greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Science & Technology | Religion & philosophy | Politics | Sports & Auto | World & Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

The Rocky Steps

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:37 pm

The Rocky Steps

It's so funny I've been reading up on the famed Rocky Steps from the movie Rocky, which are located in Philadelphia. It's odd because perhaps more then any other attraction in Philadelphia this is the most popular, and it's just steps.

Click for Full Size

One of the articles I read quoted the museum's manager as saying It's nice to see visitors come and run up the steps, but I wish they'd come inside the museum.

He's referring to the art museum that the steps lead up to. Isn't it odd that a city with so much history gets overshadowed by a 20 year old movie with Sylvester Stallone? So much so, that the visitor to these iconic step doesn't even realize that they are for the museum? Does The Liberty Bell, and Ben Franklin belong beside the embodiment of the American spirit portrayed in a fictional movie?

Could it be some guy in boxing glove, is as much of a national monuments as the liberty Bell? I think so. After all, isn't America all about the underdog who rises against all odds from poverty and misfortune to battle some overwhelming obstacle?
By chipperooh
Guest Columnist
Published: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:00 pm

In my mind's eye,, I picture you as Toni Collette. Cool

Reply to topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Advertise here

dish network
Shannon's Mom Hack