The Truth Behind the Haunting on Payne Road

by
Published on May 5th, 2009, 1:36 pm
Rift: X

I just wanted to say -- I GOT IN THE 100th POST for this thread!

Woot! 8)
May 5th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I am always interested in what different people say about their "experiences" on Payne Road.

Let me clarify a few issues by giving everyone just a few basic facts. Yes, I said "facts."

Payne Road & Edwards Road are 2 different roads. Payne runs in between Friendship Rd. & Hwy 66 completely in Stokes County. The road used to be partially gravel but is now paved. Edwards Rd runs from the railroad tracks in the middle of Rural Hall and dead ends into Payne Rd. It begins in Forsyth County. It used to be paved only in the Forsyth County part but is now completely paved.

The "haunted house" was located on Edwards Rd about 1\4 mile from Payne Rd. The Edwards family has owned the house-property since it was originally built. The last time the house was occupied was in 1988-1989 when a friend of mine named Keith lived there mainly for property upkeep & to keep people from continuing to destroy the house. Keith accidentally shot & killed his girlfriend on the property and while awaiting trial, he killed himself. The girlfriend is the only fatality to have ever happened on the property.

The land still remains in the Edwards family to this day.

I have lived on Edwards Road since 1986, just around the curve from where the house & bridge used to be located. We were the only house there for a few years but now there are several homes built.

We continue to see kids & thrillseekers travel down the road from time to time & still occasionally have issues with property damage & trespassing. Please be courteous & respectful the next time you choose to go "ghost hunting" in our neighborhood.
May 23rd, 2009, 2:32 pm
nccountrybumpkin

i live right near payne rd and i've been there about a billion and half times and nothing has ever happened to me.

we've turned off the car on the bridge and stopped the car and all kinds of junk.
and i've gone in the middle of the day, at 10pm and at like 3 in the morning.
well basically any time of day.

and i've walked around the cemetary on edwards rd in the dark more than once.
and nothing ever happens.

so don't waste your time/gas.

xx
July 19th, 2009, 1:34 am
sydney

Return to X