role model. He is an actively positive individual that's brought popular television and music into the present by making it okay to be gay. It would be really amazing if we could have such a poster child on American television too. Perhaps we'll get lucky and John will come to American television in the future.

I've always thought he bounced between looking like Tom Cruise and Mark Harmon. And I wouldn't say either of them are the hottest man alive... But that's cool to see/hear him singing! I wouldn't have guessed. I haven't seen all Torchwood episodes, so I don't know if he's sung in any of those... I don't think he's sung in any Dr Who episodes.

*looking to Sanjuro*
:liar: <--- that's me poking Sanj wid meh nose!!!

(Note: I think I've LOLcatted a little too much recently... had to catch up with a zillion new pics!)

So... what other credits does Barrowman have? I've never bothered to IMDB him.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
November 17th, 2008, 7:12 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

We thought the exact same thing... But oh.... the whole package is so much better.... It's now my life mission to meet this man....

You might remember him in "The Producers".
November 17th, 2008, 7:28 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Ok, I'm convinced. John Barrowman is the hottest individual on the face of the earth. BHL might have to disagree, but seriously... he sings, acts, is gorgeous, is Scottish. We (Me & Shan) were discussing on our family walk the other day, that no one.... no one is that perfect. I mean, he doesn't even speak in his "real" dialect. He talks "Americanish" though he has a deep Scottish accent. I find it funny he would have chose the American accent when someone once told me the only thing you need to succeed in America is a "fake" British accent. I'm quite convinced when he goes home at night there must be something wrong with him, like compulsive farting or something...

What I really love is he is such a great role model. He is an actively positive individual that's brought popular television and music into the present by making it okay to be gay. It would be really amazing if we could have such a poster child on American television too. Perhaps we'll get lucky and John will come to American television in the future.

For heaven's sake, Liv! Don't say that out loud! Angelina Jolie might just dump Brad Pitt if she thinks somebody is hotter than the current hubby she stole from another woman. I rather don't think she would have much inhibition about trying to steal a gay man from his partner. Let's just say Barrowman is sort of OK looking and be done with it.
November 17th, 2008, 7:54 pm
Questioner

Sorry, I think I have a crush.
November 17th, 2008, 7:57 pm
Liv

First, hes a poor man's Tom Cruise. Second, he needs to polish up his acting and not be so melodramatic.

Third, Torchwood and Doctor Who are awesome and I couldn't imagine anyone else in Capt Jack Harkenss (Hotness? ;) ) role.

Fourth.. he's bI-Sexual in the show... So technically he made it ok to be bi. get it "straight" Liv. :lol:

As soon as I can find a good deal, I'm picking up Torchwood on Blu.

The Episode where he meets his name-sake is my favorite first season episode. I got quite misty I must admit.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
November 17th, 2008, 8:17 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Shhhhh! I think he's GAY!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
November 17th, 2008, 8:42 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:Shhhhh! I think he's GAY!

Who are we shushing from??? :?:
November 18th, 2008, 7:47 am
Serendipitous

I loved that episode...

I was a little offish when I first started watching Barrowman in the role, and questioned his acting... but I don't anymore.... I think what appeared to be a reluctancy to fully encompass his character was actually him in character in the vacant disconnected Jack....

If there was any disconnection, it appears to be gone in season 2. Just absolutely amazing television, and amazing cast.... including the rest of the ensemble.
November 18th, 2008, 8:33 am
Liv

BecauseHeLives wrote:Shhhhh! I think he's GAY!

Well he can bring his boyfriend too.... Duh....
November 18th, 2008, 8:35 am
Liv

Liv wrote:I loved that episode...

I was a little offish when I first started watching Barrowman in the role, and questioned his acting... but I don't anymore.... I think what appeared to be a reluctancy to fully encompass his character was actually him in character in the vacant disconnected Jack....

If there was any disconnection, it appears to be gone in season 2. Just absolutely amazing television, and amazing cast.... including the rest of the ensemble.

Have you seen all of season 2 yet? The end is rather shocking. :shhh:
November 18th, 2008, 9:49 am
Sanjuro

We're on the second from the last disc right now... We just finished the episode where Owen stops the girl from killing herself on the roof.

Definately, most disturbing episode was the "meat" monster episode.
November 18th, 2008, 1:13 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:We're on the second from the last disc right now... We just finished the episode where Owen stops the girl from killing herself on the roof.

Definately, most disturbing episode was the "meat" monster episode.

Did you ever get to watch the Doctor Who Episodes where Capt Jack was introduced? If not check out the "Empty Child" 2-parter from season 1. One of the best/creepiest stories of the series, and really sets up Jack. I loved the script and the unique reaction of the Doctor to the final outcome. :D

Also, check out Jack's ...demise... in the season finale 2-parter fighting the Daleks.

His reoccurring role on that show revealed some really cool surprises (you probably already got spoiled vie Wiki) and some of the best running gags.
November 19th, 2008, 10:25 am
Sanjuro

We're on about episode 4 of season 1 right now of Doctor Who... it's a bit tough getting into since it's a bit comedic in comparison to torchwood... almost silly.... So we're a bit slow on the whole thing... but we just ran out of Torchwood.... so we will probably start watching that and I want to order MI5.

I find it interesting though that the other torchwood members were all in Dr. Who too....

Okay... so Jack dies? For real? Seriously you're killing me....

We've decided since we ran out of Torchwood eps. that if we win the lotto were moving to Cardiff and are going to stalk John until he agrees to improv new episodes live for us....
November 19th, 2008, 1:02 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:I find it interesting though that the other torchwood members were all in Dr. Who too....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Where's the "biting my tongue" emoticon?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Liv, love.... Think. Think. Think.
November 19th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Serendipitous

Serendipitous wrote:
Liv wrote:I find it interesting though that the other torchwood members were all in Dr. Who too....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Where's the "biting my tongue" emoticon?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Liv, love.... Think. Think. Think.

What's so brilliant is that all this stuff in Torchwood is going to make SO much more sense after she gets through all the Who Seasons!!
November 19th, 2008, 1:09 pm
Sanjuro

Oh it's just so clear to everyone whose sat around and watched the series-es in order isn't it????

No, I've got my guesses.... I'm just going along for the ride....
November 19th, 2008, 1:09 pm
Liv

:lol:

But, yeah... to speak to your earlier comment:

Doctor Who is meant to be a bit more campy. Part of the charm.
November 19th, 2008, 1:25 pm
Sanjuro

:angry-screaming:

I am pretty sure in one of the earliest episodes of Torchwood, we establish a few key things about Capt Jack. Sanj, you know what I'm talking about??? Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiv... THINK!

Yes, Torchwood "spun off" from Dr Who, but they do pretty well with getting viewers up to speed if they've not seen Dr Who. HOWEVER, it makes a HUGE difference in really "getting it" and appreciating that which was first established in Dr Who.
November 19th, 2008, 1:26 pm
Serendipitous

Yes before you state the obvious, I'm aware of the anagram...

I get some of the stuff....

I'm sure it will all come together... all I know is I hope Tosh and Owen aren't really dead.... in season 3..
November 19th, 2008, 1:56 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:Yes before you state the obvious, I'm aware of the anagram...

I get some of the stuff....

I'm sure it will all come together... all I know is I hope Tosh and Owen aren't really dead.... in season 3..

:cry: Not the anagram...

:cry: It's just about Jack.

He's special.
November 19th, 2008, 2:04 pm
Serendipitous

Serendipitous wrote:
He's special.

Special Jack Harkness?

20080731_simple-jack.jpg
November 19th, 2008, 2:10 pm
Sanjuro

No I get the T for torchwood... the Cross, the savior... I get it... just don't have the full picture yet....

If that's what you're saying...
November 19th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:No I get the T for torchwood... the Cross, the savior... I get it... just don't have the full picture yet....

If that's what you're saying...

Its not. :|
November 19th, 2008, 4:35 pm
Sanjuro

This is all a ploy so I have to run out and buy all 9 seasons of Dr. Who tonight and catch up, isn't it?
November 19th, 2008, 4:39 pm
Liv

Return to Arts