5 Toes, The Two Tounge Cat

by
Published on October 16th, 2005, 3:55 pm
Rift: X

Greensboro, NC -- Let us introduce to you Five-Toes, a one-of-a-kind cat.

The Dobson feline was born with five toes on each paw, hence her name.Advertisement

But what makes her even more unique is the fact she was born with two-tongues.

Her owner Bill Whittington remembers the big surprise he got last December.

"I started out and she flicked them tongues out and with a yell I let out. I believe everybody and his brother would have heard it, if they'd had been awake."

He says people laugh about her, until she shows her tongues.

Whittington says five-toes is the only one of her kind. And Ripley's Believe It Or Not agrees. The keepers of unusual records is featuring five-toes in their 2006 guide.

Five-Toes paid a visit to the WFMY Good Morning Show set on Thursday.

To see her full visit with Rosemary Plybon, click here.

To see a shorter version of the video, click on the play button to the right of this story.

October 16th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Ok... I have my share of weird cats at home. I have one that refuses to shut up at any time she's not eating or sleeping. I have a deaf cat who knows when anyone is walking around outside -- and he loves to take showers with my wife and me. But finding at cat that can tell when someone's about to die? Boy -- that's totally creepy.

Looks pretty fluffy, though. 8)
July 26th, 2007, 8:19 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
That's freaking creepy... I think I'd be a bit creeped out if the cat crawled up next to me.
July 26th, 2007, 9:13 am
Liv

Follow Me
I think it must be a very sweet critter, one that feel something like sympathy for the sickest people in its world. I could enjoy getting to know such a cat.
July 26th, 2007, 9:57 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I think it must be a very sweet critter, one that feel something like sympathy for the sickest people in its world. I could enjoy getting to know such a cat.

For about three or four hours anyway.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
July 26th, 2007, 10:12 am
RebelSnake

There needs to be the usual skepticism until confirmation bias has been eliminated.

"it's also possible his behavior could be driven by self-centered pleasures like a heated blanket placed on a dying person" too true - maybe he's hungry :twisted:
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
July 26th, 2007, 10:35 am
A Person

RebelSnake wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I think it must be a very sweet critter, one that feel something like sympathy for the sickest people in its world. I could enjoy getting to know such a cat.

For about three or four hours anyway.

:lol: :mrgreen:
July 26th, 2007, 10:52 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

This article give some background to the phenomenon including the information that dogs are trained to act as seizure alert dogs for epileptics, and that some dogs can smell cancers.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
July 29th, 2007, 12:34 pm
A Person

Picture time!

:mrgreen:

(Edit: added 2008-02-24)
The picture reminded me of one of my friend's blogs:

In my friend's blog, he wrote:
February 3, 2008 - Sunday

mormons and the superbowl

so, i'm in the middle of the 1st quarter, and there's a knock at the door..... the lights outside were off and my parents were at my brothers house, so i didn't know who it was..... well, it was 2 mormon elders wanting to say hi...... ok, i don't have a problem with mormons, or any other religious sect who feels the need to preach to the masses, but it's superbowl sunday!!!! even then, it's during the superbowl.... do you really think anyone (who's not already a mormon) wants to talk to you about your faith during the game, much less the commercials????? i was polite and said "sorry guys, i don't want to talk right now".... i hope the next house they knock at is polite.... i'd hate for them to knock on some drunk giants fans door tonight if they lose

bad timing gentlemen, bad form
Last edited by Serendipitous on February 24th, 2008, 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
February 21st, 2008, 5:43 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I have a cat that is almost exactly a negative image of that one.

Cool!
February 21st, 2008, 5:52 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Took a while, but I finally found one of my other faves. It's amazing what one can accomplish by Googling! Too bad I didn't do that from the get-go!

When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
February 21st, 2008, 9:15 pm
Serendipitous

Ah, but the ceiling cat is there! Just waiting to pounce. My cat would never throw up on the rug. But that sneaky ceiling cat does such things in order to try to frame my poor, innocent little kitty.
February 23rd, 2008, 7:28 am

Guest wrote:Ah, but the ceiling cat is there! Just waiting to pounce. My cat would never throw up on the rug. But that sneaky ceiling cat does such things in order to try to frame my poor, innocent little kitty.

Ur kitteh is indoctrinating ur baby...

ndenseelincat128457707840156250.jpg

:twisted:

February 23rd, 2008, 12:28 pm
Serendipitous

can't...seem...to...stop...

February 23rd, 2008, 9:35 pm
Serendipitous

ceilingcatpooh.jpg
ceilingcatpooh.jpg (21.19 KiB) Viewed 706 times
February 23rd, 2008, 10:14 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:
ceilingcatpooh.jpg

:lol:
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
February 23rd, 2008, 10:32 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I often ask myself, why do I have a catbox? My mother always seemed to know how to train the cats that they had to go outside, just like the dogs. Of course, the cats were not declawed when I was a kid.....

Our ceiling cat was most active last night. Who else would have gotten grapes out of the fruit bowl and rolled them all over the house?
February 24th, 2008, 7:28 am
Questioner

For those who apparently don't get it- the Ceiling Cat is, umm, the cat's concept of God. Unlikely it would waste time rolling grapes around, but it would administer eternal pain and hellfire to those barbarians who would declaw their kittehs.
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
February 24th, 2008, 10:50 am
C. Alice

Teh ceiling cat is ur god. he s wtchng u rt now
February 24th, 2008, 11:49 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Teh ceiling cat is ur god. he s wtchng u rt now

And Celing Cats says U can haz all cheezburgers U want during Lent.
And mouses too.
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

February 24th, 2008, 11:56 am
C. Alice

C. Alice wrote:

And mouses too.

All da cheezburgerz I want? :shock: :twisted:

February 24th, 2008, 12:13 pm
Serendipitous

LOLMouses sez U can haz all cheezeburgers
lolmousesnonom.jpg
February 24th, 2008, 12:29 pm
A Person

Serendipitous wrote:
C. Alice wrote:

And mouses too.

All da cheezburgerz I want? :shock: :twisted:

An cokes too. For freezies.
If Hardeez has mouses, they don't advertise.

jalapeno_thickBurger_coke.jpg

February 24th, 2008, 12:39 pm
C. Alice

C. Alice wrote:If Hardeez has mouses, they don't advertise.

Ceeling Kitteh Sez Ask - it givn
jalapeno_MouseBurger_coke.JPG
February 24th, 2008, 1:15 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:LOLMouses sez U can haz all cheezeburgers
lolmousesnonom.jpg

:lol:

February 24th, 2008, 2:18 pm
Serendipitous

Return to X