Moon-mission astronaut and UFOs

by
Published on April 19th, 2009, 2:23 pm
Rift: X

meat_alien.jpg

Apparently in light of the upcoming X-conference, many- including an Apollo Astronaut are encouraging Obama to end the information embargo on UFOs. Of course if that happens SFI has to get a new set of physics.... but that's okay... BHL has a set in waiting.

'I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real,' Mitchell said. 'It has been covered up by governments for quite some time now,' added Mitchell, who grew up in Roswell, N.M., the location of the controversial 1947 incident in which some believe the U.S. military covered up the crash scene of an alien spacecraft. via

On a side note... had a really great steak for lunch... mmmm.... steak.
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
April 19th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Finding out that extraterrestrials had visited Earth would not require a new physics. A new religion for some perhaps. It would certainly cast a new light on government competency for being able to keep a secret since 1947 through several republican and democrat presidents. Quite how they would be able to do this while not being able to keep secret thinks things they really, really wanted to, like say Watergate, Iran Contra, Lewinski, Khaled El-Masri etc. I just don't know.

It reminds me of the old joke
How do we know the CIA were not responsible for the Kennedy assassination?
Well - he's dead!

I don't believe in aliens, not because they could not exist, but because the evidence is so flimsy, anecdotal and irrational*. Why is it aliens visit Earth to flatten wheat fields in interesting patters, mutilate cows and only appear to strange people in rural America to perform anal penetration experiments?

* Although it's a lot better than the evidence for God.

{edited for typo while Nfidel makes fun of me. Sniff]
Last edited by A Person on April 19th, 2009, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
April 19th, 2009, 3:11 pm
A Person

Is that so, reality boy? Then tell me, why are you subconsciously channeling the late Dr Seuss? :)
A Person wrote:Quite how they would be able to do this while not being able to keep secret thinks

Dr. Seuss Proof
April 19th, 2009, 4:11 pm
Nfidel

He went to the Moon in Apollo 14. Grew up in Roswell, NM. And he's dead certain that there are aliens visiting the Earth. For what reason, I have no clue.
April 21st, 2009, 7:50 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Uh he's an astronaut... he has the "resume" to back up his claim.
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
April 21st, 2009, 10:38 am
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:Uh he's an astronaut... he has the "resume" to back up his claim.

A little physical evidence would go a long way to gaining him acceptance. Claims based only on authority should always be treated with a good dose of skepticism.
April 21st, 2009, 10:42 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

See, this subject is really very twisty. The headline on CNN's article says that an astronaut says that we are not alone in the universe. Now, saying that -- if it's in connection with things like the search for exo-planets and the SETI project -- I have no problem with it. Considering what we know about the universe, it's ludicrous to think life only exists on Earth, and I know of very few who would suggest it these days.

But this UFO business is a completely different beast. It tries to imply that intelligent, hyper-technology aliens have been buzzing around Earth for centuries, but only in a clandestine manner... apparently in hopes of spooking some poor farmers and probing some anuses.

Now, if you study history a little, you'll find that in the Dark Ages, many people reported being visited in the night by demons that similarly performed sexual acts on them. The most likely explanation for this is that these were merely vivid dreams, overlaying nightly brain activity with each person's cultural trappings (though in a few stories I've read, there were nuns who were pretty obviously raped at night by local priests, but that's another story entirely). There is simply no good reason to suspect that aliens would travel to Earth (even with some technology that would allow interstellar travel) and then hang around for centuries, trying to keep out of sight and doing a rather idiotic job of it, what with the appearances in front of recluses, night-time rapes of the odd human, and so-forth.

Now, should an alien decide to land in Central Park and explain itself in front of all news organizations' cameras, that'll be cool. But don't expect anyone to take you or Mitchell or whoever just as a matter of faith.
April 21st, 2009, 12:21 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

I don't believe there to be life on any other planet than the one we live on.

Interesting excerp from gotquestions.org though

Discussing original sin...

If all of creation suffers, that means that any life apart from earth would also suffer. If, for the sake of argument, there exists moral beings on other planets, then they also suffer; and if not now, then someday they will surely suffer when everything will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat (2 Peter 3:10). If they had never sinned, then God would be unjust to punish them; but if they had sinned, and Christ could die only once (which He did on earth) then they are left in their sin, which would also be against the character of God (2 Peter 3:9). This leaves us with an unsolvable paradox . . . unless, of course, there are no moral beings outside of earth.

What about life forms on other planets that are non-moral and non-sentient? Could algae or even dogs and cats be present on an unknown planet? Presumably so, and it would not do any real harm to any biblical text. But it would certainly prove problematic when trying answer questions like, "Since all of creation suffers, what purpose would God have in creating suffering non-moral and non-sentient creatures on distant planets?

In conclusion, the Bible gives us no reason to believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe. In fact, the Bible gives us several key reasons why there cannot be. Yes, there are many strange and unexplainable things that take place. There is no reason, though, to attribute these phenomena to aliens or UFOs. If there is a discernable cause to these supposed events, it is likely spiritual, and more specifically, demonic in origin
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
April 21st, 2009, 3:44 pm
BecauseHeLives

Liv wrote:Uh he's an astronaut... he has the "resume" to back up his claim.

His claim to knowledge is not through his experience as an astronaut.

Mitchell grew up in Roswell, New Mexico, which some UFO believers maintain was the site of a UFO crash in 1947. He said residents of his hometown "had been hushed and told not to talk about their experience by military authorities." They had been warned of "dire consequences" if they did so.

But, he claimed, they "didn't want to go to the grave with their story. They wanted to tell somebody reliable. And being a local boy and having been to the moon, they considered me reliable enough to whisper in my ear their particular story."

Roughly 10 years ago, Mitchell claimed, he was finally given an appointment at Pentagon to discuss what he had been told.

An unnamed admiral working for the Joint Chiefs of Staff promised to uncover the truth behind the Roswell story, Mitchell said. The stories of a UFO crash "were confirmed," but the admiral was then denied access when he "tried to get into the inner workings of that process."

The same admiral, Mitchell claimed, now denies the story.

It appears he knows nothing beyond anecdotes and speculation.

BecauseHeLives wrote:I don't believe there to be life on any other planet than the one we live on.

Well it would make the Bible even more in conflict with reality wouldn't it? Although if it is discovered, apologists would undoubtedly reinterpret bits of Genesis to show how the Bable already told us this.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
April 21st, 2009, 3:53 pm
A Person

Return to X